Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: ballinaman on January 23, 2018, 04:54:27 PM
Quote from: Hound on January 23, 2018, 04:52:27 PM
Was 7 jersey vacant? Who was the last holder of it?
Mempiss
Jeez forgot about him. Thought he looked deadly the first time I saw him, but I think I caught him on a particularly good day. Where is he now?

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Hound on January 23, 2018, 04:57:16 PM
Mempiss
Jeez forgot about him. Thought he looked deadly the first time I saw him, but I think I caught him on a particularly good day. Where is he now?

Scoring last minute screamers with Lyon to beat PSG.

Kidder81

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 23, 2018, 02:40:35 PM
Slowly but surely United are getting there, if you'd have told me inside 18 months Mourinho would have managed to bring Matic, Pogba, Lukaku & Sanchez to United I wouldn't have believed you. I hope Sanchez can be a success coming from right side of the attach, would solve a huge problem.

In terms of quality United's squad is probably on a par with City although their squad has better balance.

So no more excuses then from Mourinho ?

Jeepers Creepers

I'd say still a few signings off Mourinho being content.

Carmen Stateside

Slowly but surely United are getting there, if you'd have told me inside 18 months Mourinho would have managed to bring Matic, Pogba, Lukaku & Sanchez to United I wouldn't have believed you. I hope Sanchez can be a success coming from right side of the attach, would solve a huge problem.

In terms of quality United's squad is probably on a par with City although their squad has better balance.

Deluded!

screenexile

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 23, 2018, 09:22:40 PM

Deluded!

Enjoyed that comment myself... saved for a rainy day... usually against Burnley!!

Syferus

Quote from: OgraAnDun on January 23, 2018, 05:04:31 PM
Quote from: Hound on January 23, 2018, 04:57:16 PM
Mempiss

Scoring last minute screamers with Lyon to beat PSG.

They have a buy-back clause if he turns out to be any good.

gawa316

Phil managing the weeman...thought about putting this in the bitter thread but it seems to be getting plenty of activity recently

nrico2006

Andreas Pereira will be back in the summer too, having a great season with Valencia.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Maroon Manc

In terms of the overall quality of the squads there isn't a great deal to choose between United and City, signing one of the top3 players in the leagues the last 4 years has obviously made a huge difference.

City are clearly the better team, based on the players they've got they've amassed more points then anyone else would have predicted. Talent wise this City team aren't as talented as the great United sides of 99 & 08, the Arsenal side of 02-04 or the Chelsea side from 06-08.

J70

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 24, 2018, 10:30:32 AM
In terms of the overall quality of the squads there isn't a great deal to choose between United and City, signing one of the top3 players in the leagues the last 4 years has obviously made a huge difference.

City are clearly the better team, based on the players they've got they've amassed more points then anyone else would have predicted. Talent wise this City team aren't as talented as the great United sides of 99 & 08, the Arsenal side of 02-04 or the Chelsea side from 06-08.

That's a very emphatic statement.

How does one tell?

Milltown Row2

Well I'd imagine if City go on a run of winning Leagues and Champions leagues then they'd be up there with the likes off Chelsea and Utd, if they manage to go the season undefeated like Arsenal did then they could fall into that bracket, would that City team beat those teams? Well you'd never be able to answer that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2018, 11:58:02 AM
Well I'd imagine if City go on a run of winning Leagues and Champions leagues then they'd be up there with the likes off Chelsea and Utd, if they manage to go the season undefeated like Arsenal did then they could fall into that bracket, would that City team beat those teams? Well you'd never be able to answer that

But he said "talent-wise", specifically.

I think everyone understands that this Guardiola City team is obviously just starting out.

Maroon Manc

Just don't think based on the team they have at the moment their on the same level as those teams, that might chance next season when some of the younger players mature and they replace others. The partnership of Otamendi & Stones is no way near the quality of what those teams had and the same goes for the keeper.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 24, 2018, 12:19:59 PM
Just don't think based on the team they have at the moment their on the same level as those teams, that might chance next season when some of the younger players mature and they replace others. The partnership of Otamendi & Stones is no way near the quality of what those teams had and the same goes for the keeper.

Yeah and the thing is teams haven't really been able to expose that (bar Liverpool) as City hold the ball so well.