AI minor football championship

Started by GalwayBayBoy, July 16, 2017, 06:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Galway look like the better side but very wasteful. Low quality game so far.

Blowitupref

15 mins gone Meath 1-2 Galway 0-3
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

I find myself rooting for Meath, strange experience.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Blowitupref

HT Meath 2-4 Galway 0-6.  1-1 late on gives Meath a rather flattering 4 point lead at the break.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GalwayBayBoy

Our lads a bit small compared to Meath. Especially at the back where their 3 forwards are all bigger than our 3 backs. They are able to power straight through them. That said we've actually had plenty of ball.

Paul Kelly very good in midfield though. The spit of his brother.

tippabu

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 11, 2018, 03:09:36 PM

The whole changing from under 18 to under 17 has made a huge difference to the minor game. That 1 extra year means so much in terms of physical and skill, far less enjoyable spectacle and that's not having a cut at the young lads

Captain Obvious

Quote from: tippabu on August 11, 2018, 03:39:53 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 11, 2018, 03:09:36 PM

The whole changing from under 18 to under 17 has made a huge difference to the minor game. That 1 extra year means so much in terms of physical and skill, far less enjoyable spectacle and that's not having a cut at the young lads
You could be right there. Young lads still in development mode more so than U18. I thought Galway was the better side in the 1st half but gave away two soft goals and find themselves behind,

GalwayBayBoy

Might be time to take the number 5 off the frees. I think he's missed every one so far.

Blowitupref

Two quick Galway goals they now lead. 42 mins gone Galway 2-7 Meath 2-6

Blowitupref

53 mins gone Galway 3-9 Meath 2-7

Blowitupref

FT Galway 3-13 Meath 2-9

Meath 11 scores from 15 attempts and Galway 16 from 27 attempts highlights the best team won and was good value for their margin of victory.

GalwayBayBoy

Great comeback to be fair from 5 down I think early in the 2nd half. Played some fine football after that.

Kelly and Halloran very tidy players.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Too easy for Galway in the end, maith siad.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Captain Obvious

Best team certainly won that game. No disrespect to Meath but I think they won a weak Leinster championship.

galwayman

Who picks the man of the match in these games?
Aidan Halloran got it & while he played well the best player on the pitch by a country mile was Galway Number 7 Cathal Sweeney