oh no, what have I done!!!

Started by RealSpiritof98, January 03, 2010, 12:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealSpiritof98

Right that time of year has come again for Spiritof98.

Time for the gym, trying something different this year.  Over the Christmas period I have promised a certain person That I will run the London Marathon in 2011, I know this sounds like plenty of time but those members lucky enough to know my good self will agree that time is needed.

I am signing up with educogym in Armagh, and will let everyone know the charity i will be training for soon enough.

All advice will be welcome.

The big weigh in is tomorrow so I'll post the starting weight then and let everyone know the craic every week.

flantheman82

That's not a bad idea actually for those of us trying to shift a bit of weight.
A kind of gaaboard weight watchers if you like.
I'm currently at the heaviest weight I have ever been and need to do something badly.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on January 03, 2010, 12:54:46 PM
Right that time of year has come again for Spiritof98.

Time for the gym, trying something different this year.  Over the Christmas period I have promised a certain person That I will run the London Marathon in 2011, I know this sounds like plenty of time but those members lucky enough to know my good self will agree that time is needed.

I am signing up with educogym in Armagh, and will let everyone know the charity i will be training for soon enough.

All advice will be welcome.

The big weigh in is tomorrow so I'll post the starting weight then and let everyone know the craic every week.
fake a sprained ankle
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Trevor Hill

Gyms are full of what I call "tourists" at this time of year. Thankfully they`ll all be gone by March. They just take up space that the rest of us could be using.
IF you are serious about getting fit I would avoid the likes of educogym. It is a con. They are out for your money. They will try to sell you vitamin supplements and other crap associated with Tony Quinn. Quinn is a con man. End of. You`ll be attending seminars in Barbados and selling your Granny to do so before you know it.
Join a local well established gym and get some personal training, if you are serious about it you will stick at it.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Trevor Hill on January 03, 2010, 02:00:35 PM
Gyms are full of what I call "tourists" at this time of year. Thankfully they`ll all be gone by March. They just take up space that the rest of us could be using.
IF you are serious about getting fit I would avoid the likes of educogym. It is a con. They are out for your money. They will try to sell you vitamin supplements and other crap associated with Tony Quinn. Quinn is a con man. End of. You`ll be attending seminars in Barbados and selling your Granny to do so before you know it.
Join a local well established gym and get some personal training, if you are serious about it you will stick at it.
how dare they  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Maguire01

Forget about the gym. Go for a walk. Buy a bike. You don't need to spend £30/month.

AFS

If you're planning to run a marathon, Educo Gym wouldn't be the most ideal place to train. They don't seem big on cardio.

Hardy

Quote from: Trevor Hill on January 03, 2010, 02:00:35 PM

To follow up on this - anyone tempted to buy, subscribe to or invest in any of the many services, products, treatments, etc. promoted by Tony Quinn would do well to Google "Tony Quinn cult" and draw their own conclusions.

J70

Its not rocket science lads. Cut out the crisps and the sweets and the fry-ups. Eat plenty of salad and fruit. Get a bit of exercise. The weight will come off.

screenexile

Quote from: J70 on January 03, 2010, 03:58:47 PM
Its not rocket science lads. Cut out the crisps and the sweets and the fry-ups. Eat plenty of salad and fruit. Get a bit of exercise. The weight will come off.

Totally agree I lost 2 stone last year without doing anything radical. The main thing for me was cutting down portions of food that I ate. Instead of horsing a load of dinner until I was full I would just eat a normal serving and then maybe have a sandwich/bowl of cereal in the evening then if I was still a bit peckish.

Minder

As a few have said there is no mystery, cut out the crap and do some exercise. Even brisk walking will lead to considerable weight loss. If the diet is right you will be grand.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hardy

Quote from: J70 on January 03, 2010, 03:58:47 PM

Correct. It's not rocket science, but simple nutritional science. The only way to lose weight is to consume less energy than you use, by either eating less or using more energy or both, so that the body must resort to burning excess fat to provide the energy deficit. Hunger is the feeling of the body consuming fat instead of food. If you don't feel hungry, you're not losing weight.

I found this a simple but effective way to understand what's going on with food, energy (calories) and exercise and how to lose weight an/or avoid getting overweight. Well, too overweight, in my case.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on January 03, 2010, 04:05:30 PM
As a few have said there is no mystery, cut out the crap and do some exercise. Even brisk walking will lead to considerable weight loss. If the diet is right you will be grand.
You're good on theory Minder...

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 03, 2010, 04:13:26 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 03, 2010, 04:05:30 PM
You're good on theory Minder...

Go f**k yourself
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hardy