Derry v Tyrone - 06/02/11 - Celtic Park

Started by omagh_gael, January 30, 2011, 08:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

So first 'proper' game of the year, both teams with 3 wins out of 3 and will be keen to keep their 100% records intact. This time last year Tyrone were on a roll but an unfancied Derry side beat them fairly convincingly.

No point in trying to predict starting 15 as it's still all very experimental. Haven't been able to make any games yet due to clashes with work but from radio coverage and reports here some of the new lads have put their hands up for a starting place, particularly Girvan. Some old hands seem to have started the year well, great to see/hear that BMcG is getting plenty of game time and getting on the score sheet.

Where are the lads from colleges going to figure? Have been some excellent performances. Anyone know if Mattie Donnelly will make himself available this year?

Club Rossa

Tyrone are up against it on Sunday.Derry have a great home record against Tyrone and we haven't beaten Derry in Derry since 1984.I thought our performance up there last year was a disgrace,no heart or hunger while Derry wanted the win more and got it.They will as usual be up for it on Sunday and our players need to match Derry's commitment and hunger if we are to have a chance.

clarshack

Quote from: Club Rossa on January 31, 2011, 08:44:54 AM
Tyrone are up against it on Sunday.Derry have a great home record against Tyrone and we haven't beaten Derry in Derry since 1984.I thought our performance up there last year was a disgrace,no heart or hunger while Derry wanted the win more and got it. They will as usual be up for it on Sunday and our players need to match Derry's commitment and hunger if we are to have a chance.

that pretty much summed it up that night but that has been the kind of performance we have always produced up there.

its time to get a win in celtic park and put down a marker for the season.

leaveherinsir

Should be a good game this. Derry seem to be going well under the new man, but there have been plenty of years where they have started well in League!
Im sureTyrone will be up for this game, Tyrone comments above are a bit negative from their perspective, no doubt trying to lull us Derry "boys" into a false sense of security!  ;)
Ill be there anyway, havnt made any games so far this year, so no doubt this will be a dour low scoring affair, after all the score fests so far!

Fuzzman

What time is this game on at?
I'm up home for the weekend with the new born and just bought him his new Target Express jersey. I'll have to sneak him out though.
I can never remember winning in that bloody place over looked by my old school.

red hander

2.30 throw-in according to Gaa.ie ... spose it will be freezing as usual at Celtic Park.  Up last year and couldn't even have a hot whiskey in the bar cos I was driving ... I'm not fecking drivin on Sunday!!!

tyroneman

Would much rather have had this game at the end of the league. Notwithstanding our terrible record down in Derry we are notoriously slow starters in the league.

whiskeysteve

Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

ziggysego

It'll be an interesting battle between old school Brennan and new school Harte. I've been looking forward to this potential pairing for sometime.
Testing Accessibility

Olly

Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

J OGorman

Quote from: whiskeysteve on February 01, 2011, 11:05:48 AM
Cant make game  :(. Is it on TV?

same here, my future county star is getting holy water poured on his wee forehead.

Should be a good game, glad to see the league starting

HiMucker

Dont be trying to live the life you wanted through your childs  :), he might want to be a dancer!

Wonder will PB try to do any keepy uppies this time :D

Fuzzman

Jeepers lads yer all keeping yer gun powder very dry.

I'd expected about 5 pages on this by now?

Are all our Tyrone posters optimistic or pessimistic about the year ahead?

What's the latest on the McMahon Bros? Are they taking a long rest til May?
Could this be the year we see them both line out at MF or further up the pitch at least?

Has BMG recaptured some of his old form and added on more scoring prowess?
Has Big Sean got his appetite back or is he just kicking frees?
Will SoN be as good as he was in 2005?
Are we better off losing in Ulster this year to give us a break from 1/4 final losses?

Despite playing well in the McKenna cup from all reports, I have grown to expect never to win this game in Londonderry city

tyssam5

Quote from: HiMucker on February 01, 2011, 01:46:05 PM
Dont be trying to live the life you wanted through your childs  :), he might want to be a dancer!

He'll have all summer to practice them as usual!

HiMucker

Quote from: tyssam5 on February 01, 2011, 05:03:38 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on February 01, 2011, 01:46:05 PM

He'll have all summer to practice them as usual!
Very good, well played