Sligo V Clare (16th July 2016)

Started by ck, July 12, 2016, 12:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

Sligo were 2/1 this morning (Clare 1/2). Sligo now 6/4. A few quid going on.
Hard one to call with both teams expecting a win

Lar Naparka

Good luck Sligo, here's hoping you get through to the next round.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

barking mad

2 bald men fighting over a comb comes to mind.

Rossfan

If Shligo win won't that be 3 in a row in the last 12?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

twohands!!!

Quote from: ck on July 12, 2016, 12:00:51 AM

Wouldn't take all that much money to move the market in a game like that.

At 4/6 I'll be backing Clare, Collins has got them playing with a great spirit and they are playing at home.

sligoman2

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 12, 2016, 12:17:31 PM

At 4/6 I'll be backing Clare, Collins has got them playing with a great spirit and they are playing at home.

No they are not playing at home.....
Game is in Markievicz park. 
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

sligoman2

Quote from: barking mad on July 12, 2016, 01:24:27 AM

Another Ross moron has arrived.  I wouldn't be saying too much after the shyte ye played on Sunday lad.

twohands!!!

Quote from: sligoman2 on July 12, 2016, 12:27:26 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on July 12, 2016, 12:17:31 PM

No they are not playing at home.....
Game is in Markievicz park.

Feckit anyway. Wasn't exactly huge stakes at least.

Still think Clare are going well - showed good spirit in the league final (which I saw), didn't throw the towel in against Kerry in Killarney even though Kerry had 2 goals in the first few minutes, scored the last 5 points to beat Laois - they're not world-beaters but they seem to have a positive attitude which can go a long way.

thebuzz

Quote from: sligoman2 on July 12, 2016, 12:29:34 PM
Quote from: barking mad on July 12, 2016, 01:24:27 AM

Another Ross moron has arrived.  I wouldn't be saying too much after the shyte ye played on Sunday lad.

Very insulting line. We're all behind Dublin and Kerry and we have to enjoy every day out the best we can.

barking mad

See who trolled the Joe brolly thread to get a dig at us they give it, they got to be able take it.
My own personal belief as with the person who started this thread against our match, if this one was in back garden ild close the blinds till it was over.

sligoman2

And now on to the match.  Clare deserve to be favourites as they are Div 3 champions and gave Kerry a good match earlier.  I think home advantage is huge, we have played Clare away the last 2 times in Div 3 and lost both times.  For us to win we have to break even at midfield.  We concede way too many scores so or backs need to tighten up without getting good possession in the middle we will struggle.  Clare have good midfielders, I believe Gary Brennan's father is from curry?
I'm very happy to be underdogs as we always play better with that tag.

I wouldn't rule out a draw with Sligo winning by a point in overtime....

T Fearon

Is this not Westlife V Sharon Shannon?

ck

Quote from: sligoman2 on July 13, 2016, 09:52:10 AM
And now on to the match.  Clare deserve to be favourites as they are Div 3 champions and gave Kerry a good match earlier.  I think home advantage is huge, we have played Clare away the last 2 times in Div 3 and lost both times.  For us to win we have to break even at midfield.  We concede way too many scores so or backs need to tighten up without getting good possession in the middle we will struggle.  Clare have good midfielders, I believe Gary Brennan's father is from curry?
I'm very happy to be underdogs as we always play better with that tag.

I wouldn't rule out a draw with Sligo winning by a point in overtime....

Agree with that. Clare were impressive against Kildare in div 3 final and have been since, they deserve to be favs. Should be good game, really looking forward to it

Unlaoised

Laois really should have beaten Clare they were the better team for 60 minutes and they 5 changes weaked the team plus we missed 5 scorable frees in the last quarter.I was very dissapointed with the Clare team who I was after hearing good things about.

Its not sour grapes I wish them the best but I think Sligo could edge this unless Clare improve dramatically.
LAOIS ABÚ

Syferus

Clare probably a better team than Sligo. If Sligo lose they might get rid of Yahoo Carrew..