Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Holy shit!!!!  :o :o :o :o

Miocic vs Cormier for the HW title at UFC 226

gallsman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 26, 2018, 11:21:16 PM
Holy shit!!!!  :o :o :o :o

Miocic vs Cormier for the HW title at UFC 226

Have just seen this. Unbelievable if it happens. Chat of three champion Vs champion fights at 226. DC Vs Stipe, Mighty Mouse Vs TJ and Cyborg Vs Nunes. Make it happen.

Syferus

To me it reads like the UFC is running out of ideas and out of stars.

gallsman

Quote from: Syferus on January 27, 2018, 01:12:38 AM
To me it reads like the UFC is running out of ideas and out of stars.

That's definitely the case. Doesn't mean it's not a good idea. DC absolutely ragdolled some all time great heavyweights in his time there.

Smokin Joe

Just watching UFC London's prelims.

Paul Craig (Scottish Light Heavyweight) lost every round.  He got a triangle right at the end and his Russian opponent tapped out at 4mins 59secs of the final round!!!

Never seen an ending like that before.

gallsman

Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 17, 2018, 07:44:16 PM
Just watching UFC London's prelims.

Paul Craig (Scottish Light Heavyweight) lost every round.  He got a triangle right at the end and his Russian opponent tapped out at 4mins 59secs of the final round!!!

Never seen an ending like that before.

Julio Cesar Chavez Vs Meldrick Taylor in boxing.

Not quite as late either but Anderson Silva was clearly losing by a distance in the first Sonnen fight when he caught him in a triangle.

Smokin Joe

And Leon Edwards stopped his opponent at 4mins 59secs of the final round as well!!

2 finishes on the one card in the last second.

gallsman

Two unimpressive showings in a row from Firekid Duquesnoy. Not sure he's going to make it.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: gallsman on March 17, 2018, 10:09:31 PM
Two unimpressive showings in a row from Firekid Duquesnoy. Not sure he's going to make it.

How did he get that decision?

gallsman

Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 17, 2018, 10:11:46 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 17, 2018, 10:09:31 PM

How did he get that decision?

It was absolutely the right decision.

Gabriel_Hurl

Ferguson is out of the fight next weekend - Max Holloway steps in

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/980577727882387466

bennydorano

What's the story with McGregor?  It is a powerplay staying away?  A genuine break? Gone from UFC? I heard something of a Mayweather rematch and thought no way people are falling for that a 2nd time.

gallsman

Four years in a row that fight has been scheduled only to fall through. Freak accident too.

Holloway stepping up though is absolutely huge. As brilliant as he is, I'd fancy Khabeeb to absolutely rag doll him all night.

Interestingly, with McGregor as champion and Ferguson as interim champion, Dana has said this fight is for the lightweight title. The joke just keeps going.

nrico2006

Quote from: bennydorano on April 02, 2018, 08:40:57 AM
What's the story with McGregor?  It is a powerplay staying away?  A genuine break? Gone from UFC? I heard something of a Mayweather rematch and thought no way people are falling for that a 2nd time.

Be alot of interest in a rematch in the octagon.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bennydorano

No way, Egotistical and all as Mayweather is he's bound to realise he'd be murdered - in a lot less safer environment than the boxing ring.