Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Granemore bt Cullaville 
Silverbridge bt Killeavey

diesel-smuggler

cruppen retained the under21 championship last night in a thrilling game in abbey park.

they completely bossed the first 15 minutes and then decided to stop for some reason allowing madden to take control and go into the interval with a 5 point lead with a few dubious scores their first point was at least 3ft wide and the umpire gave it as a score the linesman actually called the referee over to tell him how wide it was! then madden got a goal when it should have been a free to cruppen for a sliding tackle

things hadnt been looking too good at half time and some of the players got told a few home truths about their performance in the first half and their reponse was immense. cruppen made a few switches on the pitch and it paid dividends as the out-played, out-classed and out-muscled madden in every area of the pitch the scoreline for the second half was cruppen 2-6 and they restricted madden to 0-2 (2 free kicks)

im sure madden are well sick after playing so well in the first day - cruppen always knew that they couldnt play as bad again although it did look like it in the second quarter of the game last night

well done lads!

cruppen minors play the winners of madden v mullaghbawn in the second round of the championship

youbetterbelieveit

Any got the Sarsfields team that played at the weekend?

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: youbetterbelieveit on September 08, 2008, 10:18:07 AM
Any got the Sarsfields team that played at the weekend?
Have the programme at home, I'll post it up tomorrow.

I might be able to remmber certain names though, if you have specific queries?

youbetterbelieveit

Was wondering how a former club mate of my is performing, he wouldnt be a native of the parish!

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: youbetterbelieveit on September 08, 2008, 10:22:52 AM
Was wondering how a former club mate of my is performing, he wouldnt be a native of the parish!

What's his name?

bennydorano

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on September 08, 2008, 10:12:34 AM
cruppen retained the under21 championship last night in a thrilling game in abbey park.

they completely bossed the first 15 minutes and then decided to stop for some reason allowing madden to take control and go into the interval with a 5 point lead with a few dubious scores their first point was at least 3ft wide and the umpire gave it as a score the linesman actually called the referee over to tell him how wide it was! then madden got a goal when it should have been a free to cruppen for a sliding tackle

things hadnt been looking too good at half time and some of the players got told a few home truths about their performance in the first half and their reponse was immense. cruppen made a few switches on the pitch and it paid dividends as the out-played, out-classed and out-muscled madden in every area of the pitch the scoreline for the second half was cruppen 2-6 and they restricted madden to 0-2 (2 free kicks)

im sure madden are well sick after playing so well in the first day - cruppen always knew that they couldnt play as bad again although it did look like it in the second quarter of the game last night

well done lads!

cruppen minors play the winners of madden v mullaghbawn in the second round of the championship
Your goal came from a dodgy sliding tackle as well. 

diesel-smuggler

benny i seem to recall from this time last year that you labelled cruppen under21's a poor side that won a poor under21 championship having beaten no one!

does the fact that the team have now retained their under21 title make them any better having beaten clann eireann, keady, tir na nog and crossmaglen enroute to the final and beating a madden team who accounted for dromintee who beat granemore to get to the final make them any different?

i think it is a great achievment for this bunch of lads! from the team that won in 2007 4 of the starting team had been overage for this years team, and again only 4 of this years team is overage for the 2009 under21 championship

full back

Well done to Cruppen, some decent players for the future on that team.

BTW, was told last week that ye are going for 3 in a row, this is before ye won the second :o

bennydorano

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on September 08, 2008, 11:17:21 AM
benny i seem to recall from this time last year that you labelled cruppen under21's a poor side that won a poor under21 championship having beaten no one!

Correct.  Great achievement this year thou.  Bodes well for the future, if you haven't a team of stoves.

diesel-smuggler

a few of the lads are going travelling to australia so that could be a possible disaster short term! for the long term though they are still young and on return to ireland after their travels they will still have plenty of time ahead of them to continue their football

Candyman

I know its been asked before and possibly discussed on other threads.....
Any betting for the weekends Championship games???

illdecide

Rory Robinson is the ref for the Cross v Clans game
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

I would be happy enough with that ref i'll decide at least the game "should" now only be decided on football  without the influence of bias or hatred.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

illdecide

Quote from: winsamsoon on September 08, 2008, 01:58:56 PM
I would be happy enough with that ref i'll decide at least the game "should" now only be decided on football  without the influence of bias or hatred.

Correct saan ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch