AI minor football championship

Started by GalwayBayBoy, July 16, 2017, 06:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: galwayman on August 11, 2018, 04:57:13 PM
Who picks the man of the match in these games?
Aidan Halloween got it & while he played well the best player on the pitch by a country mile was Galway Number 7 Cathal Sweeney
Yes Cathal Sweeney was the clear stand out player.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

An Fhairche Abu

Aidan Halloween got it & while he played well the best player on the pitch by a country mile was Galway Number 7 Cathal Sweeney

I couldn't believe Sweeney was overlooked, I thought it was one of the most routine MOTM decisions you could make and they still didn't get it right.

MayoBuck

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on August 11, 2018, 10:42:11 PM

I couldn't believe Sweeney was overlooked, I thought it was one of the most routine MOTM decisions you could make and they still didn't get it right.

They probably wanted to pick a gaeilgeoir.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: MayoBuck on August 11, 2018, 10:52:27 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on August 11, 2018, 10:42:11 PM

They probably wanted to pick a gaeilgeoir.

Halloran is from Salthill. Not exactly Gaeltacht territory but judging by his very decent Irish I'd say he's a product of a Gaelscoil.

thejuice

Disappointing from our point of view but we were very much second best today. That said it's been our best run at Minor for a while and we have found a few decent players which hopefully will be a boost for our u20's and seniors if we do things right for these kids.

Best of luck to Galway in the final. They could be the ones to break the Kerry streak if they keep the wides down.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

galwayman

Quote from: thejuice on August 12, 2018, 04:49:09 AM
Disappointing from our point of view but we were very much second best today. That said it's been our best run at Minor for a while and we have found a few decent players which hopefully will be a boost for our u20's and seniors if we do things right for these kids.

Best of luck to Galway in the final. They could be the ones to break the Kerry streak if they keep the wides down.
We should have won that game by a lot more.
A huge amount of scoreable frees squandered.
The lack of a left footed freetaker especially is a concern.

Blowitupref

HT Kerry 0-10 Monaghan 0-6  Strong finish to the half by Monaghan.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Baile an tuaigh

Monaghan being wiped out in midfield their keeper doing well shot stopping but can't find his men with kick outs. Kerry well on top.

Wildweasel74

Kerry got 2 monsters at midfield ; its funny how the dropping to u-17 level means a bigger different in compartive size of players!

Captain Obvious

Kerry goal within 3 minutes of the 2nd half that will probably end the game as a contest.

GalwayBayBoy

You can already see the conditioning work Kerry are doing with even lads this young.

Blowitupref

46 mins gone. Kerry 1-13 Monaghan 0-9. Kerry down to 14 men.

Captain Obvious

Fair play to Monaghan not going down without a fight.

Captain Obvious

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B