The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: heganboy on February 01, 2016, 05:58:44 PM

Quote from: thewobbler on February 01, 2016, 05:43:42 PM
But if anything approaching a world class "brand" player is willing to come to the EPL, then his agent is going to knock on Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal first.

Agreed on that- however if LFC make the right bid there for that calibre of player- for those 2/3 then the game changes with Klopp.

Not sure that Arsenal or United currently have that wow factor any more than marginally ahead of Liverpool, and Chelsea is a wait and see model too. MCFC have just made a massive move...

edit- and MCFC just announced 150M quid available to Pep.

also see Cheryshev went to Valencia- great move by Neville- he would have been a great acquisition for most PL teams- not Liverpool though
With the calibre of player Pep will be after £150million might only buy him two or three players.  It would be 3 Sterling's for example.
We should offer them £10mill to take Sterling back!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 02, 2016, 10:35:33 AM
I think Lucas has been grand. But I maintain he makes too many silly fouls in and around the box, and his passing is very limited and erratic. He should be a squad player, and someone who does a job for you when you are under pressure.

I like him, and I think he's been a great trier, but he's not the quality you need to really push on.

All true.

But in the absence of a realistic option...

heganboy

Quote from: sambostar on February 02, 2016, 11:00:25 AM

So you don't consider Sanchez a success?? He's just back from 10 games out injured yet still has double-figures in terms of goals for the season. Himself & Ozil hopefully now leading Arsenal on a title-push, something that's a pipe-dream for Liverpool
Sanchez has been great, like Coutinho. However i used the term unqualified success. Ozil is another class for Arsenal  (at the moment) maybe coutinho and sanchez can make that last step up, heres hoping, 2 great players.
Di Maria was the other example i gave and he is now flying at PSG.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Boycey

Quote from: laoislad on February 02, 2016, 01:19:16 PM
Quote from: heganboy on February 01, 2016, 05:58:44 PM

Quote from: thewobbler on February 01, 2016, 05:43:42 PM
But if anything approaching a world class "brand" player is willing to come to the EPL, then his agent is going to knock on Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal first.

Agreed on that- however if LFC make the right bid there for that calibre of player- for those 2/3 then the game changes with Klopp.

Not sure that Arsenal or United currently have that wow factor any more than marginally ahead of Liverpool, and Chelsea is a wait and see model too. MCFC have just made a massive move...

edit- and MCFC just announced 150M quid available to Pep.

also see Cheryshev went to Valencia- great move by Neville- he would have been a great acquisition for most PL teams- not Liverpool though
With the calibre of player Pep will be after £150million might only buy him two or three players.  It would be 3 Sterling's for example.
We should offer them £10mill to take Sterling back!

It might buy him f**k all, the transfer market is going to go nuts this summer. Look at yesterday Stoke paid nearly £20m for one player and several clubs were willing to go to £25m for Berahino and West Brom didn't even sell....

Walter Cronc

Comparing Coutinho to Sanchez. Are you wise!!

Ozil class at the moment? He's been class since returning from that injury last season.

heganboy

Yup, i would say they are quite similar. Sanchez has support from a significantly better team. Both have potential to be superstars and are just about on the cusp of that now. Sanchez has more under his belt at this point though and that would be reflected in transfer value.  Ozil had a rough start to his Arsenal days but has gone from strength to strength since then. Di Maria had an awful start at Man U, but his displays in France are fantastic. Coutinho could be playing in sky blue come August.

And when you get old at the moment becomes a lengthier period of time...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

mikehunt

I think Lucas has been grand. But I maintain he makes too many silly fouls in and around the box, and his passing is very limited and erratic. He should be a squad player, and someone who does a job for you when you are under pressure.

I like him, and I think he's been a great trier, but he's not the quality you need to really push on.

Lucas being one of the better performers shows how much Liverpool have fallen since Rafa left. Lucas was a squad player in his prime. Gerrard, Alonso Momo and Masch.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: mikehunt on February 02, 2016, 04:28:47 PM

Lucas being one of the better performers shows how much Liverpool have fallen since Rafa left. Lucas was a squad player in his prime. Gerrard, Alonso Momo and Masch.

Lucas was just turned 23 when Rafa left, 2 years younger than Momo and Masch, 5 years younger than Alonso and 6 younger than SG. This was one of the best MFs in the world at the time and the fact that Lucas didn't break into it is no indictment of him at the time. He is playing well but still has too many cheap fouls close to the goals. Given our issues from set pieces that is a problem but other people also contribute to this problem.

gawa316

Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Henderson, Lucas, Lallana, Milner, Firmino.

substitutes: Ward, Toure, Benteke, Allen, Ibe, Flanagan, Teixeira.

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on February 02, 2016, 06:54:54 PM
Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Henderson, Lucas, Lallana, Milner, Firmino.

substitutes: Ward, Toure, Benteke, Allen, Ibe, Flanagan, Teixeira.
Can only see a Leicester win I'm afraid.

laoislad

Say what ye like about Mignolet but he's made two top drawer saves tonight to keep Leicester scoreless so far.

laoislad

Spoke too soon, caught badly off his line there.
Fantastic finish from Vardy  though in fairness.

AZOffaly

Klopp might resign out of frustration !

At this rate we might need a an Arab billionaire or something..

JoG2

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 02, 2016, 09:30:34 PM
Klopp might resign out of frustration !

At this rate we might need a an Arab billionaire or something..

I'd say he's looking forward to giving most of those watery hooers the p45

laoislad

On tonight's showing I wouldn't be sorry to see any of that starting XI sold in the summer.
The young fellas showed way more fight and will to win in the cup on Saturday than any of the so called first teamers tonight.
The difference between them and Leicester was like night and day.