Sligo V Clare (16th July 2016)

Started by ck, July 12, 2016, 12:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayop

Herself wants me to take the wee fella into this on Saturday, but with the Ulster final to go to Sunday I'm not sure I could be driving in to the Park. Home advantage should see Sligo though.

Cunny Funt

Pat Hughes didn't play against Leitrim will he return for this game? Clare put a lot effort into gaining promotion and winning a league title their laboured performance against Laois would suggest they have already peaked for the year. Home tie v Clare and probably Tipp in round 4 this is a great opportunity for Sligo to reach All Ireland quarter final.

sligoman2

I beard Hughes trained this week so hopefully he will be available
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Jayop

Do Clare have any big man in the inside forwards? If they do then you'd imagine just bombing ball in would be the tactic and try to nab a few goals.

Syferus

No need to bomb ball in when you have good ball players like Clare have. Sligo have serious fitness problems and looked terribly gassed in the second half of the Connacht SF.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mano

Quote from: Syferus on July 14, 2016, 10:58:48 PM
No need to bomb ball in when you have good ball players like Clare have. Sligo have serious fitness problems and looked terribly gassed in the second half of the Connacht SF.
Don't think it was lack of fitness. The main difference was Roscommon were able to call on some excellent substitues (the 2 Smiths, Collins) whereas Sligo options are very limited - mostly untried youngsters who are not at senior level. Two of those subs were used before halftime to replace Marren, Harrison.

barking mad

If Hughes plays Sligo will win cause they can put up a big score with him
If he doesn't they are about a 1-13 team which will make it close.

joemamas

Quote from: barking mad on July 15, 2016, 02:08:06 PM

Could not agree more, doubt if they will score that much if he is not on.
Only saw a bit of Clare this year V Kildare. It has been a long season for them all right. You would figure they will put up a decent score, as I believe they scored 0-17 V Kerry.
I hope Sligo win.

Rossfan

Quote from: joemamas on July 15, 2016, 02:38:35 PM

I hope Sligo win.
Be great to have 3 Connacht teams in the last 12 :D
And sure Kildare mightn't win in Castlebar.........
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ck

Quote from: barking mad on July 15, 2016, 02:08:06 PM

Yeah fair points. In saying that I think 1-13 could win this game

LilySavage

Fancy Sligo at home. They also beat Kildare in the league.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Syferus on July 14, 2016, 10:58:48 PM

Gary Brennan is a serious option as a big man around the square if they want to use that as an option.

larryin89

Sligo 0-8 clare 1-3 . Sligo wre 7 -3 up till the clare goal.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

sligoman2

According to the commentators Clare have got a lot of easy frees.  They only scored one point from play in the first half.  Penalty for Clare leaves the score sligo 9 points Clare 1-4.   Clare have the wind in the second half so we have it all to do.

Black card for podge Collins for a foot trip.  Free tally 15 to 7 in favour of Clare
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.