Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Interesting point on final venue again!
Looks like it'll be in either Dunloy or Loughgiel then depending on tomorrow's result?

So annoyed I can't get to the match - if it's not much trouble can people post updates.
I struggled getting Twitter news tonight - is there any accounts to follow for tomorrow?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: shoebox on September 12, 2015, 08:53:59 PM
It's a real pity that Sarsfields do not have the parking facilities. It would be a great venue for the final.

Corrigan
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 12, 2015, 09:04:15 PM
If parking facilities are the only thing stopping Sarsfields hosting a final, I don't see how Corrigan is an improvement.

FWIW, I don't see the point in bringing Ballycastle v the winners to Belfast for the final.

I'm nearly sure they came to Belfast for most finals... until that balls up on the Andytown road happened 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: shoebox on September 12, 2015, 08:43:13 PM
Also glad I made the journey. It was a very enjoyable game and the best team definitely won. Fair play to Ballycastle after coming back from a very strong Dunloy start.

After the first 15 minutes, Ballycastle started to win their own puck outs, which were varied and ensured they won possession and once they had it they had great outlets in Saul and Clarke. Both had good games but Saul the more effective although Clarke won plenty of ball at the end of the second half when they needed him too.

Dunloy mustn't have had much faith in their bench. They had nobody effective in that Half Forward line. The Ballycastle Half Back line were dominating and from then that's were their inside forwards were getting the ball but there wasn't any changes or even positional changes from what I could notice, which left Dunloy'd FBs badly exposed.

The game was won in a few places. Ballycastle staying in the game in the first half. Ballycastle's dominance in the HB line. Saul and Clarke's pace and ability to take a score but I think they won the game mostly in their own half. The tackling from their forward line was immense and fair play to them. It would be nice to see them win.

Regarding Collie McKnight, I though he had a solid game and controlled it well. He used his umpires and linesmen when they were needed. McKeague could have walked. I thought he got the tackle on McAuley that led to Dunloy's second goal spot on when many refs might have given a free. McKnight certainly did not lose that game for Dunloy. If you are looking to refs, then you are not looking in the mirror.

ok here is  my real opinion
like i said earlier he wasn't the winning or losing of the game and as i said earlier ballycastle half back line for our puc outs was the difference
the  ref  was very one sided the whole way through and has nothing to do with me looking in the mirror ( what a stupid statement )
I could go into all the bad decisions but i simply lost count
call it sour grapes or looking in the mirror or what ever
he was absolutely  brutal for dunloy and if it had of been a tighter game then his input would have a big bearing on it
say what you want that's the facts
terrible performance

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

theskull1

Belfast Gaels wouldn't even attend in significant numbers even if it was on their doorstep.

More chance of getting neutrals attending in the right numbers up the country
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 12, 2015, 09:11:15 PM
Also glad I made the journey. It was a very enjoyable game and the best team definitely won. Fair play to Ballycastle after coming back from a very strong Dunloy start.

After the first 15 minutes, Ballycastle started to win their own puck outs, which were varied and ensured they won possession and once they had it they had great outlets in Saul and Clarke. Both had good games but Saul the more effective although Clarke won plenty of ball at the end of the second half when they needed him too.

Dunloy mustn't have had much faith in their bench. They had nobody effective in that Half Forward line. The Ballycastle Half Back line were dominating and from then that's were their inside forwards were getting the ball but there wasn't any changes or even positional changes from what I could notice, which left Dunloy'd FBs badly exposed.

The game was won in a few places. Ballycastle staying in the game in the first half. Ballycastle's dominance in the HB line. Saul and Clarke's pace and ability to take a score but I think they won the game mostly in their own half. The tackling from their forward line was immense and fair play to them. It would be nice to see them win.

