NFL Division 1 - 2020

Started by thejuice, January 07, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: ballinaman on March 10, 2020, 04:44:34 PM
Can't see the last round of the league taking place.
It's looking less likely alright.

APM

Would they not just play behind closed doors?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: APM on March 10, 2020, 06:18:07 PM

I can't see why they wouldn't.

macdanger2

Quote from: APM on March 10, 2020, 06:18:07 PM

You'd imagine they would, it's an awful mess otherwise

An Fhairche Abu

Galway team for the Mayo match:

1   Connor Gleeson
2   Seán Kelly
3   Seán Ó Maoilchiaráin
4   Johnny Heaney
5   Gary O'Donnell
6   John Daly
7   Cillian McDaid
8   Ronan Steede
9   Tom Flynn
10   Eamon Brannigan
11   Damien Comer
12   Michael Daly
13   Robert Finnerty
14   Shane Walsh
15   Adrian Varley

Comer, Finnerty and McDaid back in, Silke still injured from that "tackle" in Navan.

cadhlancian

Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 07, 2020, 02:14:11 PM
Quote from: cadhlancian on March 03, 2020, 03:38:56 AM
Read the question ? That's not what he asked . If you wanna act the p***k don't backdoor it , be straight about it ffs..
And ffs yourself, maybe you should go back and read the question yourself!
If you bothered your asss to do so, you'd see it was a rhetorical one- the poster already knew the answer; he just wanted to brag about Tyrone's achievements. And the reply was in the same spirit- it pointed out that Tyrone hadn't won anything that really counted. Taking the wind out of Whistup's sail in a manner of speaking.
A bit of banter between two longtime posters who each knew the other's form.
I'd have thought that a dysfunctional baboon with an IQ lower than his asshole wouldn't need anyone to explain that to him.
Then along comes you...
You seem to spend far too much time prowling about this board looking for something to bitch about and using schoolyard language to do so. Maybe you should consider taking up some less stressful pastime to cope with the chip on your shoulder- maybe playing the flute, as opposed to acting it.
Prowling about this board.... you've little to be at 🤷🏻‍♂️

cadhlancian

Quote from: cadhlancian on March 10, 2020, 11:45:17 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 07, 2020, 02:14:11 PM
Quote from: cadhlancian on March 03, 2020, 03:38:56 AM
Read the question ? That's not what he asked . If you wanna act the p***k don't backdoor it , be straight about it ffs..
And ffs yourself, maybe you should go back and read the question yourself!
If you bothered your asss to do so, you'd see it was a rhetorical one- the poster already knew the answer; he just wanted to brag about Tyrone's achievements. And the reply was in the same spirit- it pointed out that Tyrone hadn't won anything that really counted. Taking the wind out of Whistup's sail in a manner of speaking.
A bit of banter between two longtime posters who each knew the other's form.
I'd have thought that a dysfunctional baboon with an IQ lower than his asshole wouldn't need anyone to explain that to him.
Then along comes you...
You seem to spend far too much time prowling about this board looking for something to bitch about and using schoolyard language to do so. Maybe you should consider taking up some less stressful pastime to cope with the chip on your shoulder- maybe playing the flute, as opposed to acting it.
Prowling about this board.... you've little to be at 🤷🏻‍♂️
But anyways apologies if anyone was offended! If I misread the post then my bad. 👍🏻

greatpoint

So it looks like Mayo will be relegated with the league being cancelled.

Crete Boom

Quote from: greatpoint on March 12, 2020, 12:27:49 PM

Having spoken to my Aunt in Italy over the past couple of weeks as a Mayoman I wouldn't even consider this as a talking point or any kind of price to pay if we can avert or reduce the risk somewhat  of what is going in the hospitals over there.
I would much rather avoid getting the virus and keep my elderly parents alive than preserve some bullshit record of being the longest serving division one team!!

Rossfan

Can't relegate a team if the League is unfinished although if its Mayowestros.......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

I don't see it happening. I think the restrictions are going to be eased anytime soon- certainly not within six months at best and that's being very optimistic. The AI championships are going to be banjaxed as well as the rest of the league.
TBH, Mayo's relegation prospects are not my main concern right now.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Blowitupref

Today was meant to be the final round of the NFL. Chances of it ever re-starting is between slim and none. Hopefully the death toll in the island of Ireland stays as low as possible. Stay safe all sport certainly put into perspective during this crisis.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

larryin89

Be very unfair with all the possible permutations still on offer. You'd have to think at this stage  championship will be scrapped for 2020, perhaps a slight possibility of remaining two league games to be played in sept/October . All seems pretty irrelevant at this time anyway.  I'd hazard
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Angelo

Quote from: larryin89 on March 22, 2020, 03:13:35 PM

Be very unfair with all the possible permutations still on offer. You'd have to think at this stage  championship will be scrapped for 2020, perhaps a slight possibility of remaining two league games to be played in sept/October . All seems pretty irrelevant at this time anyway.  I'd hazard

Can't see any chance of the Championship being played.

Squads will be three or four months out of training by the time we see the earliest possible resumption of normal activity and that's effectively back in pre-season mode.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

imtommygunn

It could be great though. No one is fit and no one has had a chance to hone tactics. It'll be just like the good old days lol.