Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breakingball78

Very good referee performance from Stephen Campbell. He looks like a man that would fit in well with the inter county referees. Give that man credit where credits due.

sam03/05

Thought the ref had a poor game to be honest

Wee Roddy

Anyone who thought they game was reffed well must be a ref himself. I thought he was utterly pathetic . Look how handy the Canavan's got free compared to Marty P.
Fair play to Errigal though. Worthy champions and will give Glen their fill of it

Snapchap

Quote from: breakingball78 on October 30, 2022, 06:28:10 PM
Very good referee performance from Stephen Campbell. He looks like a man that would fit in well with the inter county referees. Give that man credit where credits due.

You must be joking??

clarshack

I thought Stephen had a great game and if he didn't I would say so.

Under Lights

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 30, 2022, 06:49:29 PM
Anyone who thought they game was reffed well must be a ref himself. I thought he was utterly pathetic . Look how handy the Canavan's got free compared to Marty P.
Fair play to Errigal though. Worthy champions and will give Glen their fill of it

Your looking at it through green white and gold glasses matey.  For the neutral, the ref was grand, didn't influence the result.

Under Lights

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 30, 2022, 06:49:29 PM

Marty out muscled so much in first half, great opening 10 mins in second half but two great balls went into him in a row around 20 mins into second half and he failed to get hands on them, legs had gone. Should have been replaced at this stage. Thought Carmen poor on the line

OrchardOrange

Quote from: sam03/05 on October 30, 2022, 06:40:27 PM
Thought the ref had a poor game to be honest

I thought he was ok. Could Penrose have seen red for the alleged stamp?  Would like to have seen a replay.  Carrickmore player should have received a black card on 45 mins dragging the player to the ground to stop a swift counter attack when possession was lost.  Thought Carrickmore should have had a late free in when Quinn(?) clipped his heels, but ref waved play on.

Otherwise he did not get many calls wrong. Great final for the neutral.

Throw It Up Ref

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 30, 2022, 07:35:43 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 30, 2022, 11:49:59 AM
Quote from: Tyrone2021 on October 30, 2022, 08:49:46 AM
Jesus must have been some blow moy manager got as moy Facebook state "needed hospital treatment". Also good luck to Carrickmore today let's bring home number 16!

I wouldn't be surprised to see this go further than the football field. The man was assaulted and subsequently hospitalised. It was an act of absolute thuggery. I will wait and see if Clonoe wish the manager a speedy recovery in their social media summary. If he did that on the street he would be looking at time.
With respect, it would be fairly seldom and would require an entirely specific set of circumstances for someone to go to jail for giving someone a bloody nose on the street. Probably happens every weekend, the length & breadth of the country with no prosecution. Certainly not something we need in our games but neither is the hyperbole.

Reports this evening are that the manager has a broken eye socket and the full forward a broken jaw. Not something that happens the length and breadth of the country. If true it just shows how dangerous these actions are.

square_ball

Why was Aidan McCrory unavailable today? Munroe was a huge loss for Carrickmore.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Throw It Up Ref on October 30, 2022, 07:49:19 PM
Jesus must have been some blow moy manager got as moy Facebook state "needed hospital treatment". Also good luck to Carrickmore today let's bring home number 16!

I wouldn't be surprised to see this go further than the football field. The man was assaulted and subsequently hospitalised. It was an act of absolute thuggery. I will wait and see if Clonoe wish the manager a speedy recovery in their social media summary. If he did that on the street he would be looking at time.
With respect, it would be fairly seldom and would require an entirely specific set of circumstances for someone to go to jail for giving someone a bloody nose on the street. Probably happens every weekend, the length & breadth of the country with no prosecution. Certainly not something we need in our games but neither is the hyperbole.

Reports this evening are that the manager has a broken eye socket and the full forward a broken jaw. Not something that happens the length and breadth of the country. If true it just shows how dangerous these actions are.

The incidents didn't occur during a row either. Both men had their hands by their side when struck. Time was near up with Clonoe losing and no other major flashpoints during the game. This stuff shouldn't go unpunished because it happened on a pitch.

Eire90

could it get to the point the wrong person is hit and some sort of groups get involved

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 30, 2022, 09:04:31 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on October 30, 2022, 08:37:03 PM
Quote from: Throw It Up Ref on October 30, 2022, 07:49:19 PM

The incidents didn't occur during a row either. Both men had their hands by their side when struck. Time was near up with Clonoe losing and no other major flashpoints during the game. This stuff shouldn't go unpunished because it happened on a pitch.
Hmmm..."during a row"....the Moy manager was on the field, engaged in a "heated verbal discussion" with the Clonoe player who hit him.

I mean, I don't think we're on a different hymn sheet. It's not acceptable and I have long called for the GAA to issue heavier punishments, however, there would need to be a consistency. For example, the reaction of the Moy goalkeeper to run 20m throwing punches, to me, is understandable but, for you, I imagine it's jail time?

The Moy keeper was a fool, he reacted by running towards the clonoe player and made a feeble attempt to retaliate the original assault (GBH) and was correctly dismissed that could cost his club next day out. What he didn't do was strike a player with any force to leave him unable to leave the pitch without the need for medical attention.

I'm not sure if the Moy manager was on the field, he was certainly outside of what would be a technical area. If that's the bar for being hospitalised then the Clonoe Manager never left the field and possibly sent off twice in the game.

There was recordings of the game in the stand. It will be interesting to see what comes off it and what suspensions are dished out
Living the dream!!!

Wildweasel74

Too many lads think they can drop anybody with no consequences, about time serious suspensions dealt out and if a man hospitalised, police involvement.