The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: J70 on January 28, 2016, 11:12:10 PM
And yet another fail for the right wing with the Planned Parenthood foetal body parts "controversy".

Texas, of all places, came up with only criminal charges for the makers of the videos! Planned Parenthood cleared of wrongdoing... again!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/01/28/texas-da-i-m-pro-life-but-the-law-is-the-law.html

These charges and the murders at the clinic in Colorado are about the only concrete results of this fraudulent video campaign.

Indeed. But I expect the anti-abortionist-in-chief Carly Fiorina to keep on perpetuating this lie that PP was selling body parts. The conservative mind and conservative movement is a fact-free zone. Off they go in their little parallel universe.

Gmac

felony charges for fake id I've heard it all now

heganboy

Quote from: Gmac on January 29, 2016, 03:40:05 AM
Well, that and attempting to buy human tissue.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on January 29, 2016, 05:32:20 AM

That's like charging an underage drnker on a sting operation for trying to buy a six pak

Gmac

the ones willing to sell are fine ? Or was there a sting operation on the attempted sting

heganboy

Quote from: whitey on January 29, 2016, 05:46:49 AM

That's like charging an underage drnker on a sting operation for trying to buy a six pak

Whitey, im just going to go ahead and take this rare opportunity to completely agree with you.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on January 29, 2016, 02:47:27 PM
the ones willing to sell are fine ? Or was there a sting operation on the attempted sting

No one was willing to sell. The whole operation was a "sting", as you say, to get them to admit that. It failed. The tissue is donated for research and costs recouped. All legal.

One can argue that NO such tissue should be donated and that it SHOULD be illegal. That is fine if that's your opinion.

However, its beside the point. The attempt here was to show that PP was selling embryonic and foetal tissue at a profit, which is illegal. Mutiple congressional and state level investigations to date, all driven by the GOP, have revealed nothing of the sort.

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 29, 2016, 05:46:49 AM

Maybe, but a legitimate sting operation will eventually fold it's tents and end the operation when there is nothing incriminating being uncovered, not just go ahead anyway and try to illegitimately ruin the personal reputations of employees and PP and make slanderous accusations of criminality.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on January 30, 2016, 10:22:08 AM

No one was willing to sell. The whole operation was a "sting", as you say, to get them to admit that. It failed. The tissue is donated for research and costs recouped. All legal.

One can argue that NO such tissue should be donated and that it SHOULD be illegal. That is fine if that's your opinion.

However, its beside the point. The attempt here was to show that PP was selling embryonic and foetal tissue at a profit, which is illegal. Mutiple congressional and state level investigations to date, all driven by the GOP, have revealed nothing of the sort.
donations for tissue which have no $ limits and they do not have to declare on tax forms what they received for said tissue a situation where the highest bidder would win ? Why all the secrecy if everything is above board

J70

Quote from: Gmac on January 30, 2016, 04:14:43 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 30, 2016, 10:22:08 AM

donations for tissue which have no $ limits and they do not have to declare on tax forms what they received for said tissue a situation where the highest bidder would win ? Why all the secrecy if everything is above board

Is there evidence that bidding wars occur, that labs are pitted against each other?

In fact, is there ANY evidence at all that anything illegal is taking place?

Eamonnca1

Antonin Scalia, the hateful, bigoted, racist, misogynist glutton of the Supreme Court, is finally on his way underground to the hell he so richly deserves. Now that the horrible sh1t of a man is gone, the stage is now set for the biggest conservative meltdown in living memory.

The President has a constitutional right to appoint a replacement, now watch as the conservative idiots in the senate try to argue that he does not, despite what the constitution says in black and white. Watch as they try to block his replacement. Watch as they try to run out the clock. The longest it has taken to appoint anyone to the court has been about 120 days. Obama has over 300 left in his term.

If they succeed, it will cause even more damage to the Republican brand right slap bang in the middle of a presidential election. President Hillary will then probably appoint Obama to the court.

If they don't, Obama will appoint a left-of-centre justice.

Either way, this is another nail in the coffin of the hateful ideology of fascism that has overtaken the GOP. The political pendulum in America is already on its way back to the left, this only confirms it. And it's about bloody time.

dec

The Republicans have already said that they will block any nomination this year.

heganboy

dec

Quote from: heganboy on February 14, 2016, 12:49:46 AM
Not that simple Dec

They have a majority in the Senate and on the Judiciary commitee. They certainly have the tools available to them if they want to block it. McConnell , the Senate majority leader is aleady saying that they should wait a year before replacing him.

heganboy

Not to mention the republican candidates. About a 64% likelihood of a democrat president next time around. obama could actually end up with 2 nominations. Or Hilary could. Go ahead Republicans, your call...