Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

the goal was on

a gentleman maybe but meenagh had dromore playing 14 in own 45 and one of best forwards in ireland this year playing sweeper. Think won 2 championship games in 3 years with one of most talented teams in tyrone.

toby47

Quote from: the goal was on on October 23, 2018, 10:16:07 AM
a gentleman maybe but meenagh had dromore playing 14 in own 45 and one of best forwards in ireland this year playing sweeper. Think won 2 championship games in 3 years with one of most talented teams in tyrone.

I was talking to a Screen player a year or so ago and he said if Meenagh had of stayed about, he would be confident they would have won a championship. He also said he was the best man he's ever played under.

His record with a very good Dromore side is grim, however this year they were beat by a point vs Coalisland who went on to win the championship. Regarding the Defensive football, I'd say that's exactly the way Derry will prepare to play Tyrone this year in the Ulster championship.

Uncle Phil

Quote from: toby47 on October 23, 2018, 10:21:15 AM
Quote from: the goal was on on October 23, 2018, 10:16:07 AM

I was talking to a Screen player a year or so ago and he said if Meenagh had of stayed about, he would be confident they would have won a championship. He also said he was the best man he's ever played under.

His record with a very good Dromore side is grim, however this year they were beat by a point vs Coalisland who went on to win the championship. Regarding the Defensive football, I'd say that's exactly the way Derry will prepare to play Tyrone this year in the Ulster championship.

To be honest I don't know enough about his time at Dromore to comment, but having followed his time at Sceeen closely, he really impressed me. I know the players really enjoyed playing under him and were gutted when he moved on.

Derry Optimist

Was wondering do the normally well informed toby47 or JoG2 know  the names of all the panellists on the Derry Senior panel for 2019.God be with the days when Damian McErlain was in charge of the Minors.He then used to publicly announce the  list of panellists well in advance of the new season.Now he seems to be following in the footsteps of other previous  Derry Senior managers and not releasing the panellists names.

For example are Garth McKinless,Terence O'Brien and Colm McGoldrick on the 2019 panel?Is Niall Loughlin definitely emigrating to Australia?On the plus side it is good to see Ryan Bell and Christopher Bradley back and Ryan Dougan recalled.It is also good to see the young talented Lavey quartet in the side.Once again, however, and for whatever reason there seems to be no recall for the talented and versatile Danny Heavron.

toby47

Quote from: Derry Optimist on October 23, 2018, 02:30:38 PM
Was wondering do the normally well informed toby47 or JoG2 know  the names of all the panellists on the Derry Senior panel for 2019.God be with the days when Damian McErlain was in charge of the Minors.He then used to publicly announce the  list of panellists well in advance of the new season.Now he seems to be following in the footsteps of other previous  Derry Senior managers and not releasing the panellists names.

For example are Garth McKinless,Terence O'Brien and Colm McGoldrick on the 2019 panel?Is Niall Loughlin definitely emigrating to Australia?On the plus side it is good to see Ryan Bell and Christopher Bradley back and Ryan Dougan recalled.It is also good to see the young talented Lavey quartet in the side.Once again, however, and for whatever reason there seems to be no recall for the talented and versatile Danny Heavron.

The part I sent in earlier is straight off the Irish News website so no massive inside info. I have no information on any of the above players you have asked about other than Niall Loughlin is definitely away back to Australia. Terrance O'Brian was on the panel last year so hopefully he's still there and I have no information on McKinless, McGoldrick or Heavron although I'd be surprise if any of them were apart of the panel this year - I hope i'm wrong.

screenexile

Why would anyone need to know the Derry Senior Panel for 2019 in October of the year before??

restorepride

Quote from: screenexile on October 23, 2018, 03:35:24 PM
Why would anyone need to know the Derry Senior Panel for 2019 in October of the year before??
Because the first match is about 9 weeks away?!

Franko

Quote from: restorepride on October 24, 2018, 01:33:12 AM

And???

Are you picking the team?

Catch a grip.

restorepride

Quote from: Franko on October 24, 2018, 09:21:31 AM
Quote from: restorepride on October 24, 2018, 01:33:12 AM

And???

Are you picking the team?

Catch a grip.
Thought the man wanted an answer so he got one. Now, there is also this concept called preparation - especially if a good number of new panelists are involved.  On 2018 form, how many weeks preparation do you think the 2019 team will need?  And no, I am not picking the team!

shawshank

Congratulations to Coleraine, very happy to have seen them win their second title, they have been knocking on the door, and the team that beat Slaughtneil deserved to win it. Lavey have had a bad week, beat in the senior county, minor football and hurling and u16 hurling finals, maybe they don't have it 😜 a softer breed than there predecessors🧐, only kidding 😎
Brennan I'm sure regretting not bring on O Boyle earlier or maybe starting him, big call and got it miserable wrong. Lacey have some useful players but have a bit to go. How do you see Coleraine fairing in the Ulster club, Derry clubs usually do well.

theticklemister

Coleraine not field in the u-21 and hurling championships the last two nights

toby47

Confirmed Callum Brown is away to Oz

oakleaflad

Quote from: theticklemister on October 25, 2018, 08:39:37 AM
Can't really blame them.

Quote from: toby47 on October 25, 2018, 09:04:03 AM
Can't really blame him. Best of luck to the lad.

theticklemister

Quote from: oakleaflad on October 25, 2018, 09:31:20 AM
Can't really blame them.

Not blaming anyone these days lad.

Will brown be around for the Ulster campaign?

oakleaflad

Quote from: theticklemister on October 25, 2018, 10:16:46 AM
Quote from: oakleaflad on October 25, 2018, 09:31:20 AM
Can't really blame them.

Not blaming anyone these days lad.

Will brown be around for the Ulster campaign?
Yeah, from what i'm hearing he'd be here for the Ulster campaign and will fly to Oz then in late-ish November.