All Ireland Football Final 2017 Mayo V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, August 27, 2017, 07:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 14, 2017, 06:40:38 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 14, 2017, 05:58:00 PM
Any chance of someone actually mentioning the match or is this thread strictly whingefest only?

One of the many imponderables about this intriguing game is how much Mayo's marathon road to the final may have taken from them - having had to peak a number of times. Will they be able to raise their game again next Sunday. Who knows. But if they do and can pull it off, fair dues to them.

If we win, that'll be one of the reasons why. If we lose, it'll also be one of the reasons why

highorlow

Added to the fact that a professional outfit playing at home will be beaten it will be a monstrous achievement.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 14, 2017, 04:21:04 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on September 14, 2017, 04:04:37 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 14, 2017, 03:24:26 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 14, 2017, 03:00:12 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 14, 2017, 02:54:19 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 14, 2017, 02:44:29 PM
When will Dublin name their team? Do they normally line out as named or have changes?

Presume ours will be named tomorrow evening with 1-2 changes before throw in

I'd say that both teams will play their hands close to their chests for as long as possible.

BTW: If Mayo win on Sunday where will that leave the "unfair advantage" arguement?

It will leave it the same way it was after Donegal beat ye in 2014!

Oh I'd forgotten about that - so the unfair advantage doesn't always pay off.

no it means the unfair advantage wasnt big enough and next year theyll try to make it more unfair

unfairadvantages does not make great players but it can ensure average footballers are superfit and can run quicker and longer than team with a average preparation and then play a style thast depends more on athleticism that football skill .
perfect example is bernard brogan on the bench while scully plays Alsowhen  the age induced failing powers  flynn and mcCauley stop them being  running machines they are discarded and replicants introduced .
there is a reason dublin seem to have the best bench in the country

Good management can achieve the same thing - that's why Kerry have produced champions decade after decade.

Feck me there are a lot of Bad Managers (about 32) out there going on that!

From the Bunker

What would happen if Mayo headed to the Hill for the warm up? Is it still against the rules? Would the Authorities step in?

Mayo4Sam

I've two tickets for Whollys thing in the Academy tomorrow evening if anyone wants them? Starts at 6.30
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 14, 2017, 09:05:20 PM
I've two tickets for Whollys thing in the Academy tomorrow evening if anyone wants them? Starts at 6.30
No thanks.

longballin

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 14, 2017, 09:05:20 PM

No thanks

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 14, 2017, 07:55:04 PM
What would happen if Mayo headed to the Hill for the warm up? Is it still against the rules? Would the Authorities step in?

We tried that in the '84 Semi, and it didn't go too well for us. You'd swear the Dubs think of Croke as their home ground, hence their divine right to warm up at the Hill end, but sure of course it isn't, that's just a vicious rumour!  ;)

Hoi, that's our end Nordie upstarts!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mayo4Sam

Why would we? We're a different outfit from 06, it's all built on process, doing everything right. No real time for messing
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Lar Naparka

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 14, 2017, 02:54:19 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 14, 2017, 02:44:29 PM
When will Dublin name their team? Do they normally line out as named or have changes?

Presume ours will be named tomorrow evening with 1-2 changes before throw in

I'd say that both teams will play their hands close to their chests for as long as possible.

BTW: If Mayo win on Sunday where will that leave the "unfair advantage" arguement?
It hasn't gone away, you know. The odds are that, year on year Dublin, will be strong favourites. I think those who framed the Blue Wave project were correct in saying that their aim was to win 3 out of every five years. (Or something like that. The precise wording escapes me but three out of five was the goal.)
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

From the Bunker

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 14, 2017, 09:51:05 PM

Why would we? We're a different outfit from 06, it's all built on process, doing everything right. No real time for messing

What if part of Mayos process is to upset Dublins process?

Tubberman

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 14, 2017, 10:50:08 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 14, 2017, 09:51:05 PM

What if part of Mayos process is to upset Dublins process?

Then there'd be no process, and I'm not sure Gavin or Rochford would process that.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 14, 2017, 09:39:07 PM

We tried that in the '84 Semi, and it didn't go too well for us. You'd swear the Dubs think of Croke as their home ground, hence their divine right to warm up at the Hill end, but sure of course it isn't, that's just a vicious rumour!  ;)

Tyrone's tactic 2017 was to break rank before the parade came to Hill 16. They suffered a worst defeat than 1984.

Mayo4Sam14

What if both teams have a process, but seeing how heavy favourites Dublin are Mayo should disrupt dublins
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Aaron Boone on September 14, 2017, 11:02:24 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 14, 2017, 09:39:07 PM

Tyrone's tactic 2017 was to break rank before the parade came to Hill 16. They suffered a worst defeat than 1984.

Agreed, unfathomable to my mind (2017), alas.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...