Smoothies...

Started by Celt_Man, January 30, 2012, 07:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

2 bananas, some milk, better than what youd get int'shops;

also, buy some of that frozen fruit, raspberries,blueberries etc, you get a mixture of fruits, far cheaper than eg fresh blueberries, handful of that, some natural yoghurt and oj, bootiful, just bootiful

keep it simple as previous posters have said, mix too much surely the flavour gets lost;

some of the more educated could also tell you bout throwin in some protein, flaxseed etc;

havent had one in ages admittedly.......

johnneycool

Are you using a juicer or an ordinary blender?

gander

banana, fat free strawberry yogurt, orange juice, couple of scoops of porridge oats and some milk makes a handy one for breakfast.  I got a hand blender too, 2 seconds under the tap and it clean.

The Iceman

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 31, 2012, 04:27:51 AM
Anybody seen the film Fat Sick and Nearly Dead?  All about an Australian boy who got into juicing to get his weight under control.

I've started juicing vegetables myself, but Jesus it's a day's work!  Takes about half an hour to clean the damn thing when you're done, and all for a pint of vegetable juice!  I need to experiment a bit more with my recipes though, my boss is into juicing now and he makes a very nice drink.  Mine is still a bit on the bitter side and you can't exactly gulp it down, I find myself having to sip it.  A mate at work reckons you can add in a bit of fruit juice to sweeten it a bit, so I might try that.

I've been throwing in kale, broccoli, lettuce, beets, cress, arugula, and about half a dozen other things that I can't remember the name of.  Have to say I've lost the 3pm sugar crash/craving, and I'm not exactly juicing every day as a 100% substitute for all other food.

For smoothies I'll usually throw in a banana, a handful of strawberries, raspberries, orange juice, yoghurt and a bit of protein for good measure. Would the strawberries count as a high sugar fruit?
Watched the documentary and thought it was great. Did a juice cleanse a few times now and juice neraly every day. Consider getting a new juicer if it takes forever to clean. I have the Jack Lalyane one and you can rinse it off in about 3 mins total work.
Trick with juicing veggies is to throw in some fruit or sweet veggies. All those greens you mentioned would be handier consumed if you throw in a peeled lemon.
Carrots and beets are good for sweetening things up but I'd watch out for the excess sugar.
Puck is a big fan of the juicing from what i remember too.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Onion Bag

Strawberries and Vanilla ice cream, beautiful strawberry milkshake
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!