Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Spiritof98

Nab 0-5 Ogs 1 bo and 12 Vodkas  ;)
I'll go back if Marsdens back

bennydorano

The 'Nab lost 5 or 6 of last year's Int. winning team to Oz, hence the shocking results for most of the year.  I've heard most of these lads are back and that can only help.  They are in an no lose situation and the Ogs will be complacent - no matter how hard they try not to be.  Still, it's hard to see anything other than a victory for the Orcs.

billy the kid

Still, it's hard to see anything other than a victory for the Orcs.
[/quote]

i know the ogs boys arent a pretty bunch but calling them Orcs is a bit harsh!!! ;)

cant see the B nab getting close myself was talking to a couple not so long ago and when i asked how they thought they would do:
Nabman 1 "We havent a f***ing hope!"

Nabman 2 "We are gonna get f***ing Hammered Boy!"

says it all really and thats not counting the fact they have struggled against intermediate championship teams all year in Div 2

as for the arguement about missing players cause they are travelling.....tough shit

every club has this problem at some stage or another and you get on with it. Your only as good as
the 15 who take the field not the 4 or five who went to see a bit of this rock we call home.

whats your predictions for the monaghan and derry games lads do ulster have a hope???

By the way are any of you armagh men going to see your county team on sat it is an all ireland final and the hurlers first time EVER playing in croker surely they deserv your support!!
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

armagh leg-end

i would love to see armagh hurlers play in croke park for the first time but its on a saturday and of course i have to work. rippin!
Ard Mhacha Abu

winsamsoon

Uladh i fully realise what you are saying and there are elements of truth in your sources. However the coaches that thse clubs have coaching the kids are not the best group of people to be learning the youth. I don't mean to be disrespectful to these people because i know they are the only ones willing to give up their spare time but there are too many parents now getting involved in the coaching setup. These level ones and twos and threes can be obtained by any person who is willing to sit and listen to a bunch of over payed ulster council folk. These people then come away with a certificate and suddenly become th coach of our under 12, 14 and 16 teams. In an ideal world it should be past and present players coaching because at least they have had some experience with the game. However we have a problem with this at our club where the senior team is the be all and end all and there a only a select few willing to give up their time to help out with the youth. I know for a fact that this doesn't happen in other clubs and this is another reason for the demise of the clans.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

MrTaylor

Quote from: billy the kid on August 10, 2007, 02:17:11 PM
Still, it's hard to see anything other than a victory for the Orcs.

By the way are any of you armagh men going to see your county team on sat it is an all ireland final and the hurlers first time EVER playing in croker surely they deserv your support!!
[/quote]

Billy

This is Armagh Senior hurlers third time in Croke Park. Beaten by Roscommon in 1965 in All Ireland Junior Final and hammered Mayo in 1978 (scored 5-12 ) in National League Final.  Paul McCormack's father Jim played for Armagh in 1978 .

Hope Armagh get revenge for that result 42 years ago, in with every chance.

Sidelined

After the hurling, anyone ready to leave Croker at half time of the Dub match, then head on down to Mullingar to watch the Armagh ladies v Tyrone (5.30pm)? Get a convoy going? (Stop humming that convoy song). ???

Sidelined

POG asked define "mad scuffle"?.

Say 40 v 40. Kids, adults swinging punches, pushing, few actual connections. Sort of Lord of the Rings charge and then a quick gettaway.

Shouldn't take away from a cracking game though.

Heard someone say one of the men on duty clipped a young lad, but it would be shame for such allegations to get much breathing space without the facts. No doubt all will be reported in the refs report.

twotwocharlie

refs report   ...............are you serious. it's joe murtagh we're talking about.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: bennydorano on August 10, 2007, 11:14:38 AM
The 'Nab lost 5 or 6 of last year's Int. winning team to Oz, hence the shocking results for most of the year.  I've heard most of these lads are back and that can only help.  They are in an no lose situation and the Ogs will be complacent - no matter how hard they try not to be.  Still, it's hard to see anything other than a victory for the Orcs.
I seem them in the bridge this year and they just didn't want to know, I've rarely seen such a lazy effort from any team. 
Maybe it was a one off or maybe that has something to do with the results. 

Quoteas for the arguement about missing players cause they are travelling.....tough shit
Agree
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

Surely in this age 99percent of clubs would be affected by travelling players.

Donagh

Quote from: Sidelined on August 10, 2007, 07:18:14 PM
After the hurling, anyone ready to leave Croker at half time of the Dub match, then head on down to Mullingar to watch the Armagh ladies v Tyrone (5.30pm)? Get a convoy going? (Stop humming that convoy song). ???

Left after the hurling. Clans still struggling to stay up. Shit season all round...

winsamsoon

I see Donagh is fishing for bites  ;) :D :D :D
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

TacadoirArdMhacha

The All County B final will be off. There was a tragedy in Greece last night which resulted in the death of a young Cullyhanna player. May he rest in peace.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead