Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

I think you'd be hard pressed to sell it as a holiday to the females in the family, Declan. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Fear ón Srath Bán

A pal, his missus and a few of theirs (pals & missuses) were over in Cuba in November Declan, and had a great time, for example:

Cuba is scorching, people are great, food is great, pool is cool, sea is like a bath... internet is sluggish, but I think I can live with that!!!!!

He was saying that although where they were staying was fairly affluent, they weren't far away from the polar (or sub-tropical ;)) opposite in Havana itself, but wherever the people were the best.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

the waffler

2 weeks in marmaris in july got great  deal in travel agents for the excelsior anybody been there would not use teletex again did a couple  of years ago ended up in a pure shit hole

Family guy

Thinking of there 2 the waffeler,have heard no reports really on it either,what date you goin to and what kinda deal did you get??

lynchbhoy

dunno where to go - have a lot of holidays to take this year as I couldnt take them last year.
Cadiz in spain, southern france/bordeaux (obvious reasons), trek around usa (myrtle beach, nashville, memphis, New orleans, texas) are all on the radar

anyone beent to myrtle beach or cadiz region ?

Santino

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 16, 2010, 09:20:14 PM
dunno where to go - have a lot of holidays to take this year as I couldnt take them last year.
Cadiz in spain, southern france/bordeaux (obvious reasons), trek around usa (myrtle beach, nashville, memphis, New orleans, texas) are all on the radar

Would highly recommend Nashville, Memphis and New Orleans if u fancy plenty of live music and partyin after being there this time last year. Not sure bout Myrtle beach though.

Tyrones own

Quote from: Santino on February 17, 2010, 12:14:51 AM

Would highly recommend Nashville, Memphis and New Orleans if u fancy plenty of live music and partyin after being there this time last year. Not sure bout Myrtle beach though.

Some of the nicest people I ever met were in Memphis..genuine friendly people!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Overthebar!

4 of us heading to florence on tuesday for 4 days. anyone ever been? looking forward to it....

ross4life

Was in Florence for two days back in October like most Italian cities I've been it's a beautiful historic city! if Art is you thing Michelangelo's  Statue of David  is worth seeing, i would recommend a trip Basilica di San Miniato al Monte Situated on a hill (monte) outside Florence with unsurpassed views of the city, Piazzale Michelangiolo in the city also has great views best place to catch the sunset

For nightlife try Finnegans or Fiddlers Elbow if you want good irish bars

Seeing that you have 4 days it's also worth a visit to Pisa to see the leaning tower, The trains are frequent & takes about 1hr
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

David McKeown

Went to college near Austin for a year, would highly recommend the city for a few days if you are touring the states
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Overthebar!

Quote from: ross4life on May 08, 2010, 08:26:00 PM
Was in Florence for two days back in October like most Italian cities I've been it's a beautiful historic city! if Art is you thing Michelangelo's  Statue of David  is worth seeing, i would recommend a trip Basilica di San Miniato al Monte Situated on a hill (monte) outside Florence with unsurpassed views of the city, Piazzale Michelangiolo in the city also has great views best place to catch the sunset

For nightlife try Finnegans or Fiddlers Elbow if you want good irish bars

Seeing that you have 4 days it's also worth a visit to Pisa to see the leaning tower, The trains are frequent & takes about 1hr

cheers ross4life, will take your advice onboard. not sure how much sightseeing we will actually do as will prob end up just drinking but would be good to squueze some in. fly into pisa so might tip the tower over when we arrive...

Niall Quinn

Quote from: Declan on January 13, 2010, 09:25:21 AM
Started to think about this years hols - Anyone been to Cuba recently?

spent a week in varaderro last year, which was a pretty relaxing, if not super inspiring location. Really enjoyed the day trip we did to havanna. Don't know if it would constitute value if you're travelling from Europe though.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Overthebar! on May 07, 2010, 10:39:19 PM
4 of us heading to florence on tuesday for 4 days. anyone ever been? looking forward to it....
lovely place
like all tourist towns, go 50 yards off the beaten track to find better priced food - certainly equal quality and often better !
Nice choc shops around the squares, nice wine bars dotted around the place too.
also can get trips to shopping outlets for decent priced clothes if yer missus needs her shopping fix !!

thanks for the info folks on Memphis and Austin, I fully intend doing that trip sometime soon - maybe this summer !

Overthebar!

cheers lb. not taking the woman so no need for the shopping advice! worried about going and getting stuck there with this ash cloud but fingers crossed...

the waffler

Quote from: Family guy on February 16, 2010, 07:19:23 PM
Thinking of there 2 the waffeler,have heard no reports really on it either,what date you goin to and what kinda deal did you get?

headin 5 july her good self and i got it for £688 for 2 weeks couldnt refuse have had good reports on marmaris will wile warm  may stay in shadev on the big stool