NFL Division 1 - 2020

Started by thejuice, January 07, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Whishtup on March 02, 2020, 10:52:57 PM
Am I right in saying that no manager/team has recorded more wins against Dublin since 2013 than Mickey Harte/Tyrone?
Don't know but true to form he's opposed to the new back pass rule.
Pope Francis is a Catholic.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Whishtup

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 03, 2020, 01:48:13 AM
Am I right in saying that no manager/team has recorded more wins against Dublin since 2013 than Mickey Harte/Tyrone?

Did they win any Leagues or All Irelands doing this?

Yill win nahhin with that attitude!  ;)

Whishtup

Quote from: Rossfan on March 03, 2020, 11:06:33 AM

Back-pass rule brings nothing to the game.  In fact, it may draw more forwards back into midfield defence in order to create more kick-out options. The full press by most teams is pretty effective and good craic to watch.-don't see why it should be made more difficult for the team trying to come out and attack.

The killing of games is generally done by the half-backs, mid-fielders.  If you could eliminate the touchline to touchline passing in the middle third by havin a max pass (foot or fist) count, you would instantly eradicate the 20-30 minutes of boredom that we have to endure in a lot of big games.  Poor oul' keepers...

rosnarun

Quote from: Whishtup on March 03, 2020, 12:04:16 PM

Back-pass rule brings nothing to the game.  In fact, it may draw more forwards back into midfield defence in order to create more kick-out options. The full press by most teams is pretty effective and good craic to watch.-don't see why it should be made more difficult for the team trying to come out and attack.

The killing of games is generally done by the half-backs, mid-fielders.  If you could eliminate the touchline to touchline passing in the middle third by havin a max pass (foot or fist) count, you would instantly eradicate the 20-30 minutes of boredom that we have to endure in a lot of big games.  Poor oul' keepers...
if we had better referees I would fully agree but they cant ref the rules that are there so i'm really not in favour of introducing more .
easy way to stop the lateral passing is to allow a good robust tackle,
As long as there is no strike or  hold then play on the soccer style shithousery would end very quickly and ease the burden on refs
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Whishtup

Quote from: rosnarun on March 03, 2020, 12:18:17 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on March 03, 2020, 12:04:16 PM

if we had better referees I would fully agree but they cant ref the rules that are there so i'm really not in favour of introducing more .
easy way to stop the lateral passing is to allow a good robust tackle,
As long as there is no strike or  hold then play on the soccer style shithousery would end very quickly and ease the burden on refs

The problem with this is that (more often than not) the lateral passing is executed in a safe zone where there are no tacklers.  You have to somehow force players into kicking the ball into the forwards.

Whitnail

Mayo always seem to find a way to stay in the 1st division ......sometimes with the last kick of the ball on the final day. I really wouldn't bet against them doing the exact same this year as well...i really wouldnt. My poor wallet will testify to that!

Farrandeelin

I wonder will the coronavirus do away with our relegation woes?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Captain Obvious

Donie Buckley gone from Kerry when they needed him to improve them in defence.

"I wish to confirm that Donie Buckley is no longer a member of the Kerry Senior Football Management Team."

"On behalf of the Board, the senior football panel & management and Kerry Supporters, I want to thank Donie for his very valuable contribution to the development of our players over the past 18 months and wish him the very best in the future.

"It is not intended to make any further appointments to the senior football management team. The existing management team will continue to take responsibility for all aspects of team preparation and selection."

Tubberman

I'm sure he'd be welcome back in Mayo if he's stuck for something to be at
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

bucko

Quote from: Tubberman on March 07, 2020, 11:59:12 AM
Might not be a bad thing, we've been woeful defensively in this campaign and our tackling isn't what it used to be.

larryin89

Quote from: bucko on March 07, 2020, 12:01:23 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on March 07, 2020, 11:59:12 AM
Might not be a bad thing, we've been woeful defensively in this campaign and our tackling isn't what it used to be.

The drop of intensity in our tackling has been very noticeable of late . Is that really down to Buckley not been with them last 18 months or so though ? I just can't imagine his training method's been much different or Indeed what he taught them been forgotten . Is it more down to bodies of our older lads been just that 'older" and younger men coming in not near the s&c peaks them older lads reached as of yet ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Lar Naparka

Quote from: cadhlancian on March 03, 2020, 03:38:56 AM
Read the question ? That's not what he asked . If you wanna act the p***k don't backdoor it , be straight about it ffs..
And ffs yourself, maybe you should go back and read the question yourself!
If you bothered your asss to do so, you'd see it was a rhetorical one- the poster already knew the answer; he just wanted to brag about Tyrone's achievements. And the reply was in the same spirit- it pointed out that Tyrone hadn't won anything that really counted. Taking the wind out of Whistup's sail in a manner of speaking.
A bit of banter between two longtime posters who each knew the other's form.
I'd have thought that a dysfunctional baboon with an IQ lower than his asshole wouldn't need anyone to explain that to him.
Then along comes you...
You seem to spend far too much time prowling about this board looking for something to bitch about and using schoolyard language to do so. Maybe you should consider taking up some less stressful pastime to cope with the chip on your shoulder- maybe playing the flute, as opposed to acting it.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Halfquarter

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 07, 2020, 11:54:20 AM
Donie Buckley gone from Kerry when they needed him to improve them in defence.

"I wish to confirm that Donie Buckley is no longer a member of the Kerry Senior Football Management Team."

"On behalf of the Board, the senior football panel & management and Kerry Supporters, I want to thank Donie for his very valuable contribution to the development of our players over the past 18 months and wish him the very best in the future.

"It is not intended to make any further appointments to the senior football management team. The existing management team will continue to take responsibility for all aspects of team preparation and selection."

Anybody know the reason that Donnie is gone ?

ballinaman

Can't see the last round of the league taking place.