Touring Caravan

Started by Karl Kennedy, August 01, 2018, 05:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 02, 2018, 08:25:48 PM
I've been doing it for around 24 years since my kids were babies. Still doing it now they're grown up. Don't use it for our main holiday but take lots of weekends away in it and usually take a week down south in August. It's great craic. I'd be interested to know what you based your opinion on

Caravan club episode of the Inbetweeners

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: thebigfella on August 02, 2018, 08:32:42 PM
I've been doing it for around 24 years since my kids were babies. Still doing it now they're grown up. Don't use it for our main holiday but take lots of weekends away in it and usually take a week down south in August. It's great craic. I'd be interested to know what you based your opinion on

Excellent. Top Gear is another good guide
Careful now

trailer

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 02, 2018, 08:58:44 PM

If anyone I knew ever bought a caravan, I don't think I'd talk to them ever again. But they're all pretty sound so doubt that they would buy one. 

BennyCake

Did you not get enough of caravanning after that Riverdance episode? :D

Seriously though, I'd like a wee towing caravan meself. So this thread is great info.

Milltown Row2

Once I get the kids sorted (school/college ) which is about 7 years I'll pursue a van or touring caravan, as I'll need to take my wee pup on hols
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

You'd need to weigh it and check your licence.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mrdeeds

Men Behaving Badly done it too.

BennyCake

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 03, 2018, 09:51:47 AM

The Royle Fanily too. But they headed home early because they'd no chip pan

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 02, 2018, 09:53:42 PM
Once I get the kids sorted (school/college ) which is about 7 years I'll pursue a van or touring caravan, as I'll need to take my wee pup on hols

You realise the wee pup will be bigger then?

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 03, 2018, 09:51:47 AM

Brainiac does it best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VixDNZFfhM0
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ambrose

Dougie and the family pictured on a previous family holiday.

You can't live off history and tradition forever

Dougal Maguire

Good one 5ive. I was wondering how long it would take you to comment. Glad to see your sense of humour appears to have mellowed since the days when your favourite approach was to threaten  to assault people like Pints of Guinness and Fearon
Careful now

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 03, 2018, 03:22:49 PM
Good one 5ive. I was wondering how long it would take you to comment. Glad to see your sense of humour appears to have mellowed since the days when your favourite approach was to threaten  to assault people like Pints of Guinness and Fearon

Attacking people with keyboards! Well virtual keyboards. Ah the banter is gone
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ambrose

I think that little argument with pog was before your time on the board Dougie, unless....

Anyway how is Pints/Kevin keeping these days, still dieting?  :P Be sure to give him my regards.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

BennyCake

Quote from: Ambrose on August 03, 2018, 02:49:27 PM

Dougie and the family pictured on a previous family holiday.

That was the day the man from the Child Benefit called round.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Ambrose on August 03, 2018, 04:35:09 PM

I think that little argument with pog was before your time on the board Dougie, unless....

Anyway how is Pints/Kevin keeping these days, still dieting?  :P Be sure to give him my regards.
To be honest I never discovered his identity. That's as true as God's in heaven.
But look, let's just agree to ignore each other. If you went to the bother of working out who he was that concerns me so let's leave it like that
Careful now