Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2022, 12:00:24 AM
Quote from: red hander on June 12, 2022, 11:54:55 PM
You lost me at Gerry Armstrong. You were doing so well, too.

Gerry played for the Johnnies in Belfast, few championships too no doubt on a very good club team..

Also won an All Ireland Hurling Vocational Schools

Orior

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on June 13, 2022, 09:01:28 AM

Gerry played for the Johnnies in Belfast, few championships too no doubt on a very good club team..

And to be fair, he has deleted hurling and gaelic football entirely from his memory.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on June 13, 2022, 12:32:11 PM

And to be fair, he has deleted hurling and gaelic football entirely from his memory.

Since when? there was a doc on not so long ago and he was up at Corrigan talking with old team mates, so unless he's had some onset of something lately I doubt it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Gd man MR2. Not often im on yer side so get stuck intill the bassas 😃

seafoid

Meanwhile according to the Beltel the OWC team still hasn't won a game in the Nations League. Things have changed a lot since the heyday of BB.
Another weakness of the Union-the EPL opened up globally and reduced the Premiership's availability to Unionist soccer players. In addition, the London Govt starved the UK's regions including the 6C of investment over 40 years. The Taigs in the South are richer. BB's world has disappeared. RIP

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on June 13, 2022, 01:27:33 PM
Meanwhile according to the Beltel the OWC team still hasn't won a game in the Nations League. Things have changed a lot since the heyday of BB.
Another weakness of the Union-the EPL opened up globally and reduced the Premiership's availability to Unionist soccer players. In addition, the London Govt starved the UK's regions including the 6C of investment over 40 years. The Taigs in the South are richer. BB's world has disappeared. RIP

That gave me a sore head reading that ....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2022, 12:43:21 PM

Since when? there was a doc on not so long ago and he was up at Corrigan talking with old team mates, so unless he's had some onset of something lately I doubt it

One documentary in which he was forced to visit a gaelic pitch. Otherwise, how often has he talked about football or hurling or even attended a gaelic match?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on June 13, 2022, 01:40:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2022, 12:43:21 PM

One documentary in which he was forced to visit a gaelic pitch. Otherwise, how often has he talked about football or hurling or even attended a gaelic match?

He was also standing and I didn't see any gun to his head forcing him to be there.. How many documentaries do you have to do? 4 5 maybe?

So from being deleted from his memory to actually talking about it a few years ago, I don't know what you are looking?

Just sit this one out

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on June 13, 2022, 12:13:47 AM
Off topic but I'm not sure why any nationalist should play for the north now anyway.

Agreed or take MBE-Paddy Barnes wee toad

Bord na Mona man

Here is a clip of Bingham before that notorious game in Belfast.
If I remember correctly he was doing the same style of 'orchestra conducting' when Jimmy Quinn put OWC in the lead.
https://twitter.com/KillianM2/status/1535274614452011009

He was hugely motivated to stop the Republic from qualifying for the '94 world cup, and he let his judgement slip in cajoling that particular crowd to be the 12th man for them.

Orior

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2022, 01:43:17 PM
He was also standing and I didn't see any gun to his head forcing him to be there.. How many documentaries do you have to do? 4 5 maybe?

So from being deleted from his memory to actually talking about it a few years ago, I don't know what you are looking?

Just sit this one out

Good retort from OWC's number one fan.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on June 13, 2022, 02:16:36 PM
If I remember correctly he was doing the same style of 'orchestra conducting' when Jimmy Quinn put OWC in the lead.

He was hugely motivated to stop the Republic from qualifying for the '94 world cup, and he let his judgement slip in cajoling that particular crowd to be the 12th man for them.

Am I missing something here? Manager of one team wants to win or stop the other team from winning? His last game at Windsor as well. but he's bigot.

keep her low this half

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 13, 2022, 01:55:01 PM
Quote from: marty34 on June 13, 2022, 12:13:47 AM
Off topic but I'm not sure why any nationalist should play for the north now anyway.

Agreed or take MBE-Paddy Barnes wee toad
Taking a MBE is way worse than representing NI at Sport. Glorifying the British Empire, disgusting

imtommygunn

He did not cover himself in glory in that match. That's not a stupid opinion. When you're geeing up a crowd who are celebrating sectarian murders then questions have to be asked. I don't understand how you deem that to be stupid.

Maybe it was purely because he viewed the Irish players as mercenaries I don't know but I wasn't that old at that time and even at that I will never forget the sectarianness of that game and the way he was conducting himself. If it was purely non sectarian then he didn't read the crowd very well at all  ???

trailer

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on June 13, 2022, 02:16:36 PM

Is there much difference in Mick Byrne saying "We'll do them for ye's today" in Stuttgart 88?
I think it was Bingham's last game in charge and he wanted to go out with a win, which is entirely understandable unless you think NI should've thrown the match?
But I agree there was a dark cloud over that particular game given the security situation at the time which is also true of 1988.