Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Man

Quote from: hardstation on August 22, 2012, 10:02:44 AM
He'd be an improvement.
Can't see anyone who knows him having a problem with it.

CitySlicker11

Perhaps he will look to jump county ship the same way he attempted to jump club ship. I'm sorry but I could just see another controversial ending occurring. He seems to be respected for his coaching though, maybe that is a role for him?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on August 22, 2012, 10:02:44 AM
He'd be an improvement.

And that from a Rossa man.

Nice statement and I'd like to see him give it a go. Hurling mad, and knows his hurling. Why not???

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on August 22, 2012, 10:18:18 AM
Perhaps he will look to jump county ship the same way he attempted to jump club ship. I'm sorry but I could just see another controversial ending occurring. He seems to be respected for his coaching though, maybe that is a role for him?
Cheap shot Slick, he sets very high standards for himself and the players and sometimes not everyone can live with that. Hardly a negative on his part?

gelvis

Saw E.H was doing the line at the KK Tipp match and Herbie was 4th official for the minor game.  Probably a toss up for the final between the two of them
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Seamroga in exile

From what I hear the clubs only nominated three people for the Antrim job.. Dick, Pj and Kevin Ryan (ex Carlow). two of those aren't interested at the minute. It's a bit of a quandary alright.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

the colonel

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 22, 2012, 10:42:35 AM
From what I hear the clubs only nominated three people for the Antrim job.. Dick, Pj and Kevin Ryan (ex Carlow). two of those aren't interested at the minute. It's a bit of a quandary alright.

Which two SIE? Surely anyone who was nominated would have been asked before allowing their name to go forward? On Kevin Ryan, I thought it nominees were to be taken from with Antrim?

Micky Johnson has talked himself up big time there in the paper. As regards to the respect he thinks he is going to command, I'm not sure about this. No doubts about his passion and love of hurling but there I know some players in the squad who wouldn't be happy with his appointment, and they would be from city and country clubs
the difference between success and failure is energy

NAG1

Quote from: the colonel on August 22, 2012, 10:54:22 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 22, 2012, 10:42:35 AM

Which two SIE? Surely anyone who was nominated would have been asked before allowing their name to go forward? On Kevin Ryan, I thought it nominees were to be taken from with Antrim?

Micky Johnson has talked himself up big time there in the paper. As regards to the respect he thinks he is going to command, I'm not sure about this. No doubts about his passion and love of hurling but there I know some players in the squad who wouldn't be happy with his appointment, and they would be from city and country clubs

I can also foresee this element counting against him from certain clubs.

Seamroga in exile

I don't believe you have to be asked to be nominated. You can also be nominated by any club. For example Dick was nominated by Armoy I believe.

Dick has been quoted as saying he's wanting time with his family and Pj has unfinished work with loughgiel to complete. That being said, they'd probably consider it in the future.

the colonel

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 22, 2012, 11:13:10 AM
I don't believe you have to be asked to be nominated. You can also be nominated by any club. For example Dick was nominated by Armoy I believe.

Dick has been quoted as saying he's wanting time with his family and Pj has unfinished work with loughgiel to complete. That being said, they'd probably consider it in the future.

If someone was to nominate you I think the decent thing would be to at least ask the person if they are willing to go forward. That said, I was told it was your own club that nominated PJ?

NAG1

Just wondering how the back room staff would work if that was the case  ;)

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: the colonel on August 22, 2012, 11:15:45 AM

If someone was to nominate you I think the decent thing would be to at least ask the person if they are willing to go forward. That said, I was told it was your own club that nominated PJ?
yeah, it would have been a bit ignorant not to after the success we've had recently. And I agree about informing the person nominated btw.

the colonel

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 22, 2012, 11:46:00 AM

yeah, it would have been a bit ignorant not to after the success we've had recently. And I agree about informing the person nominated btw.

So PJ is interested?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: the colonel on August 22, 2012, 12:13:23 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 22, 2012, 11:46:00 AM

So PJ is interested?
I haven't spoke to him in a while colonel, the last time I spoke with him he wasn't. But sure, that might have changed or might not have.

winker3716

In my humble opinion, bring back Dinnie C. Alternatively, approach Justin McCarthy, Donal O'Grady.  Keep it outside the county.  Coaching is one thing, managing is a completely different can of worms, also together.  This county needs to be managed from the top down, at admin and team levels.  We can play hurling in Antrim, what we need to do is apply it in the right form and have strategy and tactics managed.

Johnston can coach, there is no doubt, but as for respect of the players and managerial ability, well, lets not go there!  :o
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"