Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesusjones

Good highlights of yesterday's matches on the BBC website. Mark Sidebottom critical of both referees during the commentary.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 16, 2019, 12:28:33 PM
Good highlights of yesterday's matches on the BBC website. Mark Sidebottom critical of both referees during the commentary.

Out of all the good points yesterday, Sidebottom/BBC had to include the incident with Watson and the corner back.

Two very enjoyable games, I thought Cushendall had the beating of St Johns when the half time whistle blew. St Johns took their chances from placed balls and fair play.

I thought Dunloy were well worth their victory.

Last Man

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 16, 2019, 12:37:52 PM

Out of all the good points yesterday, Sidebottom/BBC had to include the incident with Watson and the corner back.

Two very enjoyable games, I thought Cushendall had the beating of St Johns when the half time whistle blew. St Johns took their chances from placed balls and fair play.

If you were Jamie Bryson you would think there's a bit of editorial direction to do so but I think its just him, as a wee bit of controversy gets more hits and raises his own profile. Thats the media game. Stick to the Saffron Gael for the real story.

Jesusjones

Thought St. John's got a few handy frees. The thing with Watson and the corner back was a bit of handbags. Nothing in it worth talking about. He can still take a score when he gets a chance. Pity the other Loughgiel forwards didn't support him. Dunloy had a far better spread of scores and more options up front and that was the difference.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 16, 2019, 01:14:08 PM

Thought St. John's got a few handy frees. The thing with Watson and the corner back was a bit of handbags. Nothing in it worth talking about. He can still take a score when he gets a chance. Pity the other Loughgiel forwards didn't support him. Dunloy had a far better spread of scores and more options up front and that was the difference.

A few handy frees? Quite alot...

Watson still has it surely..

Jesusjones

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 16, 2019, 01:33:18 PM

Was trying to be diplomatic... But yeah, quite a lot.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 16, 2019, 01:46:51 PM

No point being diplomatic.. I'd love to see a re run and do a free count.

Minder

Quote from: Last Man on September 16, 2019, 01:09:15 PM

If you were Jamie Bryson you would think there's a bit of editorial direction to do so but I think its just him, as a wee bit of controversy gets more hits and raises his own profile. Thats the media game. Stick to the Saffron Gael for the real story.

Ah come on Sidebottom isn't one for raising his own profile in fairness, doesent have Twitter or Facebook profiles as far as I know and he's well enough known at this stage in Gaa circles.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

paddyjohn

Quote from: Minder on September 16, 2019, 02:06:40 PM
Quote from: Last Man on September 16, 2019, 01:09:15 PM

Ah come on Sidebottom isn't one for raising his own profile in fairness, doesent have Twitter or Facebook profiles as far as I know and he's well enough known at this stage in Gaa circles.

Have you ever been at a Gala dinner with him as MC?

Straighttalker76

Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 16, 2019, 10:57:08 AM
Was it a shock for Faughs to win? Were they not big underdogs going into it?

I don't think it was a massive shock because there is a fair bit of talent in that carey squad and we all know that league form goes out the window come championship and i honestly think although st endas will start the final as massive favourites carey could well upset the odds

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Straighttalker76 on September 16, 2019, 03:47:17 PM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 16, 2019, 10:57:08 AM
Was it a shock for Faughs to win? Were they not big underdogs going into it?

I don't think it was a massive shock because there is a fair bit of talent in that carey squad and we all know that league form goes out the window come championship and i honestly think although st endas will start the final as massive favourites carey could well upset the odds
If the Faughs did get through St Endas surely it would be one of the first times the Antrim club wouldn't be the favourite for the Ulster Intermediate

Straighttalker76

Well if st endas won and your saying saying they would be favourites for Ulster then surely if carey beat them.then they would have to be favourites not that it would matter because being given a favourite tag does not win you anything  it guts passion desire work rate hunger and never giving up that wins you championships and I think that carey team showed all of the above on Saturday.

Seamroga in exile

Being diplomatic as always, I'm sure skinny won't be the referee in the replay.

By the way. We'll done M...   Dunloy. Congrats.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Jesusjones

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 16, 2019, 01:59:38 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on September 16, 2019, 01:46:51 PM

No point being diplomatic.. I'd love to see a re run and do a free count.
Can't give you the total free count but scorable frees McManus 0-4 from 5. Nugent 0-11 from 12.

As I see it

Skinny made a few poor calls but Dall were appealing for absolutely everything a lot of them were frees through silly tackles ,every time someone got ball in hand they were shouting steps or every hand pass they were calling for a throw,Dall should have pushed on when 8 up then the poor calls would have been irrelevant.
Dunloy learnt lessons from last year and were better team ,molloy took a lot of abuse and was unlucky not to have been awarded more frees Loughguile seemed to get them handier at the other end