Cross dressing school kids on Isle of Wight

Started by bennydorano, September 11, 2017, 01:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hectic

Quote from: sid waddell on September 14, 2017, 12:57:45 AM
Quote from: Hectic on September 14, 2017, 12:30:42 AM

No I am being deadly serious here.

He uses the word kn**ker, which means someone who disposes of dead animals, to seemingly describe people with a certain collective way of thinking.

I do not doubt it was meant in a derogatory way but nonetheless I do not think the travelling community need to be referenced.

Or what are these laws that allow members of the travelling community to use a word when others are not allowed to use it? That is a genuine question as well as I am not up to speed with the specifics of Irish law.
So you do not doubt it was meant in a derogatory way.

These days the word is mainly used in a derogatory, racist way against the Travelling Community and when it's used in a derogatory way against anybody, even if they're not Travellers, it becomes a racist term. Whoever the slur is made against are equated to Travellers, with the automatic implication that the Travelling Community are the lowest of the low in society.

It's a custom that members of communities that are currently or have historically been oppressed can appropriate words that have commonly been used against them and use them as they wish, while if people who are not members of that community use these words as a slur it is most certainly considered both derogatory and racist, or in the case of the gay or transgender communities, homophobic or transphobic respectively.

Derogatory in the same way as if some called those with a certain collective way of thinking a bunch of vaginas. I would not be thinking that they were literally meaning that is what they are, I would identify it as derogatory but I would not then be turning round and saying it was a sexist remark.

As far as the rest of your post is concerned I am at a complete loss to understand - are you saying people of a specific group can use a derogatory term all they want if it is a term that is in some way associated with them in a derogatory manner but when anyone else uses it it is justification for hanging, drawing and quartering?  Surely these terms are either acceptable or not full stop?

A note on Irish travellers and your 'lowest of the low in society' - do you know any Irish travellers?  From my experience they are proud, hard working people.  They have great faith and much stronger values than many in the population.  Yes there are a few rogues but not any more than society in general.

sid waddell

Quote from: Hectic on September 14, 2017, 10:09:16 AM

He uses the word kn**ker, which means someone who disposes of dead animals, to seemingly describe people with a certain collective way of thinking.

I do not doubt it was meant in a derogatory way but nonetheless I do not think the travelling community need to be referenced.

Or what are these laws that allow members of the travelling community to use a word when others are not allowed to use it? That is a genuine question as well as I am not up to speed with the specifics of Irish law.

These days the word is mainly used in a derogatory, racist way against the Travelling Community and when it's used in a derogatory way against anybody, even if they're not Travellers, it becomes a racist term. Whoever the slur is made against are equated to Travellers, with the automatic implication that the Travelling Community are the lowest of the low in society.

It's a custom that members of communities that are currently or have historically been oppressed can appropriate words that have commonly been used against them and use them as they wish, while if people who are not members of that community use these words as a slur it is most certainly considered both derogatory and racist, or in the case of the gay or transgender communities, homophobic or transphobic respectively.

Derogatory in the same way as if some called those with a certain collective way of thinking a bunch of vaginas. I would not be thinking that they were literally meaning that is what they are, I would identify it as derogatory but I would not then be turning round and saying it was a sexist remark.

As far as the rest of your post is concerned I am at a complete loss to understand - are you saying people of a specific group can use a derogatory term all they want if it is a term that is in some way associated with them in a derogatory manner but when anyone else uses it it is justification for hanging, drawing and quartering?  Surely these terms are either acceptable or not full stop?

A note on Irish travellers and your 'lowest of the low in society' - do you know any Irish travellers?  From my experience they are proud, hard working people.  They have great faith and much stronger values than many in the population.  Yes there are a few rogues but not any more than society in general.
As you know full well, it's the people who use the word I objected to who use that implication, not me.

Use the word in a derogatory manner and see whether Travellers and will object to it or not.

Gordon D'Arcy did so the other day and got clamped on it by John Connors.

stew

Quote from: sid waddell on September 14, 2017, 10:22:26 AM

As you know full well, it's the people who use the word I objected to who use that implication, not me.

Use the word in a derogatory manner and see whether Travellers and will object to it or not.

Sid just went racist people, the lowest of the low he called the gypsies! For shame, I am appalled!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

sid waddell

Quote from: stew on September 14, 2017, 11:10:56 AM

Sid just went racist people, the lowest of the low he called the gypsies! For shame, I am appalled!
The creche obviously hasn't opened yet.  ;D

Hectic

As I said not wild up to speed with Irish Law and do not watch much tv or follow much news apart from the like of these boards so thanks for that info - I take it John Connors is an Irish Traveller - in a way it is a bit sad if these people have actually accepted that the term relates to them and are into monitoring how it is used rather than ignore it or point out its literal meaning.  Is there a history of Irish Travellers with this particular profession?

outinfront

Amazes me all these experts on here. I doubt very much a single post has been made by anyone who has been involved in a case such as this or with any experience of a similar scenario. 
Much of what I have read here is wild surmise, possibly rooted in intolerance.
I can think of several other more dangerous influences on a young school child, academic selection at the age of 11 to name but one! But that's a whole other debate.

punt kick

Quote from: outinfront on September 14, 2017, 11:37:05 AM
Amazes me all these experts on here. I doubt very much a single post has been made by anyone who has been involved in a case such as this or with any experience of a similar scenario. 
I can think of several other more dangerous influences on a young school child, academic selection at the age of 11 to name but one! But that's a whole other debate.

That's the whole point - it's not normal to send a 6 year old boy to school in a dress!

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on September 12, 2017, 08:37:17 AM
Such tosh.If you're born male,you are male,as both God and nature ordained.No wonder their parents withdrew their son from this school.It only takes one or two freaks to infect a whole raft of impressionable kids.Seriously I do not know what the world is coming to.

Tony, you have your own views and that's ok. I don't agree with a lot of them, but hey it's a free world and we're all entitled to believe what we believe.

BUT, this is a 6 year old. How dare you call this child a freak! No wonder society is full of bullies when they hear sentiments like this from adults.
Testing Accessibility

stew

The child is six ffs! six!

These so called parents are to blame here, not the child, because he is 6 years of age, not 11, at 11 I could see were a child might be confused as to his or her sexuality, I cannot see that at 6 years of age.

These parents are arseholes and, in my opinion are the numpties that are suing the school because of this mess, regardless of what he wears to school he should be treated with respect and dignity, sadly he will get neither and his parents are as much to blame as the wee bastards that are inevitably going to bully him!

Tony, you have sunk to an all time low calling a 6 year old a freak because he wants to wear a dress to school, the freaks here are the parents, both sets of parents, not the child, the child is being set up to fail, and he will fail because of the likes of the parents who are suing the school because he wears a skirt, or dress or whatever.

Finally, this is the sort of gender fluid shite the left love and it is sickening, there are, and always will be either male or female, there is no other designation needed, male or female is it, if you consider yourself a male trapped in a females body you can change but ultimately, you are one or the other!

J70

What about intersex people (used to be grouped under hermaphrodites) stew? They, for whatever reason, whether anatomical, chromosomal or otherwise, don't fit into your neat pigeon holes. Biological development is sometimes a messy thing.

stew

Quote from: J70 on September 14, 2017, 12:32:58 PM
What about intersex people (used to be grouped under hermaphrodites) stew? They, for whatever reason, whether anatomical, chromosomal or otherwise, don't fit into your neat pigeon holes. Biological development is sometimes a messy thing.

They are entitled to be whichever they see themselves, I wouldn't wish that on anybody, that has to be unbelievably hard.

Neat pidgeon holes my arse! It is the way it is and always was, don't blame me, I helped create two females, as for the rest, not my problem.

J70

Quote from: stew on September 14, 2017, 12:48:15 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 14, 2017, 12:32:58 PM

They are entitled to be whichever they see themselves, I wouldn't wish that on anybody, that has to be unbelievably hard.

Neat pidgeon holes my arse! It is the way it is and always was, don't blame me, I helped create two females, as for the rest, not my problem.

I'm not blaming you for anything.

I'm questioning your contention that they're either male or female when it is obviously not always that simple.

Tradition is irrelevant. Culture and knowledge evolves as formerly held norms and sacred cows are found wanting.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "not my problem" bit?

Hectic

What is wrong with academic selection?  If my kids are academic I would like them to go to a Grammar School.  If they are not I would prefer they went elsewhere and focused on the subjects and skills that suit them rather than being piled in with everyone else, probably put into a lower class in the same school (that is the alternative selection) and maybe be made feel inferior simply because they are not tuned academically when in reality is will be better for them to grow up and aim for what suits their individual strengths best.

outinfront

A different debate not gonna get into it. My opinion refers more to the current testing scenario and the stress it causes young children.
Back to dresses and freaks...

stew

I do know some yes, from my experience they are thieving, filthy feckers who never done a days work in their lives, granted my experience of them is about 25 years old, I have never had any time for them and avoid them at all cost, and will continue to do so, as for their faith? I don't see it, you seem to love them however, next time they are camping in Armagh I will let you know so you can help them clean up after themselves..............................Oh wait!