Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naka

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 09, 2008, 12:49:52 PM
Quote from: corn02 on October 09, 2008, 12:18:57 PM
Quote from: diesel-smuggler on October 09, 2008, 11:22:05 AM
carrickcruppen st. patricks

Never knew Cruppen was called St. Patrick's? How many St Patrick's is there in the county?

At least 3 officially, Dromintee, Cruppen and ourselves. May be a couple more though I'm not aware of them. Only one really though!
isnt it great that people recognise the crupps as the pre-eminent club in Armagh with the name "st Patricks" ;)

BenDover

Quote from: The Iceman on October 09, 2008, 02:10:09 PM
Philadelphia Shamrocks

Candyman I thought only Ogs B team played for the Brack?

Iceman think somehow you've got ur wires crossed - It'd be the Harps B's playing for the Brack  ;)

The Iceman

Quote from: BenDover on October 09, 2008, 03:10:09 PM
Philadelphia Shamrocks

Iceman think somehow you've got ur wires crossed - It'd be the Harps B's playing for the Brack  ;)

Didn't want to reveal Candymans secret identity  - he likes to keep things under the radar but we all know he is Diz McAvinchey
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Candyman

Quote from: The Iceman on October 09, 2008, 03:13:58 PM
Quote from: BenDover on October 09, 2008, 03:10:09 PM
Philadelphia Shamrocks

Didn't want to reveal Candymans secret identity  - he likes to keep things under the radar but we all know he is Diz McAvinchey

Ok I'll hold my hands up.... I'M BUNION McCREADY!!!  :-*

winsamsoon

Brother of roy????  :D :D welcome back decide i shall to report you next time to see if i get the same reaction. I am glad you have came back because i asn't allowed to say anything according to full back . You are the spokesman for the Clans you know.So my club shall have to be St Peter's then.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

crossfire

The Ogs Killeavy game  had the 2 best forwards in Armagh playing.
However Ogs made maximum use of their star man whilst Killeavy wasted theirs.
Between scores taken from play and scores made by him  Ronan Clarke was directly responsible for 8 of Ogs total. In contrast Stevie didn't score from play and his contribution to Killeavys total was minimaal which was hardly his fault.
Such a waste of a super forward. It was akin to playing Pele at full back.

winsamsoon

I think i highlighted this problem crossfire before the games. It was clear that was always going to be a problem more so for killeavy because the rest of the team are just average whilst the ogs woud have another 4 or 5 half decent players
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

bennydorano

It was suicidal alrite, I'd dare say Stevie can dictate alot within that team, which might have something to do with it. I only caught the second half, but I couldn't believe how bad Killeavey were.

john mcgill

Real1995

Cúchulainn C.L.G An Mullach Bán

HOGANSTAND
One of the GAA's most astonishing records came to an end last weekend when Oisin McConville missed a club championship match for the first time since 1996. For the first time in 13 campaigns, Crossmaglen took to the field for a championship match without their talismanic attacker. Incredibly, McConville had the distinction of playing in a remarkable 98 consecutive knockout games up until the 2008 county semi-final defeat of Armagh Harps. True to form, he scored in every single one of those games as Crossmaglen became the dominant force in Armagh, Ulster and Ireland. It's a sequence that will surely never be equalled
Nice guys always finish second!

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Real1995 on October 09, 2008, 08:32:28 PM

HOGANSTAND
One of the GAA's most astonishing records came to an end last weekend when Oisin McConville missed a club championship match for the first time since 1996. For the first time in 13 campaigns, Crossmaglen took to the field for a championship match without their talismanic attacker. Incredibly, McConville had the distinction of playing in a remarkable 98 consecutive knockout games up until the 2008 county semi-final defeat of Armagh Harps. True to form, he scored in every single one of those games as Crossmaglen became the dominant force in Armagh, Ulster and Ireland. It's a sequence that will surely never be equalled

End of an era?  ;)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on October 09, 2008, 09:14:03 PM

HOGANSTAND

End of an era?  ;)

Ye reckon?  We'll see in a few weeks! 

That is some record and if you add that to the 50 odd games he played for Armagh that is a serious haul of championship games.  Add in club and county League games, say 20 a year over his career and you could easily add 250 games on top of that.  400 games is some tally and no wonder his back is fcuked!!!  It's when you see stats like that that the argument for payment is easier to make.  Hopefull he will add at least another 5 championship games before this season is out ;)

By the by, Cross obviously, but now affiliated to Ballincollig in Cork, with a certain amount of time allocated to Sliabh Rua underage teams as well in my home village here.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 09, 2008, 09:22:16 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on October 09, 2008, 09:14:03 PM

HOGANSTAND

End of an era?  ;)

Ye reckon?  We'll see in a few weeks! 

That is some record and if you add that to the 50 odd games he played for Armagh that is a serious haul of championship games.  Add in club and county League games, say 20 a year over his career and you could easily add 250 games on top of that.  400 games is some tally and no wonder his back is fcuked!!!  It's when you see stats like that that the argument for payment is easier to make.  Hopefull he will add at least another 5 championship games before this season is out ;)

By the by, Cross obviously, but now affiliated to Ballincollig in Cork, with a certain amount of time allocated to Sliabh Rua underage teams as well in my home village here.

:D I thought I'd get a reaction like that

It has to be said though, it is some achievement

Orior

Quote from: illdecide on October 09, 2008, 10:42:51 AM
Anyways i think it's time we all revealed what clubs we represent on the board as some people have the right to know...

Poyntzpass Redmond O'Hanlons (and Scarva Rangers... not)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians