Thread for Tony Fearon to to pontificate about Catholicism

Started by heganboy, September 12, 2017, 01:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

I have no idea.Celtic would still be pumping Linfield I guess,and Linfield season ticket holders would still be throwing bottles at opposing players and getting off scot free.

michaelg

Quote from: T Fearon on September 16, 2017, 11:49:50 PM
I have no idea.Celtic would still be pumping Linfield I guess,and Linfield season ticket holders would still be throwing bottles at opposing players and getting off scot free.
But would you still be aware of it you f**king clown?

laoislad

Quote from: michaelg on September 16, 2017, 11:56:54 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 16, 2017, 11:49:50 PM
But would you still be aware of it you f**king clown?
;D
I wonder do they have sky sports in the afterlife or would you still have to use an Android box.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

RealSpiritof98

The attacks on the Catholic faith on this thread amounts to racism/sectarianism and hate attack. If this was Jewish thread it would be in the main news. I for one was reared a Catholic but probably an atheist right now. I have no reason to stand up for any religion, I support gay rights but also feel abortion is wrong. I have many conflicting views and he many moralistic views that most likely contradict each other. I too feel Mr Fearon does show himself to be very ignorant to many views especially (paedophilia). However we seem only happy to bash the low hanging fruit that is the Catholic Church when in recent times its obvious that paedophilia and sexual exploitation is rife within all aspects and cultures within western society. Anglican church, nobility, celebrities, premier/football league clubs.

T Fearon

punt kick

Quote from: T Fearon on September 17, 2017, 07:20:25 AM
My views on paedophilia are ones of total revulsion.

Those of the catholic church has always been to cover it up and protect the perpetrator.   These are the people that are suppose to be God's disciples on Earth!

T Fearon

They sadly tried to protect the reputation of the Church and did not consider impact on victims.Totally wrong,but it's the Catholic Faith I adhere to,not so much the clerics.All individuals will have to answer to God for their failings,including Clerics

RealSpiritof98

punt kick

Quote from: T Fearon on September 17, 2017, 10:08:39 AM
They sadly tried to protect the reputation of the Church and did not consider impact on victims.Totally wrong,but it's the Catholic Faith I adhere to,not so much the clerics.All individuals will have to answer to God for their failings,including Clerics

The Catholic faith is a man.made invention by those with their individual agendas. You say you are a Christian yet your posts would suggest you are as Christian as Sid Widdley is intelligent. Did you not blame the kids and their parents for being raped by priests.

longballin

Quote from: punt kick on September 17, 2017, 12:07:04 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 17, 2017, 10:08:39 AM

The Catholic faith is a man.made invention by those with their individual agendas. You say you are a Christian yet your posts would suggest you are as Christian as Sid Widdley is intelligent. Did you not blame the kids and their parents for being raped by priests.

He did and supported the 'man' who covered up the rape of children.

T Fearon

No.I merely presented the logic of the argument, that if the then Fr John Brady was to be berated for not reporting allegations of child abuse heard by him to the authorities, then the parents were equally culpable,given that they too were aware of the same allegations.This is in no way to condone child abuse,or to suggest in any way shape or form that it should have been covered up and the perpetrators protected.

longballin

Quote from: T Fearon on September 17, 2017, 12:12:39 PM
No.I merely presented the logic of the argument, that if the then Fr John Brady was to be berated for not reporting allegations of child abuse heard by him to the authorities, then the parents were equally culpable,given that they too were aware of the same allegations.This is in no way to condone child abuse,or to suggest in any way shape or form that it should have been covered up and the perpetrators protected.

If any other organisation had committed the crimes and covered up as the catholic church it would have been disbanded.... 

T Fearon

Including the BBC,British Governments,Protestant Churches etc? As someone said this has been rife right through society,and in the past has been woefully mishandled.

playwiththewind1st

It's only been "mishandled" in as much as the truth has gradually emerged, despite the best efforts of the Catholic Church & its acolytes. Falling attendances, collections, vocations.......goodnight Vienna.

T Fearon

You don't understand.The Church is in the business of saving souls.Those who leave are jeopardising themselves.The Church has admitted its failings and has robust policies and procedures in place to safeguard children.