NFL Division 1 - 2020

Started by thejuice, January 07, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

Would be amazing if Tyrone went down from this position.

rosnarun

Quote from: MayoBuck on March 02, 2020, 01:12:47 PM
Quote from: Mac2 on March 02, 2020, 12:28:22 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on March 02, 2020, 11:45:58 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on March 02, 2020, 11:07:27 AM
Quote from: moysider on March 01, 2020, 10:25:48 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 01, 2020, 09:28:55 PM
Quote from: moysider on March 01, 2020, 08:46:26 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 01, 2020, 08:31:35 PM
Should Horan have made a couple of changes earlier in the game larryin? The subs all seemed to have made an impact when they came on.

He can't keep picking some of those lads that started. Can he?
I think he is caught between the devil and the deep blue sea here. On the one hand, he had a lot of what would be first choice players who are out through injury or at least not match fit. If he starts panicking and throwing some of them on he is risking further injuries to his better players and enforced absences during the championships coming up soon. It's Hobson's choice I'm afraid.
On the other hand, some of the newer players are showing potential and sooner or later, he will have to let a raft of the old guard go. Unless he bloods replacements in, he will be in even more trouble than he is right now.
I thought a few likely lads showed up last year and this year to date has been even more promising. We have always had problems getting youngsters to mature enough to play at championship level but the last few years, and this one especially, there has been quite a few.
Ossian Mullin looks the real deal already and Tommy Conroy, Towey, O'Donoughe and a few others are developing nicely. Throw in Matty Ruane and probably Fionn McDonagh from last year and things are looking good for the future.
Maybe not too good at present but dammit!, Tiocfaidh ar lá arís very soon. ;D

The names you mention as positive I will give you yeah. In fact I think I mentioned them in an earlier post and would raise you Swanee O Hora as well. They are fairly obvious as well. On the other hand there are lads wheeled out every week that are as obviously not at it at all. These are JH's projects so if he is caught between devil and deep blue sea ....... If you look back at recent panels, there were young lads that were indulged for years that never were good enough.
I reckon Mullin will he gone to Australia at the end of championship.
do you know this or are you just guessing?
Horan has done in this league what Rochford
shoul have started 3 years agohould have started 3 years ago bringing  genuine change to the team and people have to keep the faith and trust Horan  . no one is going to remember relegation if may win the All Ireland and there is the nucleus of a very good new team there  and the young lads are getting bett with every Game, new leaders are emerging without the older hands on board .In Particular Coen and Diarmauid along with Aidan are now running the show even with Coen playing out of position he has come on in leaps in bounds this year.
at time the team is not gelling  and our kick outs are killing us but Is slowly coming together and I think we will see more of these lads in the summer than  you think
Holy Christ were you at any of the games, total bull.

Coen was poor against Monaghan but has done well at times during the league. Particularly against Donegal and the 2nd half yesterday. Had several good performances in the championship last year too.

I wouldn't say he's running the show but there's definitely a role for him to play going forward.
Coen is now one of our senior players and has a very  important leadership Role, He happily plays in what ever Jersey play any role hes asked and he's given and has an excellent temperament . A model player really. I reckon captaincy  was a tight call but Aidan's age and inspirational qualities probably just swung it
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

larryin89

Quote from: Aaron Boone on March 02, 2020, 04:44:05 PM
Would be amazing if Tyrone went down from this position.

Id fancy Donegal to beat Tyrone , it's a fair ask but not beyond it to think our bucks could spring a performance in salthill , that would leave you with a straight shoot out in castlebar in the last game between ourselves and Tyrone .
Not the most likey of scenarios granted but hardly shock horror though.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: larryin89 on March 02, 2020, 08:50:05 PM
it's a fair ask but not beyond it to think our bucks could spring a performance in salthill
Apart from the Tyrone result, every Galway match has been a one score game either way. This combined with Mayo's propensity for resurrecting themselves out of seemingly unavoidable relegation trouble over the years means I'd say it's well within them to bring a big performance and get a result on the 15th.

larryin89

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 02, 2020, 09:53:53 PM
it's a fair ask but not beyond it to think our bucks could spring a performance in salthill
Apart from the Tyrone result, every Galway match has been a one score game either way. This combined with Mayo's propensity for resurrecting themselves out of seemingly unavoidable relegation trouble over the years means I'd say it's well within them to bring a big performance and get a result on the 15th.

