Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orchard 8195

Quote from: screenexile on May 12, 2011, 10:56:48 PM
Watched Thor the other night and it was quite enjoyable. Worth a watch!

Anyone seen Hanna yet? It looks like a good movie.

Watched it last night, very weird film and the storyline wasnt really what i expected. Some good action scenes but disappointing to say the least.

Capt Pat

Quote from: orchard 8195 on May 12, 2011, 11:20:29 PM

Watched it last night, very weird film and the storyline wasnt really what i expected. So
me good action scenes but disappointing to say the least.

Adapt or die. I thought it was quite good, well worth a watch

Canalman

Saw the King's Speech last night. Extremely average and can't see what all the fuss was about.

Radda bout yeee

Do movies generally still be released in US first and then in Ireland (other countries) a while later or is it a universal release for it now?

laoislad

Insidious...
Sweet Jesus  :o
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Worker

Watched recount recently.

pure drivel.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: laoislad on May 17, 2011, 10:29:24 PM
Insidious...
Right so, Im not a fan of Horror genre at all, in fact i avoid as i cant get my head around enjoying being scared shitless, but the above movie my sisters boyfriend went to see with his uncle, hes a tank and about 6.5, and the uncle left this movie early couldnt handle it, and the other fella was shitting himself walking home, im curious as to how scary this is, there both fans of horrors and have never been as scared before..

surely couldnt be that scary?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 13, 2011, 10:50:41 AM
Do movies generally still be released in US first and then in Ireland (other countries) a while later or is it a universal release for it now?
Big movies get released at same time to prevent dodgy copies getting released online and denting the takings in the later markets.

laoislad

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 17, 2011, 11:04:41 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 17, 2011, 10:29:24 PM
Insidious...
Right so, Im not a fan of Horror genre at all, in fact i avoid as i cant get my head around enjoying being scared shitless, but the above movie my sisters boyfriend went to see with his uncle, hes a tank and about 6.5, and the uncle left this movie early couldnt handle it, and the other fella was shitting himself walking home, im curious as to how scary this is, there both fans of horrors and have never been as scared before..

surely couldnt be that scary?

It wasn't a comedy thats for sure...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

Going to hoke out Bladerunner tonight to give it another chance.  Watched it once before and thought it was pure dung.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Up The Middle

My woman dragged me to the cinema on Saturday night and watched Water for Elephants. Do yourselves a favour and DO NOT WATCH THIS
ELEPHANT MANURE
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

paco

Anyone ever seen Sometimes In April? Had never heard of it before, but seen it on Sky Atlantic tonight and your man Idris Elba from The Wire is in it, so I thought I'd watch it. Seems a good show so far.

Capt Pat

Quote from: paco on May 19, 2011, 11:05:13 PM
Anyone ever seen Sometimes In April? Had never heard of it before, but seen it on Sky Atlantic tonight and your man Idris Elba from The Wire is in it, so I thought I'd watch it. Seems a good show so far.

Wait for it to finish and then get back to us. I have developed the habit of using the i phone while watching movies helps break up the tension and scare factors of movies like insidious. It is a tense movie. Ihave gone off the really scary horror movies. I don't watch the scariest or gory bits.

paco

It was on a break as I wrote that, my only gripe with Sky Atlantic! Good show, although a bit hard to watch at times. I'm interested by this Insidious, although going by the reports I think I'll wait until it comes out on DVD...

Nally Stand

Quote from: orchard 8195 on May 12, 2011, 11:20:29 PM

Watched it last night, very weird film and the storyline wasnt really what i expected. Some good action scenes but disappointing to say the least.

To be honest it bored me senseless. Thought there was far too much of Saoirse Ronan just walking about. Very few action scenes and very little happening in the action scenes. Mostly just chasing. On foot.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore