One Million Pound Drop

Started by RealSpiritof98, May 24, 2010, 11:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealSpiritof98

Did anyone see this tonight, had some bloody dummies on tonight, still had 1/2 million after 7 questions online although it would be some pressure with the doh on the line. some questions hard enough, but some easy ones too. 

Overthebar!

last nights was better. felt abit sorry for that annoying couple. you would be ripping losing half a million like that!

Norf Tyrone

It's actually quite a good show. Some pressure last night.

1/2 million on a 50/50 guess!!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

BenDover

unreal i'd say her husband is not happy with her today! split the money down the middle and walk home a winner if your not entirely sure of the answer

Maiden1

Quote from: BenDover on May 27, 2010, 12:18:56 PM
unreal i'd say her husband is not happy with her today! split the money down the middle and walk home a winner if your not entirely sure of the answer

I thought that too but the rules of the game are you have to always leave 1 box free, so in that last question with only 2 boxes you have to just pick one box.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

delboy

You can't split it on the last question its all or nothing.

I watched it but to be honest i don't think i'll bother anymore, so far nobody has left with a single penny (can't see it happening anytime soon) and for that couple to lose 525000 on a stupid question like that was just gut wrenching, feel good telly it is not.

Also is it legal for shows like this to cherry pick the contestants on the basis of age, its clear that you have to be 30 ish or under to get a look in.

Maguire01

Watched it for two nights but missed last night. It has novelty value, simple as that - Who wants to be... and Deal or no deal were the same when they came out. They all have a limited shelf life. With Davina presenting, this could be more limited than most. She's a headwrecker.

delboy

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 27, 2010, 01:39:23 PM
Watched it for two nights but missed last night. It has novelty value, simple as that - Who wants to be... and Deal or no deal were the same when they came out. They all have a limited shelf life. With Davina presenting, this could be more limited than most. She's a headwrecker.

Millionaire is over 10 years old and deal is about 5 years old, i can't see million pound drop having even a fraction of that longevity and as you say davina doesn't help its cause at all.

DirtyDozen12

LOL, i said the exacy same, was calling her all the stupdi bitches of the day, didnt realise that you have to leave one box free  :-[
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

RealSpiritof98

Bloody horrible question for the winner, I think ofcom have received hundreds of complaints as the 2 weddings were so close, 81 and 82 and who the f**k knows when Ozzie Osbourne got married, was gutted for them to be serious. It has been addictive viewing though, although the wife has told be to shut a few times because of my obvious dislike of Davina, she seems intent on telling them what to do i.e hedging bets, choosing category etc.

tyrone girl

Oh feck i could have cried for them pair last night - Gutting was not even the word. Id rather lose all early on and say to myself i wouldnt have got close anyway rather than gettin like last night with 525,000 in your grasp. In saying that though she was a dick - did u see the daggers she was giving the man when he guessed an answer - u could be sure she wud have killed him had it been his guess and not hers.

The Worker

its for one week only kids.

I've heard there is an northern irish couple on saturdays show

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: The Worker on May 27, 2010, 05:35:59 PM
its for one week only kids.

I've heard there is an northern irish couple on saturdays show

Holy f**k Fearon and the missus!!!!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Maguire01

A few very short games tonight.

paco

Any links for the show? Haven't seen it before, but a lot of people are talking about it and would like to see what the fuss is about.