Tbh we would need a massive improvement to trouble Galway and that's been honest not beal Bocht . We have been atrocious so far , fluked a draw in Donegal and again very lucky in navan with a late goal against the run of play to sneak it, hammered by Monaghan and we'll beaten by dubs
. So lethargic in yesterday opening half it was soul destroying .

To beat Galway we need cillian back and hopefully fionn mcdinagh too along with James Carr . Mix them up as starters and bench . Eod should start too .

And shur look let's be honest the sight of the maroon and white should always give mayo men a bounce . Ya never. know ,stranger things have happened.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Whishtup

Am I right in saying that no manager/team has recorded more wins against Dublin since 2013 than Mickey Harte/Tyrone?

Lar Naparka

Quote from: larryin89 on March 02, 2020, 10:05:08 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 02, 2020, 09:53:53 PM

Tbh we would need a massive improvement to trouble Galway and that's been honest not beal Bocht . We have been atrocious so far , fluked a draw in Donegal and again very lucky in navan with a late goal against the run of play to sneak it, hammered by Monaghan and we'll beaten by dubs
. So lethargic in yesterday opening half it was soul destroying .

To beat Galway we need cillian back and hopefully fionn mcdinagh too along with James Carr . Mix them up as starters and bench . Eod should start too .

And shur look let's be honest the sight of the maroon and white should always give mayo men a bounce . Ya never. know ,stranger things have happened.
I can't pretend that I fully expect our lads to reef the heron chokers out of it or anything approaching that but I'll give them a fighting chance to win the game and if they do, I can't see Mickey's maulers ruining our survival prospects.
Mayo's fight back in the second half on Sunday was most impressive by any standard.
They were pure cat in the first half and were lucky they weren't further behind at the break.
Then, playing into the wind, they produced the mother of comebacks and could/should have snatched a draw.
Peter Keane didn't come looking for a draw and you can be damn sure himself and his team would have been gutted if they didn't get the points. In other words, there was no fluke about Mayo's second half performance;; the lads knew they had to fight for their prospects of survival in the top division and fight they sure did.
Their tails are up now and they'll fight to the end.  Unpredictability has been a trademark of Mayo sides going back as far as I can remember and this side is no exception. They've survived by their fingernails before in similar situations and I'm banking on them playing first division next year.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

From the Bunker

Quote from: Whishtup on March 02, 2020, 10:52:57 PM
Am I right in saying that no manager/team has recorded more wins against Dublin since 2013 than Mickey Harte/Tyrone?

Did they win any Leagues or All Irelands doing this?

cadhlancian

Read the question ? That's not what he asked . If you wanna act the p***k don't backdoor it , be straight about it ffs..

southtyronegael

Quote from: Whishtup on March 02, 2020, 10:52:57 PM
harte has lost 6 straight championship games against Dublin.malachy o Rourke/Monaghan beat them twice since 2013. Not sure how many wins Tyrone have?

Angelo

We've lost four Championship games on the trot to Dublin since 2013 and the Gavin era started, two of them were non-knockout ties though with one being a complete dead rubber.

In the league since 2013 it's been:

2013 - P2 W1 L1
2014 - P1 L1
2015 - P1 D1
2016 - NA
2017 - P1 D1
2018 - P1 L1
2019 - P1 W1
2020 - P1 W1

So it's P8 W3 D2 L3

It's hard to tell anything about Dublin yet, they are still down a few players and a new manager may take some extra time to get his ideas across but I definitely think they are more there for the taking this year than they have been in other years.They will still be strong favourites but at some point the hunger will have to wane.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

TheGreatest

Well done to Tyrone on the win, a good battle, Dublin have a lot of work to do for the summer IMO. While I hate losing, it may benefit Dublin long run to taste defeat. Remember what its like. Come July its a different ball game.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

Quote from: Rossfan on March 03, 2020, 09:16:45 AM
Looks like another Rhubarb heading South

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/promising-mayo-defender-one-of-four-players-lined-up-for-move-to-australia-39008993.html

Not one but two ffs

Mullin would be a big loss, there aren't too many 19 year olds that can play in D1 without looking out of their depth.

Good luck to him if he goes though, hard for a young fella to turn down a pro contract

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered