Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queenie

Same ref doing this game as youtube, heard last night he was in a bad way at the pitch, straight on the throat/neck very lucky poor lad, hope he comes through it with no lasting damage, freek one to say the least
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

gelvis

Quote from: theskull1 on August 10, 2009, 04:44:02 PM
After a dirty challenge with real intent to mame someone, there will always be a bit of a melee, and as long as nothing too treacherous happens then in that melee then to me it's part of the game. The main aggressor has to stood up to. But yes I agree that if the melee decends into similar levels of violence as the first challange then those involved should be dealt with as well. I also thought Cathair was lucky not to be carded for his involvement.

Tried to go looking for that video online but no joy.............. but I found this clinker from 1984.

http://www.youtube.com/user/feisnangleann#play/uploads/0/1E1G1bQXnQg

Check out 2:37 onwards.  :)

For 10 points name the Dall number 5 and the Dunloy number 12

Dall number 5 = Sambo
Dunloy number 12 = Dominic Kearns of Glenariffe?

Top of the class Skull?  ;D
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Fairhead

Have looked at the clip on YouTube a few times now and i cant understand what all the fuss is about. Yes there are digs to the ribs, first by the Dunloy no.5 then the 2 L'giel players but there are no wild swings or pulls. Why cant we all just get on  :-*

On to the weekend i think C'dall will come through handy and going on the performance of the 1st 2 divisional sides i think Glenariffe will get through. A few people here are tipping Rossa but not sure why. This is there 2nd season in Div 2 and they have had a few defeats both years and ok they have a great tradition but i cant see how they can just turn it on like a light going from playin Div 2 teams to playing Loughgiel. L'giel to get through after a struggle.

Ballycastle went 3.4 to nothing down to Dunloy in last years championship and that was that. If theres no repeat of that hopefully Ballycastle can push Dunloy but i still think Dunloy with the greater experience in their team will come through.

JamesH

My club mate has been accused of trying to influence the Loughgiel team through being one vote in a committee of five, which seems strange knowing the make up of that co, pretty strong characters involved. Now if he was a referee from Loughgiel picking this weekends ref's their could be a conspiracy theory, but like the Ref he works hard as a volunteer for the association so its a load of balls but he doesn't deserve a crowd of louts giving him abuse every time he goes out the door.  I heard tonight that new info will come to light that will clear the ref who was supposed to have lied,
I do believe and having seen the official dvd Ding did hit with intent and so deserved punished. If it had been against Loughgiel the culprit would have deserved punished. Anyway anilis have you a fit team for Sat? I was told yesterday that SW only had ten players in any case for the cancelled match.

JamesH

Sorry i forgot to mention another conspiracy theory, would Owen Elliott be getting paid back by Terrible Reilly (CHC) ,fellow ref Former Gorts chair, and general upstanding Gael for sending him off last year for verbally abusing a fellow ref?  and no he wasn't suspended in case your wondering. Was himself in bother again recently reffing the Johnnies?

McCracken

Quote from: JamesH on August 11, 2009, 10:39:39 PM
My club mate has been accused of trying to influence the Loughgiel team through being one vote in a committee of five, which seems strange knowing the make up of that co, pretty strong characters involved. Now if he was a referee from Loughgiel picking this weekends ref's their could be a conspiracy theory, but like the Ref he works hard as a volunteer for the association so its a load of balls but he doesn't deserve a crowd of louts giving him abuse every time he goes out the door.  I heard tonight that new info will come to light that will clear the ref who was supposed to have lied,
I do believe and having seen the official dvd Ding did hit with intent and so deserved punished. If it had been against Loughgiel the culprit would have deserved punished. Anyway anilis have you a fit team for Sat? I was told yesterday that SW only had ten players in any case for the cancelled match.

James, like lots of others I have been watching this thread with interest for a while now and have noticed that on a couple of occasions you have made reference to a fellow clubman of your own and his alleged potential involvement. I could be wrong but you appear to be the only one on here making this association, is there something you know that the rest of us don't? Perhaps this is why you are so vociferous in your replies ???

anailís

Aye James, i'm not 100% sure if there were any injuries coming out of the weekend's match. I didn't see or hear of anyone struggling at the time, so hopefully preparation will be as well as expected. Did Neil McManus have the flu or something? I didn't think he was his normal dynamic self at the weekend, although he got the goal when moved into the ff line. I think I'd rather see him hurling at chb, although it's a sign of a good team when you have a boy like Graffin in that position. He's a class act i have to say, and a nice lad to boot. Very grounded. Can we bottle some of that and hand it out to some other players do you think! Hopefully the weather is dry at the weekend, whatever chance there is of any of the matches being entertaining, it will take the weather too, i think.

Nemo

Quote from: McCracken on August 11, 2009, 11:26:33 PM

James, like lots of others I have been watching this thread with interest for a while now and have noticed that on a couple of occasions you have made reference to a fellow clubman of your own and his alleged potential involvement. I could be wrong but you appear to be the only one on here making this association, is there something you know that the rest of us don't? Perhaps this is why you are so vociferous in your replies ???

would rather stay out of this discussion but i think you should maybe read back again, JamesH is only responding to comments made in an earlier post.

NAG1

This controversy has certainly brought alot of new members to the board!  ;)

NAG1

Quote from: NAG1 on August 12, 2009, 09:08:22 AM
This controversy has certainly brought alot of new members to the board!  ;)

Any one know Watson did to get the line? Must be some slap in the face for the panel players to watch him come back straight into the team and then just to throw it away like it means nothing.

theskull1

I heard (so could be wrong) that it was for retaliation after someone put the stick into him.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

anailís

I think that's right enough skull.

the colonel

the ealier post by someone stating he caught a good ball, got emptied by a shoulder and got done for over carrying. A johnnies player gave him a shoulder when he starting complaining. Watson put the end of the hurl straight into a players sternum, he got shouldered by another johnnies player for it and watson done the exact same to him. all in front of the ref.

clear case of a red card.

I think all this about the Feis Final has been enough and time to move on.
the difference between success and failure is energy

viking48

Couldnt agree more colonel the fies topic seems to be draging on abit

north aontroim gael

Quote from: the colonel on August 12, 2009, 10:41:18 AM
the ealier post by someone stating he caught a good ball, got emptied by a shoulder and got done for over carrying. A johnnies player gave him a shoulder when he starting complaining. Watson put the end of the hurl straight into a players sternum, he got shouldered by another johnnies player for it and watson done the exact same to him. all in front of the ref.

clear case of a red card.

I think all this about the Feis Final has been enough and time to move on.

That pretty much sums up the red card incident and he had to go, it was very stupid.

As far as I've been told he has only trained 3/4 times with Loughgiel this year so i'm sure there are a few people who will be annoyed by his inclusion.  Everybody knows he's got the talent but his attitude stinks.  Not the first management team with club and county to try and accomodate him and won't be the last.