Heaney blasts BBCNI

Started by bennydorano, November 06, 2007, 09:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: Bensars on November 06, 2007, 02:07:53 PM
My apologies ziggy, ailsa.orr@bbc.co.uk.    Typo on my part.

Greencastle got another mention. !     Its all your fault ziggy. We're paying for you' un's basking in the glory of croke Park ! ;)

Another mention? What you mean? Didn't hear the radio this morning.
Testing Accessibility

Bensars

Quote from: ziggysego on November 06, 2007, 02:13:10 PM

Greencastle got another mention. !     Its all your fault ziggy. We're paying for you' un's basking in the glory of croke Park ! ;)

Shane Glynn is the Executive Producer of Sport, said that the BBC followed Greencastle to Croke park, and to cut a long story short, no money in the budget for any other coverage

ziggysego

Quote from: Bensars on November 06, 2007, 02:15:20 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on November 06, 2007, 02:13:10 PM

Shane Glynn is the Executive Producer of Sport, said that the BBC followed Greencastle to Croke park, and to cut a long story short, no money in the budget for any other coverage

Damn, shouldn't have linked the Greencastle website at the bottom of my emails..... ;)
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Has anyone noticed the picture the BBC used on the 606 page for the weekend's games?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A28755318
Testing Accessibility

bennydorano

Quote from: Doire abú on November 06, 2007, 01:40:06 PM
Quote from: snatter on November 06, 2007, 01:08:59 PM
Maybe if they took their heads from out of their NI soccer loving arses.

Agree. The ultimate disgrace was after the six counties beat England and BBC NI reported it in a "This victory had brought the once divided people of Northern Ireland together. Isn't it great that sport can knock down the barriers between nationalists and unionists in our wee country?".

Cringe worthy.
To top that, wasn't Irish News editor Noel Doran dragged onto Radio Ulster to explain why the front page of the Irish News wasn't devoted to coverage of the victory ::)

Leo

Quote from: bennydorano on November 06, 2007, 03:13:23 PM
Quote from: Doire abú on November 06, 2007, 01:40:06 PM
Quote from: snatter on November 06, 2007, 01:08:59 PM
Maybe if they took their heads from out of their NI soccer loving arses.

Agree. The ultimate disgrace was after the six counties beat England and BBC NI reported it in a "This victory had brought the once divided people of Northern Ireland together. Isn't it great that sport can knock down the barriers between nationalists and unionists in our wee country?".

Cringe worthy.

And what was the attendance at that game? 14,000 I believe. As my Tyrone mate put it - you'd get more people round the chip van in Clones.
Have to agree that the GAA could also do a lot more than they seem to both interms of proactive approach, and facilities. Would ulstyer Council lobby for a licence boycott?

To top that, wasn't Irish News editor Noel Doran dragged onto Radio Ulster to explain why the front page of the Irish News wasn't devoted to coverage of the victory ::)
Fierce tame altogether

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ziggysego

Sent the emails.

Filled in the official complaints form.

Telephoned. Incidentially, the guy at the other end of the phone never heard of the GAA. He did have an Belfast accent. Go figure...
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Fair play to Paddy Heaney - credit where credit is due ! Keep on complaining.

Square Ball

I think we should elect Paddy as the official spokesman of this thread, wonder does he trawl through here looking for inspiration?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Tyrone Dreamer

Complaint done. Theres no way motorcylcling is the biggest spectator sport in the country - the gaa is a by mile. I know the north west gets over 10000 for 1 weekend in the year buts its still miles behind gaelic. There was a number of weekends during the summer when over 150,000 attended championship games in Ireland.

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

raisins

The North West gets over 100,000 at the event. Not 10,000. Just to keep you right.

Tyrone Dreamer

That was a typing mistake, my point still stands.

Gold

Paddy was bang on

I left Casement on Sunday, got staight in the car, hit Radio Ulster--wot did i get ?? some woman singing about Jesus

Was fuckin cursin as i wanted to hear about the other games as well as intermediate and junior. Went home and hit teletext, saw results but it said match report to follow--not good enough

Roll on our Campaign
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."