Regarding Collie McKnight, I though he had a solid game and controlled it well. He used his umpires and linesmen when they were needed. McKeague could have walked. I thought he got the tackle on McAuley that led to Dunloy's second goal spot on when many refs might have given a free. McKnight certainly did not lose that game for Dunloy. If you are looking to refs, then you are not looking in the mirror.

like i said earlier he wasn't the winning or losing of the game and as i said earlier ballycastle half back line for our puc outs was the difference
the  ref  was very one sided the whole way through and has nothing to do with me looking in the mirror ( what a stupid statement )
he was absolutely  brutal for dunloy and if it had of been a tighter game then his input would have a big bearing on it
terrible performance

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hardstation on September 12, 2015, 09:14:45 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 12, 2015, 09:11:15 PM

terrible performance
Don't tell people to call it sour grapes, nah. They probably will.

thats up to them
despite the ref being poor he didn't beat us, ballycastle did by playing better and its great to see them in a county final
I know they will go in as underdogs whoever they play but it would be good for the county if they won it
throw in the johnnies performance against the dall its good to see other clubs on the up

gelvis

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 12, 2015, 08:45:57 PM
Interesting point on final venue again!
Looks like it'll be in either Dunloy or Loughgiel then depending on tomorrow's result?

So annoyed I can't get to the match - if it's not much trouble can people post updates.
I struggled getting Twitter news tonight - is there any accounts to follow for tomorrow?

Final to be in Ballycastle regardless of whos playing.  Its still classified as the county hurling ground.
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

keep her low this half

Ballycastle well worth the win tonight. Saul was excellent and if he had a pair of proper boots on and stopped falling over he would have scored even more. As for the referee he tried to let the game flow and got most things right although the Dunloy number 6 should have seen red. If the officials see you strike someone off the ball how can it not be red?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: keep her low this half on September 12, 2015, 09:33:31 PM
Ballycastle well worth the win tonight. Saul was excellent and if he had a pair of proper boots on and stopped falling over he would have scored even more. As for the referee he tried to let the game flow and got most things right although the Dunloy number 6 should have seen red. If the officials see you strike someone off the ball how can it not be red?

But what did they see? The linesman who spoke to Collie motioned that it was a shoulder charge in the back off the ball, was there some before it and that was the outcome? I don't know, maybe North_antrim_hound had a better view on it

north aontroim gael

Ballycastle the better team and got the win as I thought they would. Referee had a good game and only thing I'd say is that James McKeague should have walked.

Who's with Dick on Dunloy sideline? They seemed to make very few changes when the tide turned but maybe don't have much in reserve?

Ballycastle tails will be up now and they'll be a handful in the final.

hurlingstick

Ballycastle will win a title soon just not this year. Loughiel are too strong all over, they're a different animal. Not to discredit Ballycastle as they fully deserved the win and I'm happy for them. But that is a poor enough Dunloy team, their own fans would agree. Loughiel are a different animal this year and will dispatch Cushendal tomorrow before winning the final with a bit to spare. Money on Ballycastle for 2016 possibly??

keep her low this half

It has taken Ballycastle 13 years to get into a final. There is no guarantee that it won't be another 13 before they make another one. While I agree that if they meet Loughgiel in a final that they will have too much for them I do not believe in this business of being a year too soon. I remember everyone talking about how it was a year too soon for Dunloy in 1990 and they paid it no mind ( rightly so ). Ballycastle need to adopt a similar attitude regardless of who is in the final.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 12, 2015, 09:36:16 PM

But what did they see? The linesman who spoke to Collie motioned that it was a shoulder charge in the back off the ball, was there some before it and that was the outcome? I don't know, maybe North_antrim_hound had a better view on it

i didn't see it as i was following the ball
its amazing the amount of posters on here seen it as the ball was at the other end, when he got up they shook hands which would suggest no malice but i didn't see it
i wonder if he deserved red was it worse than J Coen did or would Hanbury did to callinan

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 12, 2015, 10:28:25 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 12, 2015, 09:36:16 PM

i didn't see it as i was following the ball
its amazing the amount of posters on here seen it as the ball was at the other end, when he got up they shook hands which would suggest no malice but i didn't see it
i wonder if he deserved red was it worse than J Coen did or would Hanbury did to callinan

and the same for the ref, very hard to get everything... Anyways who's fault is it tomorrow? sorry I mean who is refereeing tomorrow?