Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

That was last week - and i had to google to find it. I saw the story I've referred to everywhere on Tuesday. I don't look for news beyond the major outlets. My email provider and a few other sites I use have news sections which are forced onto me, so they have an element of control over what I (and most of the online population) see.

They clearly didn't deem that rape and murder you refer to as newsworthy, but they did a minor sexual assault. That is my point.

Syferus

Quote from: haranguerer on January 18, 2018, 12:20:45 PM
You said no-one was saying patting someone on the butt was the same as rape, I'm pointing out that there was a far greater media reaction to someone being patted on the butt yesterday than there was to the (doubtless many) rapes that took place.

Obviously all sexual assault is wrong, the rest of what you've written is drivel.

Please don't pull something out of your arse so obviously and then claim what someone else has said is drivel.

haranguerer

How is that pulled out of my arse? Did it not get massive media coverage on that day, moreso than any rape that took place?

The rest of your post was drivel because you just went on a morally outraged spiel in an attempt to impress an imaginary audience with your strong sense of justice. That's exactly the issue with these topics, there's always someone so needy for approval they just join in with the lynch mob and shout down other views using arguments they are regurgitating.

Catherine Deneuve was castigated for having her opinion, and was forced to apologise, no doubt Brigitte Bardot will similarly be. Does anyone think that they were condoning rape or sexual assault? Is it good to shut down anyone who doesn't agree with you? They're right, it definitely is going too far. The Aziz Ansari claim was absolutely ludicrous. Worldwide coverage of a girl having her ass patted similarly so. No doubt that makes me a rape/sexual assault apologist  ::), but I'd rather say (elements of) what i think rather than place myself in an echo chamber.

trileacman

Quote from: haranguerer on January 18, 2018, 03:37:21 PM
How is that pulled out of my arse? Did it not get massive media coverage on that day, moreso than any rape that took place?

The rest of your post was drivel because you just went on a morally outraged spiel in an attempt to impress an imaginary audience with your strong sense of justice. That's exactly the issue with these topics, there's always someone so needy for approval they just join in with the lynch mob and shout down other views using arguments they are regurgitating.

Catherine Deneuve was castigated for having her opinion, and was forced to apologise, no doubt Brigitte Bardot will similarly be. Does anyone think that they were condoning rape or sexual assault? Is it good to shut down anyone who doesn't agree with you? They're right, it definitely is going too far. The Aziz Ansari claim was absolutely ludicrous. Worldwide coverage of a girl having her ass patted similarly so. No doubt that makes me a rape/sexual assault apologist  ::), but I'd rather say (elements of) what i think rather than place myself in an echo chamber.

Don't waste your time with this gombeen. He believes calling Keita a defensive midfielder is racist. Everybody's a victim in Syf world.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Syferus

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2018/jan/18/sexual-assault-and-harassment-rife-at-united-nations-staff-claim

This stuff happens everywhere. And until a few months ago a lot of it was being shoved under the rug in the nonchalant manner Damon was attempting to.

Ask your girlfriends or wives what they and their friends put up with on a daily basis and you might start to have some empathy for the issue.

trileacman

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on January 19, 2018, 12:11:11 AM
https://www.dailyedge.ie/white-moose-cafe-3801787-Jan2018/

Quote"Social media influencer"

That white moose cafe lad is a w**ker too though. I had an acquaintance a few years ago who visited his place, she was a nice enough person, opinionated but generally harmless and wouldn't do anyone any great harm. She was an obese, mid-30's woman and she gave the cafe a poor review on FB, trip adviser and the likes and he proceeded to tear her to shreds very publicly about her gluttonous behavior. More or less he called her a fat b1tch. It was a dirty enough act and championed quite vocally by a crowd of wankers who thought it was funny. I wouldn't have passed remarks on it only for the fact I knew her.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

haranguerer

When a pair of attention seeking c***ts collide...

theskull1

Just how many obese people work in hospitals. Of all places.......
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Gmac

When ur driving and no matter how many radio stations u flick through ed sheeran is on everyone of them

seafoid

Https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/31/larry-nassar-sexual-abuse-sentencing-hearing

Brianne Randall-Gay was 17 when she was treated for scoliosis by Nassar, who massaged her breasts and attempted to put his fingers in her vagina. Randall-Gay's mother subsequently complained to Meridian Township police department. However, Nassar said the treatment was part of "a medical technique known as Sacrotuberous Ligament Release" and gave police a PowerPoint presentation on the subject.

Police decided not to send the case to prosectors as they accepted Nassar's explanation. It would be more than a decade until Nassar was brought to justice, during which time he abused dozens of female athletes under the guise of medical treatment.

"We missed it," Meridian Township's manager, Frank Walsh, said on Wednesday. "We're not going to hide it. We were deceived."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Dimi Reider

@reider

ยท

19h

American man wins a million dollars. His first priority is to go see a doctor, because he hasn't been able to afford one in a while. Doctor tells he him he has Stage 4 cancer. Man dies. America, you are a weird and broken place.

Lottery winner dies weeks after cashing in $1M scratch-off ticket

http://abc7chicago.com/amp/hobbies/lottery-winner-dies-weeks-after-cashing-in-$1m-scratch-off-ticket/3008129/

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

MoChara

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/amanda-knox-sings-proira-song-in-irish-tv-36566961.html

Amanda Knox, the American woman convicted and later cleared of the murder of British student Meredith Kercher in 2007, left a top RTE presenter stunned by singing a chorus from a song celebrating the IRA during the War of Independence.

The 30-year-old appeared on Ray D'Arcy's popular Thursday night chat show to speak about her time in prison, the final twists of her fight to freedom, and her life before and after the highly publicised trial.

In a bizarre segment of the interview, Knox sang a line from Come Out Ye Black And Tans.

She explained that an Irish supporter had sent her a CD of the 50 most popular Irish rebel songs while she was in prison.

"My world collapsed," Knox said.

"I didn't realise that the world was so unfair.

"That was not something that I grew up with.

"That was something that a lot of Irish supporters of mine felt.

"I got letters from lots of Irish people who really understood, like, of course, authority taking advantage of a vulnerable person and spinning it in a bad way, of course, we know that.

"They sent me Irish rebel songs and everything... they sent me this CD of the 50 most popular ones.

"You know, there's like, Come out you Black and Tans and fight me like a man'," she said, giggling.

"That's the oddest thing I've ever witnessed," chat show host D'Arcy said after Knox's impromptu performance. The one-time murder accused said that she didn't really know what the songs were about.

"It was great, and I had no idea what they were talking about, like "slandering Parnell" and I didn't know what any of that meant.

"I just understood the fighting spirit of it, and I appreciated that."

Meredith Kercher was 21 when she was murdered in Perugia, an Italian provincial town, in 2007.

She was found dead in a pool of blood in her bedroom.

Three people were eventually charged with her murder: Knox, Rafaello Sollecito, Knox's boyfriend, and local man Rudy Guede.

Knox and Sollecito were found guilty in 2009, but freed on appeal two years later.

They were convicted again of the murder in 2014, but ultimately the pair were finally acquitted of the murder by the Italian Supreme Court in 2015.

Guede was convicted under a different 'fast-track' legal route, and was given a 16-year sentence.

Last month Knox told a US audience at Roanoke College, Virginia, that she had been cast as a "she-devil".

"I believed that didn't matter because only truth mattered," she said.

"The nonsense spattered about me didn't matter.

"I thought it just showed that it was a weak case.

"I still believed there was a light at the end of the tunnel because the truth mattered," local paper the Roanoke Times reported.

Belfast Telegraph