Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: saffron89 on November 18, 2012, 04:48:26 PM
the dinny cahill factor could have a little to play do you think SIE
not really. They'll have seen us play last year and will know what to expect. One thing I do hope is that the ref is of a much higher standard than the ref today. The two number 14s should have got the line. The amount of slapping and stamping off the ball was incredible. Hardy stuff.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Sounds like that's just part and parcel of the Galway championship SiE - I would imagine February will be much more tightly controlled.
Your boys take much time off after ulster?
What way does the training plan work with fitness / stickwork over nov-jan?

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 06, 2012, 10:42:36 PM

The one at FF is a real handfull, big fcuker and think he hits the frees. As for their FB line I seen them hack the shit out of Portumna the year the beat them, how a referee let that go on was beyond me

you called that right MR2.
next time i go to complain about a ref I'll try to remember this match. Fcukin awful ref. St Thomas FF could have got red in the fit=rst half and there was a load of dirty slappin but that Loughrea FF !!!!!!!! even when he scored from a penalty he ran in and gave the goalkeeper a dig in the back. He was usin his hurley like a cutlass after gettin a free and the ref ignored it and then after the free he kicked a St Thomas player bang in front of he ref and got away with everythin. atrocious!! 
What do the Loughgeil boys think about their chances against St Thomas? better them than Loughrea?

johnneycool

Quote from: BlackandAmber on November 19, 2012, 09:04:37 AM

The one at FF is a real handfull, big fcuker and think he hits the frees. As for their FB line I seen them hack the shit out of Portumna the year the beat them, how a referee let that go on was beyond me

next time i go to complain about a ref I'll try to remember this match. Fcukin awful ref. St Thomas FF could have got red in the fit=rst half and there was a load of dirty slappin but that Loughrea FF !!!!!!!! even when he scored from a penalty he ran in and gave the goalkeeper a dig in the back. He was usin his hurley like a cutlass after gettin a free and the ref ignored it and then after the free he kicked a St Thomas player bang in front of he ref and got away with everythin. atrocious!! 
What do the Loughgeil boys think about their chances against St Thomas? better them than Loughrea?

I think Loughgiel would have seen enough to worry them.

Richie Murray is still some hurler and always had that wildness about him. The St Thomas lads are all good hurlers, pretty quick and use the ball well, much like the way Loughgiel played in the final in particular last year and they'll have to reach those heights again to make the final.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on November 19, 2012, 09:12:54 AM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on November 19, 2012, 09:04:37 AM

I think Loughgiel would have seen enough to worry them.

Richie Murray is still some hurler and always had that wildness about him. The St Thomas lads are all good hurlers, pretty quick and use the ball well, much like the way Loughgiel played in the final in particular last year and they'll have to reach those heights again to make the final.

I'd have prefered Loughgiel to play Loughrea, I though Loughrea on that shitty day would have beat St Thomas's. As said already they play they same style as Loughgiel and it should be a cracking game, no doubt it will be in Parnell.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

I remember Dunloy playing in Clones a few times - but yes it does seem that Parnell is getting the shout every year not for the Ulster teams. Motorways to Dublin and all that.
The other semi normally Thurles.

NAG1

How about Mullingar?

Going to be a tough assignment, was a cracking Galway final really typical of their type of club hurling.

Puts the LG supporting DUP man in a bit of a quandary now that they will be playing a team in Red White and Blue.

btdtgtt

Don't think Mullingar would please the shamrocks in terms of travel distance Altho dunloy did have to travel there to play sarsfields of Galway.
I think Parnell is a safe bet.
Game a long way off unfortunately!

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on November 19, 2012, 10:54:12 AM
How about Mullingar?

Going to be a tough assignment, was a cracking Galway final really typical of their type of club hurling.

Puts the LG supporting DUP man in a bit of a quandary now that they will be playing a team in Red White and Blue.
id think it will maybe be county colours.  No?
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 19, 2012, 12:46:29 PM
How about Mullingar?

Two ways of doing it, you toss for it, but teams need to agree or the they make you use the county clours, its a fair expense to change kit. £500
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 19, 2012, 12:49:27 PM
How about Mullingar?

Two ways of doing it, you toss for it, but teams need to agree or the they make you use the county clours, its a fair expense to change kit. £500

Provincial colours, as we'd to wear an Ulster style jersey when playing Newtownshandrum who were in Munster blue.

Croke park wouldn't allow us to wear our away colours even though both teams had agreed to amongst themselves.

You can double that £500 for a new kit.

Na Glinntí Glasa

we wore yellow against newtownshandrum and they wore red, couty colours of course as both clubs wore green and yellow.
lgiel will prob do the same against them.
johnnys right, £500 wouldnt cover that. £1000 min
hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

I knew someone wore ulster colours recently.   The dall wore them years back also.     Find out soon enough.     What's the thoughts. Early to start this chat :o.   

NAG1

How about Mullingar?

Maybe KR could go along to the game, by the sounds of it its the only way he is going to see a LG man in Saffron this year!  ;)

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on November 19, 2012, 01:25:21 PM
How about Mullingar?

Going to be a tough assignment, was a cracking Galway final really typical of their type of club hurling.y

Maybe KR could go along to the game, by the sounds of it its the only way he is going to see a LG man in Saffron this year!  ;)
haha.  So it the story goes.    Well maybe start are own team ;D