Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Heading over to Florida on Saturday, Orlando to Wednesday and then driving down to Miami for 6 days. Any major do's don't in Orlando. Universal and Busch Gardens tampa worth doing ya?

Karl Kennedy

Anyone ever book a keycamp holiday in Spain?
Hoping to go to Salou this summer but the price of airport transfers is absolutely ridiculous.
Getting quotes of £500!!! Surely there has to be a cheaper alternative but its the hassle of different stops etc with family.

Rois

Hire a car? Gives you a lot of flexibility.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Karl Kennedy on March 18, 2013, 11:42:45 AM
Anyone ever book a keycamp holiday in Spain?
Hoping to go to Salou this summer but the price of airport transfers is absolutely ridiculous.
Getting quotes of £500!!! Surely there has to be a cheaper alternative but its the hassle of different stops etc with family.

We went to a place south of Barcelona (40 miles) Cracking spot, loads of pools restaurants and bars, great local beach which was on site to. Will get name later can't remember it off hand. You could get the train from Barcelona to the nearsest town (about 2 miles from site) or hire a car though its pricey
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

We're keycamping in South of France this summer, after pricing transfers & having a good think about it we have hired a car, got a Ford Focus standard yoke for £270 ( for 12 nights, with 2 child seats)- i booked that before Christmas & a co-worker doing something similar said the price had jumped significantly when he went to book. We're flying with Aer Lingus & (supposedly) get keener car-hire rates of Hertz.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on March 18, 2013, 12:54:03 PM
We're keycamping in South of France this summer, after pricing transfers & having a good think about it we have hired a car, got a Ford Focus standard yoke for £270 ( for 12 nights, with 2 child seats)- i booked that before Christmas & a co-worker doing something similar said the price had jumped significantly when he went to book. We're flying with Aer Lingus & (supposedly) get keener car-hire rates of Hertz.

I found that it was really cheap to hire before Xmas too, whereabouts in the South of France Benny? Been there 3 times with Keycamp style holidays, though if you hire your van through the actual site it's at least 15 to 20% cheaper
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Argeles sur mer, hope to take in a couple of stages of Le Tour.

Milltown Row2

Right on the South of France, good spot. Prefer France over Spain. Was at a place in Italy two years ago 40 miles south of Pisa, great spot also

Declan

Anyone ever been to Croatia?? One of the possibilities this year

Sandino

Great spot Croatia, can be very very hot in summer. It just works on so many levels, independent or package Declan?
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

scoopmine

Anyone got any tips on where to go for a first time holiday never had the chance to go before. It would be myself and herself and would love somewhere hot. Somewhere there is a bit of value as were both final year students!

Declan

QuoteIt just works on so many levels, independent or package Declan?

My own preference would be independent - when you say hot are you talking high 30s?

DennistheMenace

quote author=hardstation link=topic=12480.msg1212595#msg1212595 date=1363780502]
Hoping to book Thailand for 2 weeks in July. Would like to spend about 3 nights in Bangkok before heading out to one of the island resorts.

Anybody any advice on where to stay in Bangkok/which resort to go for etc?

Fcuk it, if you know anything worth knowing about Thailand, post it here.
[/quote]

Depends what you are after really, who you are going with and your budget.

Party central is koh phangan, if you can get there for the Full Moon party on 24th July it is worth going to for that island for 3 nights. I'd also go to Koh Samui next to it, a larger island with some nice resorts. One of my favourite islands was Koh Phi Phi were the beach was filmed, beautiful and relaxed.

To the guy asking about Croatia, I'd go to hvar, beautiful island off Croatia.

Sandino

Yes high 30s, lots to do but again in depends on your interests. I'v been a few times so PM me if you have any questions. Not sure of your location but they fly direct to Croatia from belfast which is very handy.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Declan

Cheers Sandino - Still at the early stages but if she who must be obeyed makes up her mind then I'll definitely PM you :D