Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Loads of hotels in Galway. Depends on what you're after. You can easily get out to Salthill from any of the Galway hotels. I just spent a weekend in the 12 hotel in Barna, but it wouldn't be what I'd call a kids hotel. The ARdilaun has a pool and is nice, but it's not that cheap. The Radisson Blu in town is similar. I'd say some of the lads from the Wesht would give you a better rundown on the hotels there. I stayed in the Ardilaun when my young lad was about 3, and it was perfect, but most activities wouldn't be in the hotel to be honest, more down around Salthill itself.

Under Lights

giveherlong

Try the Connacht Hotel. Family friendly. Good swimming pool and kids area

tintin25

Not sure it already discussed on this thread, but heading to Killarney for the bank holiday weekend and would appreciate any guidance on things to do etc

More a lads thing so probably looking for somewhere decent to head out at night and something to keep us entertained during the day.

Walter Cronc

Anyone ever been to Hong Kong? Thinking of going for 3-4 nights after a week or so in Thailand.

Is it crazy expensive or on a par with London/New York?

Boycey

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 01, 2016, 12:01:36 PM
Anyone ever been to Hong Kong? Thinking of going for 3-4 nights after a week or so in Thailand.

I couldn't recommend Hong Kong highly enough, I was there about 4 years ago for 10 days. I don't remember it being wild expensive but it's a place you probably will only visit once in your life so definitely worth the effort.

armaghniac

Quote from: Boycey on June 01, 2016, 12:33:28 PM

I couldn't recommend Hong Kong highly enough, I was there about 4 years ago for 10 days. I don't remember it being wild expensive but it's a place you probably will only visit once in your life so definitely worth the effort.

I think hotels in HK are toward the expensive side, at least compared to Thailand, but food etc shouldn't be so bad.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Walter Cronc

Cheers guys!

Any recommendations on the time of year to visit? Thinking of Oct/Nov time.

That should see us avoid the worst of the wet season in Thailand which I believe ends in Oct.

armaghniac

Summer= hot, sticky and typhoons.
maybe Halloween time as you suggest?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Walter Cronc

Quote from: armaghniac on June 01, 2016, 02:59:09 PM
Summer= hot, sticky and typhoons.
maybe Halloween time as you suggest?

Cheers AN

Keepthefaith93

Hong Kong is a good spot, well worth a visit but do your drinking in Thailand. The pubs/bars are serious expensive. Everything else is much the same as here price wise. If you do go make sure you go to the Racing at The Happy Valley Race Course, its on 1 night every week, can't remember which night though. Great night craic and reasonably cheap beer.

PadraicHenryPearse

anyone been to Tallinn. any advise? 

Boycey

Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on June 01, 2016, 05:16:23 PM

Hong Kong is a good spot, well worth a visit but do your drinking in Thailand. The pubs/bars are serious expensive. Everything else is much the same as here price wise. If you do go make sure you go to the Racing at The Happy Valley Race Course, its on 1 night every week, can't remember which night though. Great night craic and reasonably cheap beer.

The hotel we stayed overlooked Happy Valley... The view from our room was like that Carlsberg ad the night the racing was on. It's a mighty sight all lit up. A lot of the local GAA is played on the infield there too as well as numerous other sports.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Boycey on June 01, 2016, 07:10:15 PM
Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on June 01, 2016, 05:16:23 PM

The hotel we stayed overlooked Happy Valley... The view from our room was like that Carlsberg ad the night the racing was on. It's a mighty sight all lit up. A lot of the local GAA is played on the infield there too as well as numerous other sports.

Cheers lads. Have a mate who works in HK as a banker so his budget might be slightly different to mine  ;D

seafoid

The inequality in HK is off the scale. Median House prices are 90 times median earnings
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU