Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: The Worker on April 07, 2011, 12:35:18 PM
does rooneys ban get extended for appealing?

No. Remains at 2 matches. Fulham (PL) and Man City (FA cup)

The Worker

Quote from: EC Unique on April 07, 2011, 12:38:50 PM

so what is the incentive not to appeal?

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: The Worker on April 07, 2011, 12:41:44 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on April 07, 2011, 12:38:50 PM

so what is the incentive not to appeal?

Before the penalty incident I would have said United definitely deserved to win as Chelsea, whilst chasing the game, had only a couple of decent chances - Evra's clearance and VDS's save from Torres header. Every other chance was a half chance. Stonewall penalty and very lucky to get away with it. But I don't care. Our last two games at Chelsea saw us lose because of bad refereeing decisions. Still a long way to go though. But Chelsea would want to live it big style, they were very poor. Where were Lampard and Essien all night?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 07, 2011, 09:11:04 AM
Quote from: laoislad on April 07, 2011, 07:37:44 AM
ross4life you are forever boring us all with stats so just for you here are the stats from last night,a game you say Manure deserved to win.
I didn't watch any of it as I had more interest in the Golf so I can only go by what the stats say...

Chelsea   Stats    Manchester United
0          Goals      1
0   1st Half Goals   1
7   Shots on Target   2
8   Shots off Target   1
6   Blocked Shots   5
3   Corners   5
15   Fouls   17
2   Offsides   3
4   Yellow Cards   2
0   Red Cards   0
83.9   Passing Success   73.1
16   Tackles   29
87.5   Tackles Success   69
57.2   Possession   42.8
55.4   Territorial Advantage   44.6

Going by them stats (as you always seem to do but strangely not for last nights game) I'd say a draw was a fair result especially as a stonewall peno was denied to Chelsea.

United were away from home and were set-up to hit Chelsea on the counter attack, which they did and could have had a few more.  Chelsea had more possession but apart from the bit of play before half time when the ball was cleared off the line, Chelsea didn't create many clear cut chances.  A 1-0 win for United was a fair result.

Umm...Chelsea hit the post, had a shot cleared off the line and had a stonewall penalty denied. And the best save made by either keeper on the night was VDS from Torres' header. United scored a good goal but I can't really remember them looking like scoring at all apart from that. To say they clearly deserved to win I think you would have to be wearing a powerful pair of red spectacles while watching the game.

nrico2006

Its funny seeing the old Liverpool heads taking over this thread again, what is even funnier is that most United fans are not even interested in going near the Liverpool thread these days and haven't been for a while. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

thebigfella

Personally I couldn't give a flying fcuk what Chelsea deserved, the result stands as is and hopefully Utd can kick on from it and win. Foul yes (I thought it was in the box but I may have to look again ;)), but the crying done by Chelsea (and everyone but Utd fans  ::)) is ridiculous considering the luck they had against Utd in recent games. They're attitude and body language suggests they are already beaten with the manager and team under serious pressure now to perform at Old Trafford; but on form this season, Chelsea don't react well to pressure.

Good to see not only has Torres turned into a complete dungbag but a diving tr**p too ;) Playing with Drogba (probably the best striker in the premiership) is doing wonders for his game.

supersarsfields

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 07, 2011, 01:46:12 PM
Its funny seeing the old Liverpool heads taking over this thread again, what is even funnier is that most United fans are not even interested in going near the Liverpool thread these days and haven't been for a while.

Quote from: EC Unique on April 07, 2011, 12:46:46 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 06, 2011, 10:45:37 PM
Quote from: laoislad on April 06, 2011, 10:06:14 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on April 06, 2011, 10:03:56 PM
Quote from: laoislad on April 06, 2011, 10:02:23 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 06, 2011, 10:01:36 PM
LeBron James to buy a stake in Liverpool  :o

Who he?

Best basketball player about (well apart from Kobe!)

Never heard of him! Why he investing in Liverpool?

You know all these XFactor shites but you don't know LeBron.. christ almighty RLL!!

Does it really suprise you Ross. The tabloids do not cover American sports you know.

Indeed.

Have to say fair play to NT for not doing more whining about the penalty decision. As clear a penalty as you'll see. A few posters on here would do well to take note and not file this one way in the Macheda (sp) hand ball bin!!

ross4life

I didn't watch any of it as I had more interest in the Golf so I can only go by what the stats say...

Who's the boring chap then? you remind me of a young child with a magazine e.g more interesting in the colourful pictures!

As i said already..with United's tactics in the 2nd half, the stats don't tell a true story on this occasion i'm afraid RLL.

The team with the best players,worked the hardest,won & deserved the win was Man United

one thing i can't change...

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Quote from: The Worker on April 07, 2011, 09:22:57 AM
united are nailed on for the treble now.

Where shall we rank this prediction? "it will be Chelseas year" "United will fight it out with spurs for 4th"

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Bingo

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 07, 2011, 01:46:12 PM

Yeah, at the end of day thats what its all about  - who posts on each others thread!

Even the lfc supporters don't post much these days = season is over while united very much in the mix for a treble, so its only logical that there would be more activity on the united thread.

The last time there was much happening on the lfc thread was when we beat ya's 3-1 at anfield not so long back and Nani was shot.

The Worker

Quote from: ross4life on April 07, 2011, 02:48:21 PM

Where shall we rank this prediction? "it will be Chelseas year" "United will fight it out with spurs for 4th"

?

the way i see it the path is clear (Bar barcelona) for a treble for alex the ballix to win, before retiring.

ross4life

Quote from: The Worker on April 07, 2011, 02:53:12 PM

?

the way i see it the path is clear (Bar barcelona) for a treble for alex the ballix to win, before retiring.

All quotes are from you this season! so your going for a treble of your own.

The Worker

Quote from: ross4life on April 07, 2011, 03:14:05 PM
Quote from: The Worker on April 07, 2011, 02:53:12 PM

?

All quotes are from you this season! so your going for a treble of your own.

how long you here now and you still cant work the quote function?

laoislad

Quote from: ross4life on April 07, 2011, 02:46:04 PM

As i said already..with United's tactics in the 2nd half, the stats don't tell a true story on this occasion i'm afraid RLL.

The team with the best players,worked the hardest,won & desevered the win was Man United
What you really mean is you shite on about stats when it suits you but you ignore them when they show you up for talking shite.
Then again the majority of what you post is shite.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ross4life

Quote from: laoislad on April 07, 2011, 03:55:38 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 07, 2011, 02:46:04 PM

The team with the best players,worked the hardest,won & desevered the win was Man United
What you really mean is you shite on about stats when it suits you but you ignore them when they show you up for talking shite.
Then again the majority of what you post is shite.

That's one hell of shite post!  :D