Building a house

Started by JimStynes, February 26, 2011, 04:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

offtheground

Whats the approx cost of getting someone to submit an application for outline planning - including drawing up block plans etc?

Hereiam

Can range from £100-£300 depends where you are and what your applying for.

blewuporstuffed

Whats the chances of PPS21 being changed relaxed in the near future?
would now be a good or bad time to buy a site if you are considering building?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Hereiam

With the new super councils the way planning applications are dealt with is changing and there was talk of new guidelines coming out to help with this.
What it means is that the local councillors are to make the decision whether or not they agree with the planning decision on each site. I would say we will be back to a brown envelope situation.
If I where you I would wait until this system is up a running you might have a better choice of site.

offtheground

According to the ministers statement in Feb; http://www.planningni.gov.uk/index/policy/draft_spps_minister_s_statement_to_the_assembly_04_02_2014.pdf
the new Strategic Planning Policy Statement for Northern Ireland (SPPS) will consolidate all the planning polices , i'm not sure if this means a loosening of the criteria or if each council will have to draw up their own policies based on the existing PPS21?

They say they will Publish SPPS in final form in Autumn / Winter 2014/15

Hereiam

Its all in the wording. The new policy is saying that a new dwelling must either visually integrate with the surrounding countryside of with a cluster of existing buildings which is a bit of a change from pps21. Time will tell.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Hereiam on October 01, 2014, 03:26:34 PM
Its all in the wording. The new policy is saying that a new dwelling must either visually integrate with the surrounding countryside of with a cluster of existing buildings which is a bit of a change from pps21. Time will tell.
So there may be better chance of getting planning on a fresh rural site as longas it 'visually integrates with the countryside' ?

Its a pain in the a$$ at the minute for anyone who wants to live rurally.EItehr the sites are just not there and the planning is prohibitive of getting a site passed or any existing sites theya re still looking crazy moneya s they over paid for them in the boom times.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

offtheground

Heriam - Is there any mention of dwellings on Farms in the new policy? Specifically this nonsense around length of time a farm is established or length of time since it had another site passed?
Are you looking at the draft version on the planning website?

FL/MAYO

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 30, 2014, 10:44:00 PM
Don't mind those residency clauses fl sure tis Ireland we are talking about and there are always loophole s

LOL Deel, I'll be calling for legal advise..

HiMucker

I have recently moved house and I am laying a whack of insulation down in the roof space, (cant believe it passed building control as there was feck all!) and was wondering should I also get the Kingspan foam to put in between the rafters running down the roof as well as the fibre glass stuff I am laying on the flat of the roof space?  Or is there no need for both?

Hereiam

Just lay the fiberglass on the flat. 2 layers of 150mm one between the ceiling joists and the other layer going across the joists. No need for any on the slope of the roof.

HiMucker

Cheers lad, was thinking it might be over kill.  Thanks

Hereiam

Does anyone know anywhere that you can get Tarmac tested to see if the correct mix was used. I know Queens can test concrete but can they test Tarmac

illdecide

Quote from: Hereiam on October 31, 2014, 09:50:04 AM
Does anyone know anywhere that you can get Tarmac tested to see if the correct mix was used. I know Queens can test concrete but can they test Tarmac

They do but they're not big into it, more into concrete and soil mechanics. UUJ are big into it as the girl facing me done a PHD on Bitmac and Asphalt there.
When you say the correct mix do you mean the courses (base course and wearing course) or do you the actual Bitumen content ratio with stone?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hereiam

What I have is a client that got SMA tarmac put down 6 months ago that is now starting to deteriorate where they turn the car. They wants to get the top coat tested to see if it is what its supposed to be.
Have you a contact number for her.