Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser soze

Hard to fathom the levels of hatred so many people have for cyclists, they must be getting stuck behind ignorant cyclists on a daily basis for long periods.

I hope none of you ever have the misfortune to be in accident with a cyclist as the comments on here could easily be used to prove intent on your part. 

BarryBreensBandage

I don't cycle the roads, don't mind cyclists generally, but there two scenarios where they have me raging at them.

1. Cyclists who cycle country roads between 8 and 9am, or 5-6pm. Not only do I think they dangerously foolish, it causes no end of frustration when trying to overtake for a lot of people. Get up earlier or go out later if it is that important!

2. A queue of traffic is behind a group of cyclists, again on a minor road, and the traffic has slowed that much that the cyclists you have already overtaken are travelling faster than you and pass on the inside to rejoin their mates! When it was them that caused the queue in the first place! This has happened me on a few occasions.

Agree with the cycle lanes though - should be on every new road, but then again most of the roads themselves in NI are in a shocking state.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

trailer

I think if everyone just shared the road a little bit more and looked for out for their fellow man, then a lot of this could all be avoided.

Just take a minute, breathe, it'll be grand, you'll get there.

laoislad

Quote from: trailer on June 19, 2018, 05:01:22 PM
I think if everyone just shared the road a little bit more and looked for out for their fellow man, then a lot of this could all be avoided.

Yeah but what if it was Phil Mickelson on the bike holding you up?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thebuzz

I ride a Belfast Bike and have to admit I break a lot of rules like cycling on the pavement and jumping the odd light when there's no other traffic about.

However years ago when six of us cycled to Donegal we moved into single file every time we heard a car behind us.

I can't get why a group of cyclists nowadays can't do that out of courtesy on a busy road?

trailer

Quote from: laoislad on June 19, 2018, 05:06:25 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 19, 2018, 05:01:22 PM

Yeah but what if it was Phil Mickelson on the bike holding you up?

I'd wait till he stopped rolling. Mark him. Then drive over the ****.
I definitely wouldn't touch him until he'd come to a complete stop.

Rois

i've a new-found patience after making my way up and back down the mountain roads into the Dolomites and down to Lake Garda, driving a hairdryer masquerading as a car, on tiny switchback roads. But nothing to be done - so many cyclists there on holidays, just have to take it handy and expect a cyclist at every turn.
Though seriously, why would any of you put yourselves through that on holiday? Looks class though  8) 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thebuzz on June 19, 2018, 05:19:00 PM
I ride a Belfast Bike and have to admit I break a lot of rules like cycling on the pavement and jumping the odd light when there's no other traffic about.

However years ago when six of us cycled to Donegal we moved into single file every time we heard a car behind us.

I can't get why a group of cyclists nowadays can't do that out of courtesy on a busy road?
Wobbled covered that - they're c***ts.

armaghniac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 19, 2018, 08:08:44 PM
Quote from: thebuzz on June 19, 2018, 05:19:00 PM

Wobbled covered that - they're c***ts.

Worse than that, they are self righteous c***nts, they would make a 1950s bishop look self effacing.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

It's all great craic posting up what big men you are and what you'd love to do to cyclists, some day one of you will try to learn a cyclist some manners by clipping him/her with your wing mirror and putting them off the road and when you have to face some grieving wife/mother/child that you just killed their husband/father/son etc and you have to live with that for the rest of your life don't come looking sympathy from me.
It's all great craic until you read how many cyclists have been killed...wise up you tools.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

macdanger2

I drive my daily commute in Dublin and I find a LOT more bad and dangerous drivers than I do cyclists

armaghniac

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 19, 2018, 11:45:04 PM
I drive my daily commute in Dublin and I find a LOT more bad and dangerous drivers than I do cyclists

Of course you do, they are all on the footpath, not the road.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: illdecide on June 19, 2018, 11:40:02 PM
It's all great craic posting up what big men you are and what you'd love to do to cyclists, some day one of you will try to learn a cyclist some manners by clipping him/her with your wing mirror and putting them off the road and when you have to face some grieving wife/mother/child that you just killed their husband/father/son etc and you have to live with that for the rest of your life don't come looking sympathy from me.
It's all great craic until you read how many cyclists have been killed...wise up you tools.

Do you honestly think the dickheads on here would actually do something? No balls and full of shite springs to mind.. keyboard warriors..probably some geek
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Quote from: illdecide on June 19, 2018, 11:40:02 PM

Yeah, that's definitely it. A few lads having a jokey whinge about the eternal cyclist Vs driver battle are going to device to go out and "put some manners" on a cyclist by driving into one.

bennydorano

I know a couple of cyclists who now have recording devices on the rear of their bikes, not sure it's doing them any good (mentally anyway) as it's bringing home how vulnerable we really are and how much some motorists don't give a f**k. Some young fellas with the R plates reported to the cops within the first week of use.

As mentioned earlier by someone else phone use whilst driving is really scary. The amount of people doing it is ridiculous.