All Ireland Football Final 2017 Mayo V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, August 27, 2017, 07:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: screenexile on September 17, 2017, 05:17:55 PM
Quote from: trileacman on September 17, 2017, 05:16:06 PM
Dublin joe robs mayo. f**k him f**k him anyway.

No that is not correct!! I'm as neutral as anyone and Mayo came up just short I actually think Joe was very good today!! Donie Vaughan is some stupid ****!!

Agreed, he made mistakes but didn't favour either team. Great game, brilliant to see 2 teams going toe to toe instead of the shite tyrone served up in the semifinal.

mrdeeds

tonto1888

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 17, 2017, 05:20:06 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 17, 2017, 05:17:55 PM
Quote from: trileacman on September 17, 2017, 05:16:06 PM
Dublin joe robs mayo. f**k him f**k him anyway.

No that is not correct!! I'm as neutral as anyone and Mayo came up just short I actually think Joe was very good today!! Donie Vaughan is some stupid ****!!

Joe gave them a nothing free in first half turns out that point won instead of a draw
Dublin bench is stronger to

Missed a blatant off the ball foul in build up to a Mayo score in the first half

imtommygunn

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on September 17, 2017, 05:20:51 PM
If Dublin Joe was working for Dublin AOS would have been black carded 5 seconds into the 2nd half

Rock took minimum 9 steps for one of his points. Penalty call too. Didn't seem to have the bottle to make big calls.

gallsman

Quote from: clarshack on September 17, 2017, 05:18:18 PM
Cillian O'Connor is a choker. Had free in same spot that Peter Canavan scored against Armagh.

I've given COC plenty of abuse over the years, today included, but he stepped up in the second half today unlike any of the other forwards. That was a tough free and the rest of Mayo lads sat watching it and failed to react.

screenexile

If Vaughan had half a brain he would have left alone and realised your man was getting the line!!

PS. What a game of football!! Mayo had chances they've only themselves to blame!!

SouthDublinBro

Hopefully that will have put Mayo away for a long time. Will be doubly hard for them to recover from that one.

Il Bomber Destro

Asal Mor

Cillian O'Connor is a choker. Had free in same spot that Peter Canavan scored against Armagh.
Coc was heroic in the 2nd half. Hit the inside of the post with a very difficult free. Thought someone should have been competing for rebound.

Wildweasel74

Should they gave taken off Boyle? Why the lad that played well in the semi not come into midfield; should oshea not been in full forward last 10mins to vary the play? The wait goes on; Dublin were better 2nd half but i got a feeling Mayo got rode hard; look at some of the dubs frees they compare them to the tackling on Aiden OShea

under the bar

Joe got bought by the team with millions and endless supplies of EPO!!

laoislad

Quote from: randomusername on September 17, 2017, 05:21:21 PM

Are you one of those lads that brings everything back to Tyrone? (and I'm a Tyrone man myself). Canavan's was more straightforward and it doesn't matter anyway.
Yup there's always one who has to do that.

Hard luck to all the Mayo lads on here. Devastated for ye.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: screenexile on September 17, 2017, 05:23:55 PM
If Vaughan had half a brain he would have left alone and realised your man was getting the line!!

PS. What a game of football!! Mayo had chances they've only themselves to blame!!
I don't disagree, but that doesn't make it a red card.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

north_antrim_hound

Well done to mayo
Not bad for a bunch of amateur sportsman to run Dublin to a point
Moral victors for sure
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

clarshack

Quote from: laoislad on September 17, 2017, 05:24:56 PM
Quote from: randomusername on September 17, 2017, 05:21:21 PM

Are you one of those lads that brings everything back to Tyrone? (and I'm a Tyrone man myself). Canavan's was more straightforward and it doesn't matter anyway.
Yup there's always one who has to do that.

Hard luck to all the Mayo lads on here. Devastated for ye.

COC also missed very scorable free in 1st half.