AI minor football championship

Started by GalwayBayBoy, July 16, 2017, 06:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: hardstation on August 20, 2017, 02:06:20 PM
This will be good preparation for Cavan ahead of the Ulster Minor Club Championship, as they'll likely just put this team into it.

Good one hardststion. The cavan minors would beat Antrim id say if ye could find a pitch to play them in.

Syferus

I saw Cavan not bothering to defend and now suddenly Clifford should be a senior and is worthy of his own thread. Only here.

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on August 21, 2017, 08:54:59 AM
I saw Cavan not bothering to defend and now suddenly Clifford should be a senior and is worthy of his own thread. Only here.

I agree with you there. Cavan didnt bother put any sort of tactical effort into nullifying Clifford, just left him one on one with a poor unfortunate defender. Its been a feature of Cavan this year, although they have done well to get to the semi finals they have been playing so openly. They probably werent good enough to win but surely the manager should be setting them up to give them a chance.

Walter Cronc

Itchy was Kerry a big step up in class from the Ulster final?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on August 21, 2017, 08:54:59 AM

In fairness he's been fairly exceptional for the past couple of years. But you're right, no minor should be even considered to walk into a senior IC team and be a difference maker, especially at the level those bucks are at.

Itchy

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 21, 2017, 09:13:09 AM

In fairness it was. Kerry physically are very strong and powerful, more so than Derry. But we did put up a decent score too so they are not brilliant in the backs. If you want to beat them you'd need a plan for Clifford which goes without saying.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Itchy on August 21, 2017, 09:23:32 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 21, 2017, 09:13:09 AM

In fairness it was. Kerry physically are very strong and powerful, more so than Derry. But we did put up a decent score too so they are not brilliant in the backs. If you want to beat them you'd need a plan for Clifford which goes without saying.

Yeah they are a slick outfit. Plenty of work to get past the Dubs!

mrhardyannual

Minor Semi passing without comment. Young Clifford can't have frightened everyone???

ballinaman

James Doran from Dublin is a quality player.

Wildweasel74

Kerry will eat either team in the final!!

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 26, 2017, 05:51:40 PM
Its a while since a Ulster underage winning team have got eaten likewise for a Dublin underage team.

Wildweasel74

Did Kerry not beat Derry handy about 2 year back?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 26, 2017, 05:58:05 PM
Did Kerry not beat Derry handy about 2 year back?
That was 5 point win, hardly call it eaten.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 26, 2017, 05:56:02 PM
Its a while since a Ulster underage winning team have got eaten likewise for a Dublin underage team.

Monaghan got an awful flaking from a Cian Hanley-powered Mayo minor team a few years ago.

mrhardyannual

A Kerryman told me after the drawn Mayo/Ros game and Kerry's win over Galway that the pick of all the teams in Connacht wouldn't trouble Kerry. He will know otherwise today. Similarly the most highly hyped of minor teams have frequently failed to reach the heights expected.