Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 22, 2015, 04:42:17 PM
Quote from: illdecide on September 22, 2015, 03:59:06 PM
I'm looking forward to Sat nite and see how Maghery stand up To Cross, will they crumble or will they show some mettle

Maghery will win,  it's inevitable.  We have injuries and players away and just not at the level yet.  I just hope that the minors come through in the Final so there is something to cheer for this year.

:)...you're some boy!!! where have i seen this before...I suppose it'll be Harps are certs now ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Will this final go the same way as the rest...Cross hit early build up 4-5 pt lead and then tit for tat afterwards and grind out 3-4 pt win. What u reckon BC1 or of course Harps will be certs.

My honest view is Harps will never have a better chance...just have they the goolies for it. Will Aaron Kernan be fit to play?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: illdecide on October 07, 2015, 11:13:46 AM
Will this final go the same way as the rest...Cross hit early build up 4-5 pt lead and then tit for tat afterwards and grind out 3-4 pt win. What u reckon BC1 or of course Harps will be certs.

My honest view is Harps will never have a better chance...just have they the goolies for it. Will Aaron Kernan be fit to play?

Very much 50/50. With AK definitely out we lose an awful lot and along with no Jamie we will struggle. It really could be Harps year.

illdecide

The Irish News today (John Mac) reckons AK will be fit to play? TBH Aaron's a quality player but i still think Cross will have 2-3 pts to spare. I still think Harps will not have a better chance but i don't think they'll take. For the sake of Armagh football (for interest alone) it would be good for a few other teams to sample a Championship

general_lee

Lol @ the crossmaglen spin doctor. I've rarely seen Crossmaglen struggle no matter who or how many they've missing. That's why they are the team they are. Harps have a good midfield and good forwards but it's their defence that I feel they are vulnerable. Even without the piano player cross have a class forward line. Cross by 6

maddog

Does anyone know if county final is available on live streaming?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: maddog on October 10, 2015, 12:34:48 PM

It's on ArmaghTV so you'll be able to get it

maddog

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 10, 2015, 12:59:08 PM
Quote from: maddog on October 10, 2015, 12:34:48 PM

It's on ArmaghTV so you'll be able to get it

Cheers BC, i hope the club and the shambles are still busy come Wednesday. Odds are against that but we live in hope. Up the harps.

stew

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 22, 2015, 04:42:17 PM
Quote from: illdecide on September 22, 2015, 03:59:06 PM
I'm looking forward to Sat nite and see how Maghery stand up To Cross, will they crumble or will they show some mettle

Maghery will win,  it's inevitable.  We have injuries and players away and just not at the level yet.  I just hope that the minors come through in the Final so there is something to cheer for this year.

You have been drinking the Tralee kool aid!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gaffer

Would you Harps men please win that game the marra!!!

Getting fed up every year of Cross this and Cross that

Almost as boring as  Kilkenny winning the Hurling!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Gaffer

It's Cross this and Cross that for another while !
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

armaghniac

Are people in Armagh cross about Cross?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Told u they're finished...BC1 called it too. Prob never hear from that Cross team again ::)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: illdecide on October 12, 2015, 09:38:44 AM
Told u they're finished...BC1 called it too. Prob never hear from that Cross team again ::)

I genuinely didn't see that one coming. I honestly believed that Harps would have learned from last year and that maybe this year their big men would step up and answer the questions that have been asked of them before. There were very few Harps men who can have any credit apart from McElroy, McConville and Mini McShane. I didn't see many weaknesses in us yesterday and I have to say that this years championship was no good to us. We beat 1 team by 17, 1 by 12, 1 by 5, 1 by 3 and the final by 18! I didn't see the Maghery game but I saw the Pearse Ogs game and they were not really 5 points behind us as we were very sluggish and really should have won by 10+ points that day. In the last 5 years we have won the finals by 25 in 2011, 7 in 2012, 9 in 2013, 17 in 2014 and 18 in 2015. It is getting ridiculous at this stage. I remember I was laughed at about 10 years or more ago on the old board when I said we would win the majority of the next 10-15 years. Even I couldn't have imagined it to be so dominant. The scary thing is there were 8 minors on the squad yesterday winning their first medal. There will be at least 2-3 from next years minors who will step up and then there is the this years u14 team coming up who have a great group of young lads.  I don't see where the challenge will come from. Clann Eireann are up and coming but 3-4 years playing and losing in the senior championship will cause a lot of disillusion in them.

Ulster is a big challenge now and I will go to next weeks Antrim final a very interested observer.