Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: winsamsoon on September 13, 2007, 02:11:29 PM
I still haven't got an answer as to why the county final cannot be held at Davitt. I am also outraged by the fact that the final is going to be played at a neutral venue this year. My own club had to play Cross last year in Cross so what has changed between then and now?? Could it be that Pearse Ogs can lobby better than our representatives ?? or could it be the new chairman on board.???? This one has me baffled.

I think clanns have every right to be annoyed.  They told everyone last year that no other pitch met the health and safety standards (I would love to know what these are) but now suddenly Keady can hold it???????  :o
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

cross4capital

Quote from: ard mhaca abu on September 11, 2007, 06:18:12 PM
fao cross4capital

QuoteVery good argument crossfire! well put together. The basic fatc is, cruppen had no business being in a championship game with us, they are an average intermediate side, i mean what about paul keenan? how that man is on the county while star footballers like micky macnamee and tony kernan and johnny murtagh are kept out? they should have thrown on his fat brother sure.

im sean keenan..paul's fat brother...if u are so jealous of the fact that paul is a county player paul tell him rather than be a coward and hide behind the name cross4capital....

ur makin a pure dick outta urself nd bc1 nd crossfire have already suggested u to shut up nd stop bein a child..ur an insult to ur club..if ur such a big man name urself like i have done...

cruppen do revolve round more than 1 player as seen on sunday..nd are a big club...with more than my brother and i to insult....u w**ker

Yeah Cruppen are such a good club, its a credit to you camlough folk that you find time to train after spending your days drinking buckfast and breaking into cars! you call me a coward? we didn't shit ourselves last sunday! Cruppen will never be near us again, you don't have the youth setup, your just a crowd of camlough scumbags.

SidelineKick

"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

winsamsoon

Yeah pints that is another one of many reasons why i am annoyed that and the fact that losing last year still hurts like f**k  >:( :D. Lads you can't take anything personal on this board. Sure there are better ways to speak to each other without spouting abuse ( i ain't accussing anyone) but at the end of the day we could sit in a bar and come out with the same stuff and no one would be offended. We all have diferent accounts of games and the goings on. I could be at the same game and because of my bias and what i choose to see could come away with a different story than a guy standing beside me.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

SidelineKick

Quote from: winsamsoon on September 13, 2007, 07:28:22 PM
Yeah pints that is another one of many reasons why i am annoyed that and the fact that losing last year still hurts like f**k  >:( :D. Lads you can't take anything personal on this board. Sure there are better ways to speak to each other without spouting abuse ( i ain't accussing anyone) but at the end of the day we could sit in a bar and come out with the same stuff and no one would be offended. We all have diferent accounts of games and the goings on. I could be at the same game and because of my bias and what i choose to see could come away with a different story than a guy standing beside me.

well said winsamsoon, but there alot of wind up merchants lurking to get the arguments lit and kept lit once going!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Uladh

can the ogs afford a bionic knee at this short of notice?

Armagh CĂșchulainns

Quote from: rolloutking on September 13, 2007, 08:39:30 PM
Word is JP's transfer to the Ogs is through and he is officially a Pearse Ogs player. Availiable for the county final?

roll yourself back in there rolloutking.

Talk about championship standard bullshit.
Its all about the Hurling.

armaghtrue

to hold the county final in davitt park would be a big embarrassment for our county. people come from outside this county to watch this event ie down and tyrone, and for this to be the venue for our showpiece would be a let down. don't get me wrong this ground is capable of being the best in the county but is one of the most run down grounds about in the county. >:( >:( On several occasions i have turned up as the away team and been handed a set of nets to put up ourselves :o (the only ground this has ever happened to us). there isn't even a score board, its the little things that count. unfortunately cross is the only ground that has the all round facilities for this event with the only others coming close would be abbey park and the bridge only for there surfaces to let them down. 

illdecide

Quote from: armaghtrue on September 14, 2007, 03:04:01 AM
to hold the county final in davitt park would be a big embarrassment for our county. people come from outside this county to watch this event ie down and tyrone, and for this to be the venue for our showpiece would be a let down. don't get me wrong this ground is capable of being the best in the county but is one of the most run down grounds about in the county. >:( >:( On several occasions i have turned up as the away team and been handed a set of nets to put up ourselves :o (the only ground this has ever happened to us). there isn't even a score board, its the little things that count. unfortunately cross is the only ground that has the all round facilities for this event with the only others coming close would be abbey park and the bridge only for there surfaces to let them down. 

