The Masters 2019

Started by Boycey, April 08, 2019, 12:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

This is always worth a thread of its own, one of THE sporting occasions of any year... And yes the coverage is substandard compared to the usual big tournaments but that's down to the organisers not the TV companies (someone is bound to bring this up :))

Rory in supreme form thus far this season so probably the form pick but who knows

screenexile

The Masters is usually different though would be interesting to see the last time the favourite won it I would think it was Tiger.

He's in with a great shout too but the competition around him is too much I think there's a group of about 10 who on their day could potentially win it... potentially more even.

Looking forward to it although will miss Saturday night which is unfortunate.

Very tempted to take Monday off and watch Game of Thrones when it's out @ 2am.

Frank_The_Tank

A great sporting spectacle - be really tempted to go over to it next year - those your gold travel deals for it always seem like a decent enough deal.  Will stick on a few punts for it - will prob back Biffo and Rory and then maybe one or two others - maybe Leishman/Matsuyama or Adam Scott for three that will be slightly higher odds
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Frank_The_Tank

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

cornerback

E/w on
Fowler
Matsuyama
Leishman

TheOptimist

Boycey

Quote from: trailer on April 09, 2019, 10:30:22 AM
http://www.golfwrx.com/540402/the-22-players-who-can-win-the-masters/?utm_source=Front&utm_medium=Featured_Center_Sub&utm_campaign=GolfWRX_OnSite&utm_content=sub

Was looking for this yesterday, I see it was only posted last night. It makes sense as you read through it but in fairness when he has them all weeded out most of the world's top players remain which is what you would expect  ;D

trailer

Quote from: Boycey on April 09, 2019, 11:07:10 AM
Quote from: trailer on April 09, 2019, 10:30:22 AM
http://www.golfwrx.com/540402/the-22-players-who-can-win-the-masters/?utm_source=Front&utm_medium=Featured_Center_Sub&utm_campaign=GolfWRX_OnSite&utm_content=sub

Was looking for this yesterday, I see it was only posted last night. It makes sense as you read through it but in fairness when he has them all weeded out most of the world's top players remain which is what you would expect  ;D

McIlroy
Fowler
Kopeka
Lowry

screenexile

I have McIlroy done and a small bet on Sergio but Justin Rose is my main pick. I think he's been close a few times and his form has been good until he took a bit of a break there so I just have a feeling he'll do it.

I'd prefer Rory but he's no odds really so not much value in him.

Insane Bolt

Have done Sergio and Keegan Bradley ew

Gabriel_Hurl

Tis Rickie's time - finally

screenexile

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 09, 2019, 02:47:26 PM

You sound like a man that's bet on him that many times you're too scared to back anyone else in case he wins!!

This is my first year not backing Spieth . . . he wouldn't need to find form again this week!!

Boycey

Quote from: screenexile on April 09, 2019, 03:09:50 PM

You sound like a man that's bet on him that many times you're too scared to back anyone else in case he wins!!

This is my first year not backing Spieth . . . he wouldn't need to find form again this week!!

Spieth has been in dismal form throwing in double bogeys and triple bogeys for fun with even his famed putting deserting him. There have been signs of late of him getting back on track and bar one 9 hole stretch that he played in +6 last week in Texas he'd have been there or thereabouts but at 18/1 he's too short for me for a man so out of sorts. 

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: screenexile on April 09, 2019, 03:09:50 PM

That's worked for J Day and DJ for me so far  ;D - 3rd time will be the charm