Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Didnt something happen to a referee, think it ws dessie Henderson in Ballymacnab, he got pushed or punched, a couple of years ago, think they had their field closed for a year, it was club official and not a player that done the damage
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

younggael

this ref never even got punched he got a push on the shoulder and a finger pointed at him.
did ya see mcshane gettin sent off for sunderland and he grabbed the refs hand when he was showing him red, it was on a par with that.

full back

The referee should not be handled in any way. It is hard enough to get referees nowadays & when this happens people try to justify it. ::)

younggael

thats right it was poor discipline but its hard for small clubs like clonmore to get players to play when they are assaulted in full view of the ref, and he fails to protect them!

full back

Quote from: younggael on October 09, 2007, 10:29:38 AM
thats right it was poor discipline but its hard for small clubs like clonmore to get players to play when they are assaulted in full view of the ref, and he fails to protect them!

Thats right....but

Again trying to justify it. Dont get me wrong they can annoy the hell out of you, but to justify handling a ref ???

corn02

Younggael every team has injustices were a player is hit and nothing is done about it. I would imagine it happens every couple of games, it is not a excuse to handle an official no matter how big or small the club may be.

younggael

im not justifying it, i never been sent off in my life, im big into discipline!
surely referees must be up to a certain standard before giving games that affect promotion/relegation.
that referee was give clonmore for 2 games in a row surely this cant be allowed

younggael

Quote from: corn02 on October 09, 2007, 10:39:28 AM
Younggael every team has injustices were a player is hit and nothing is done about it. I would imagine it happens every couple of games, it is not a excuse to handle an official no matter how big or small the club may be.

are you tyring to justify players hitting each other, you either condone violence or you don't!

qub la la la

Quote from: fcuksake on October 07, 2007, 04:07:46 PM
Quote from: qub la la la on October 06, 2007, 06:36:10 PM
cruppen u21s earned a well deserved victory over the harps by 2 points in a hard hitting game. great stuff to watch of a saturday afternoon.

I wouldnt say it was well deserved, 2 minutes of madness in the Harps defence midway through the second half handed victory to Cruppen on a plate.

Have to say, I have never heard such foul mouthed supporters in my life. From the start to finish. Unbelievable, women and all.

I would say it was well deserved. And the two minutes of madness was caused by Mr Clarke's poor tactical knowledge. cruppen pulled a man back and instead of harps playing their spare man in front of the full forward line who were causing havoc when the ball was played out in front of them, the harps defender went and played as an extra forward leaving loads of room for the cruppen attackers.

Maybe if you opened your ears you would hear your own at it too, women and all.

You have to take the chances when provided, harps 2 goals were scrappy, cruppen's three were all pure class. They should have stuffed yous.

illdecide

Quote from: younggael on October 09, 2007, 12:40:25 PM

are you tyring to justify players hitting each other, you either condone violence or you don't!

The ref is there to protect the players but sometimes you get a rap from the other team that the ref misses "thats life, deal with it" If you can't stand up for your self or you can't take a slap in the chaps ask your team mates to help you out.

I have been involved with many a bad decision with ref's but hitting them is out of the question, i would say most of the guys that hit refs are cowards anyway and wouldn't mix it with the big boys. (i did say "most") correct me if i'm wrong on this, but thats the way i see it.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

qub la la la

have to agree with ill decide. laying a hand on an official no matter how bad they are is not on. it only brings on more hassle. County board will be heavy handed with this one!

Hank Everlast

have to agree, the ref needs to be protected. if they feel intimidated then the game is f@%ked!

younggael

Quote from: illdecide on October 09, 2007, 01:17:10 PM
Quote from: younggael on October 09, 2007, 12:40:25 PM

The ref is there to protect the players but sometimes you get a rap from the other team that the ref misses "thats life, deal with it" If you can't stand up for your self or you can't take a slap in the chaps ask your team mates to help you out.

I have been involved with many a bad decision with ref's but hitting them is out of the question, i would say most of the guys that hit refs are cowards anyway and wouldn't mix it with the big boys. (i did say "most") correct me if i'm wrong on this, but thats the way i see it.

im not complainin about taking hits, thats what i signed up for! but i wouldnt mind a bit of fair play the ref couldnt have missed the incident it was 2 yards in front of him! and dont go on about me justifyin anything , i aint it was wrong but that ref was ridiculous!

longball

what will Armaghs county lineup likely to be this year? will Veron be commanding a spot? in which position?
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

full back

FFS younggael,
You keep saying you arent trying to justify it then say "but......
If your man laid his hands on the ref he was wrong. Regardless of what went on before he shouldnt have touched the ref.
If the ref was manhandled everytime he made an incorrect decision or didnt see something there wouldnt be a referee in the county