For senior football you would never have been asked to put the nets up for yourself as they are up from early on Sunday morning so if this ever happened you it prob was with the B-team and yes i admitt on a few occasions with the B-team a few helpers have let us down and i personally have had to put them up when trying to pick a team, but i assure you if you are refeering to senior football your full of sh1t. So wind your neck in, as for the scoreboard issue fine we don't have one and if Crossmaglen's scoreboard ever breaks it will then be unfit for a county final ::).

The county board own Davitt Park and it is they who have neglected it, they refused to invest any money in the place and will not sell it to Clan na Gael so we can invest in the place ourselves. We paid for the ball catchers ourselves and yet again the county board would not even meet us halfways, the groung is not used by anyone from mid or south Armagh just the odd north armagh championship game so why they won't sell it to clan na Gael is beyound me.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

mackers

Pints, I have no wish for us to have an ongoing battle , that's why I tried to have a laugh with you on the Springsteen thread.  it's the incessant use of "lies" and "liar" that I object to. If everybody on the board called people who had different "opinions" to them a liar the board would degenerate into constant slanging matches. Winsamsoon is absolutely correct, different people will have different opinions on games, it's what makes the discussion board.
Of course you're right I have never met you and I don't know you but after reading the majority of your 1683 posts I have a good picture built up in my head!!!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

pintsofguinness

QuotePints, I have no wish for us to have an ongoing battle , that's why I tried to have a laugh with you on the Springsteen thread.  it's the incessant use of "lies" and "liar" that I object to. If everybody on the board called people who had different "opinions" to them a liar the board would degenerate into constant slanging matches. Winsamsoon is absolutely correct, different people will have different opinions on games, it's what makes the discussion board.
You're not offering an opinion when you say there were men in suits fighting on the field. 
I've let go on some of the other claims you've made about that day because, as winsamsoon says, people can have different opinions. 

QuoteOf course you're right I have never met you and I don't know you but after reading the majority of your 1683 posts I have a good picture built up in my head!!!
Oh you're bound to know me then. 

illdecide

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 14, 2007, 01:34:50 PM
QuotePints, I have no wish for us to have an ongoing battle , that's why I tried to have a laugh with you on the Springsteen thread.  it's the incessant use of "lies" and "liar" that I object to. If everybody on the board called people who had different "opinions" to them a liar the board would degenerate into constant slanging matches. Winsamsoon is absolutely correct, different people will have different opinions on games, it's what makes the discussion board.
You're not offering an opinion when you say there were men in suits fighting on the field. 
I've let go on some of the other claims you've made about that day because, as winsamsoon says, people can have different opinions. 

QuoteOf course you're right I have never met you and I don't know you but after reading the majority of your 1683 posts I have a good picture built up in my head!!!
Oh you're bound to know me then. 

would the 2 of you's go away and get a room or fight or do something to resolve this shity issue. It's 1 year old now Jesus H Christ change the record b4 we all f**king get a rope >:(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

pintsofguinness

downtown

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 14, 2007, 01:45:49 PM
f**k off illdecide.

Any1 else wish pints would jus f**k off and leave every1 alone?? im really gettin sick of you ya grumpy old muppet! >:( >:(

winsamsoon

So basically Armagh true you are saying that Daviit couldn't hold a championship final because A) both team would have to put the nets up and B) there is no scoreboard. How pathetic an argument is that. As has been already detailed the pitch is in a perfect location for a county final, the surface is grand and i can guarantee you if there was a county final scheduled for it there would be a scoreboard and i think we have a lot of good members who would assure the nets would be up. I heard a rumour that Keady was named the venue, can you tell me is there anything wrong with this ground??? ie no toilet rolls in the lower bathroom or do you want black men standing in the doorways with soap and towels. For christ sake it is a game of football and it would be a good spectacle for the whole of the couty to spread the final around each year. This is part of the reason why North Armagh club football is in decline because the kids never get to see the county finals or even semi finals on their own doorsteps. Davitt park and even clann Eirean park would be as good a ground as any and the petty issues would be taken care of. Lets share the game around so all the kids can and gaels can have some of the best players in Ireland playing locally.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.