Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Surely if Pep doesnt win the CL at Bayern this year his time there will be deemed a failure - in light of Dortmunds dip and the relative poor standard of the Bundesliga.

NAG1

Quote from: laoislad on February 01, 2016, 01:47:12 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 01, 2016, 01:39:04 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 01, 2016, 01:17:48 PM
Guardiola to City  . . . United look to be relegated to noisy neighbours for the foreseeable future!!!!

This is old news, he was always heading to City.

Goes back to my question then who is going to replace LVG, do they give it to Giggs and say have a go because there are no major candidates available?
They would be silly not to go for Jose.
I hope they don't as I fear he would be a fantastic success at United.
Hold onto LVG would be my advice!

The hierarchy of the club dont seem too keen on Jose for one reason or another.

MM is right he isnt coming into anything like the teams he had at Barca or Bayern and even buying this will take a bit of time. I think Klopp even has found out that coming with an idea of a system isnt always a guarantee of success. Longer term Klopp might be but I would say Pep will have paid attention to this.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on February 01, 2016, 02:03:00 PM
Guardiola to City  . . . United look to be relegated to noisy neighbours for the foreseeable future!!!!

Goes back to my question then who is going to replace LVG, do they give it to Giggs and say have a go because there are no major candidates available?

MM is right he isnt coming into anything like the teams he had at Barca or Bayern and even buying this will take a bit of time. I think Klopp even has found out that coming with an idea of a system isnt always a guarantee of success. Longer term Klopp might be but I would say Pep will have paid attention to this.

There's been quite a few reports recently that Fergie has very little sway with the Glazers these days and completely trust Woodward  on everything. If LVG is sacked then I'm expecting Mourinho to come in, I just don't see why he wouldn't go for Mourinho as its likely Fergie & Gill who would be against his appointment previously. A defeat tomorrow and there has to be a strong chance LVG would go although given the way we're playing the next defeat is only a few games away. Woodward seems intent on keeping LVG until any chance of top 4 has gone which is ridiculous.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 01, 2016, 02:23:06 PM

There's been quite a few reports recently that Fergie has very little sway with the Glazers these days and completely trust Woodward  on everything. If LVG is sacked then I'm expecting Mourinho to come in, I just don't see why he wouldn't go for Mourinho as its likely Fergie & Gill who would be against his appointment previously. A defeat tomorrow and there has to be a strong chance LVG would go although given the way we're playing the next defeat is only a few games away. Woodward seems intent on keeping LVG until any chance of top 4 has gone which is ridiculous.

Yeah there definitely seems to be a case of stand by your man by Woodward at all costs, and not that I have any real sympathy toward him but no candidate bar Maureen is standing out. If there are another couple of defeats in the next month or so LVG will go and Giggs will manage to the end of the season, LVG will be doing well to see the summer regardless.

sensethetone

Quote from: NAG1 on February 01, 2016, 02:48:56 PM

Yeah there definitely seems to be a case of stand by your man by Woodward at all costs, and not that I have any real sympathy toward him but no candidate bar Maureen is standing out. If there are another couple of defeats in the next month or so LVG will go and Giggs will manage to the end of the season, LVG will be doing well to see the summer regardless.

If Mourinho was to come to UTD who would he keep and sell?

GJL

Quote from: sensethetone on February 01, 2016, 03:17:54 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 01, 2016, 02:48:56 PM

If Mourinho was to come to UTD who would he keep and sell?

I would guess it would spell the end for Mata.

seafoid

Pep is going to city. If someone had said 10 years ago that the world's greatest manager would choose blue Manchester over Red he would have been sectioned.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Canalman

Watched  alot of 1st and all of 2nd half of cup game . Have to say I thought MU played very well. Attractive to watch as well. Only a div 2 (or whatever they are calling it now)  team they were playing I suppose.

Derby right back had a hard time to say the least.

snoopdog

Quote from: seafoid on February 01, 2016, 04:03:01 PM
Pep is going to city. If someone had said 10 years ago that the world's greatest manager would choose blue Manchester over Red he would have been sectioned.

World's greatest manager??  Inherited a Barca team with Messi and all the other superstars.  Took over a Munich team who were European champions. Hardly the toughest of jobs. 
Yes a good manager. But world's greatest?  Very debatable. Time will tell

NAG1

Quote from: Canalman on February 01, 2016, 04:18:03 PM
Watched  alot of 1st and all of 2nd half of cup game . Have to say I thought MU played very well. Attractive to watch as well. Only a div 2 (or whatever they are calling it now)  team they were playing I suppose.

Derby right back had a hard time to say the least.

As far as I see it a lot of the games have followed a similar pattern this season. The team start brightly have a bit of pace and sharpness too their passing but when that break through goal doesnt come the team seem to lose focus and impetus. The passing then becomes slow square and laborious.

Martial improves his touch and he could have had a stack more goals already in a team that hasnt much go forward.

Milltown Row2

If someone told me 26 years ago that Liverpool would become a mid table team...........
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

annapr

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 01, 2016, 06:48:56 PM

If someone told me 26 years ago that Liverpool would become a mid table team...........
What's Liverpool got to do with what seafoid posted
Obsessed  ;D

heganboy

current next united manager odds (from Paddy Power)

J Mourinho 1.80      R Koeman 41.00           E Howe 101.00
R Giggs 4.00           D Deschamps 41.00      F Rijkaard 151.00
M Pellegrini 11.00    B Rodgers 51.00           S McClaren 151.00
F Capello 17.00       L Enrique 67.00            OG Solskjaer 151.00
L Blanc 17.00          R Martinez 67.00          T Pulis 151.00
D Simeone 17.00     C Ranieri 67.00            R Ferdinand 151.00
M Pochettino 17.00  M Bielsa 101.00            D Beckham 201.00
A Conte 21.00         P Guardiola 101.00       A Wenger 251.00
A Ferguson 21.00    F De Boer 101.00          G Poyet 501.00
M Allegri 21.00       J Klopp 101.00              T Sherwood 501.00
M Hughes 21.00     Roy Keane 101.00          C Hughton 501.00
G Neville 26.00      H Redknapp 101.00        N Lennon 501.00
A Sabella 34.00      C Ancelotti 101.00
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Boycey

Does a wee bell go on annapr's phone every time Milltown posts???

Personally I think he's obsessed with Milltown being obsessed about Liverpool.. strange set-up

Boycey

Quote from: heganboy on February 01, 2016, 07:31:44 PM
current next united manager odds (from Paddy Power)

J Mourinho 1.80      R Koeman 41.00           E Howe 101.00
R Giggs 4.00           D Deschamps 41.00      F Rijkaard 151.00
M Pellegrini 11.00    B Rodgers 51.00           S McClaren 151.00
F Capello 17.00       L Enrique 67.00            OG Solskjaer 151.00
L Blanc 17.00          R Martinez 67.00          T Pulis 151.00
D Simeone 17.00     C Ranieri 67.00            R Ferdinand 151.00
M Pochettino 17.00  M Bielsa 101.00            D Beckham 201.00
A Conte 21.00         P Guardiola 101.00       A Wenger 251.00
A Ferguson 21.00    F De Boer 101.00          G Poyet 501.00
M Allegri 21.00       J Klopp 101.00              T Sherwood 501.00
M Hughes 21.00     Roy Keane 101.00          C Hughton 501.00
G Neville 26.00      H Redknapp 101.00        N Lennon 501.00
A Sabella 34.00      C Ancelotti 101.00

Pellegrini 10/1 :-)

When you see the list in front of you its hard to see how they won't give the job to Mourinho.... I'm sad to say :-(