Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenDover

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on December 15, 2006, 02:22:26 PM
Big Sean has been a bit more fotunate with injuries though.
Aye that's what i was thinking, suppose thats all it boils down to is the rub of the green.

Spirit I actually think that Clarke played on 3 Ogs minor teams all of which got into the Ulster Minor Championship, is this correct el_cuervo?

Spiritof98

I know he did but one of them was in 98 and my stat was from 99, i think, im no Ogs follower but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Spiritof98

His points were from play (might have been three), your right though, the outside of the boot one was a beauty.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Sandy Hill

Sean Cavanagh has played just as much football as Clarkie apart from the minor Championship runs to the Ulster Champ and it wouldn't surprise me if he hits a brick wall .....

As long as he continues to play with his wing mirrors, he'll be alright!   ;)

"Stercus accidit"

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: BenDover on December 15, 2006, 06:12:29 PM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on December 15, 2006, 02:22:26 PM
Big Sean has been a bit more fotunate with injuries though.
Aye that's what i was thinking, suppose thats all it boils down to is the rub of the green.

Spirit I actually think that Clarke played on 3 Ogs minor teams all of which got into the Ulster Minor Championship, is this correct el_cuervo?

You're right in that assumption bendover. He played in the first year when i was in the minor team and he was a cub and then he played the next 2.

BenDover

I heard today that he's gona need full reconstruction on his knee, a visit to Dr R Steadman would surely be on the cards for Clarke but like rolloutking said the County never sent JT but I for one hope they send Clarke.

Ur probably right spirit but I wouldn't be too sure on my dates

rolloutking

I stand corrected, he scored them from play but im sure it was only two because he didnt start the replay and if someone came on in the 2nd half and swung over 3 minors they'd definitely start the next day. Recalling the one with the outside of the boot...i think it was one of his first touches and was his first intercounty point and all i can say is...what a way to arrive on the big stage. I was sitting just behind it and you could see as soon as he got hands on the ball he was going for it, it went outside the post and curled back in, pure leathal lak!

Where did this news of needing reconstruction of the knee come from. Jesus John Toal and Micheal Owen didn't even need total reconstruction and look what happened them. Anyways when did this injury happen because it couldn't be burnout as he wouldn't even have been able to put pressure on it so it aint as if he could have been walking around blind to the injury. Was it in that fkin international cack?

pintsofguinness

Culloville beat the bridge by about 6, I think the  score was 1-7 to 0-4 or something like that.

Poor enough game, I thought we were on top for most of the first half but a fortunate goal for culloville right before half time meant they went in leading by 2. We were very wasteful in front of goal in the second half.  Culloville picked off a few scores and we just lost shape as the game went on and went for goals far too soon. I'm disappointed in the scoreline I don't think it was a reflection of the game but apart from that we can't complain, the lads have done well this year and it's been a good year for the club.
Congratulations to Culloville and all the best to them next year.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

PatDaly

Can anyone confirm the dates, times and venues for the remaining games in the Armagh U21 Football Championship?

Saturday December 23rd

Quarter-Final: Venue? Time ? Crossmaglen v Silverbridge

Saturday December 30th

Semi-Final A: Venue? Time ?  Cross or Silverbridge v Armagh Harps

Semi-Final B: Venue? Time ? Dromintee v Pearse Og

Final:

pintsofguinness

QuoteQuarter-Final: Venue? Time ? Crossmaglen v Silverbridge
Cross 2pm
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

trueblue

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 17, 2006, 04:04:24 PM
Culloville beat the bridge by about 6, I think the score was 1-7 to 0-4 or something like that.

Poor enough game, I thought we were on top for most of the first half but a fortunate goal for culloville right before half time meant they went in leading by 2. We were very wasteful in front of goal in the second half. Culloville picked off a few scores and we just lost shape as the game went on and went for goals far too soon. I'm disappointed in the scoreline I don't think it was a reflection of the game but apart from that we can't complain, the lads have done well this year and it's been a good year for the club.
Congratulations to Culloville and all the best to them next year.

the goal culloville got just before half time was a big deciding factor in the game and came at a crucial time as the bridge had dominated the first half without scoring very much. however culloville had plenty of chances in the first half with a few missed frees and other point scoring opportunities which were spurned. overall, the better team won on the day

BenDover

Heard yesterday that Clarke is going back in for an operation in 4weeks, the doctors will be using a bit of his hamstring and putting it in his knee.
Quote from: rolloutking on December 16, 2006, 08:54:19 PM
Where did this news of needing reconstruction of the knee come from.
Lets just say a reliable source lol!

umgolaarmagh

was the reliable source telling you in wollys yesterday moring

is it still 3 for a fiver

BenDover

No wollys for me kid  ;)

P.S. 3 for a fiver is long gone