Star Wars

Started by omaghjoe, December 15, 2015, 10:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnybegood

In simple ger canning language the next 2 movies will continue along the road of rehashing the originals with a variation on a theme

AZOffaly

How is that Ger Canning Language? Ger Canning would call characters by their nickname, bore you with pretend analysis and say that the First Order are sending a few 'huge ones' into the Republic penalty area.

gallsman

He'd get a few of the names wrong, too.

Johnnybegood

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 07, 2016, 11:46:04 AM
How is that Ger Canning Language? Ger Canning would call characters by their nickname, bore you with pretend analysis and say that the First Order are sending a few 'huge ones' into the Republic penalty area.
variation on a theme being one of his fav quotes

AZOffaly

Never noticed that. Probably because I try not to listen to him any more :)

Na Glinntí Glasa

This rouge one star wars film looks interesting. im trying to do the same as the force awakens and not look for information on it to try and not spoil it but i hear that the trailer will tie in with the next captain america film.

Makes sense seeing as Disney owns both franchises and wants to big them both up.
hurl like f**k boi!

AZOffaly

Apparently this movie deals with how Leia came by the plans for the original Death Star, so it's sort of a segue from between Episode III and Episode IV

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 07, 2016, 12:06:50 PM
Apparently this movie deals with how Leia came by the plans for the original Death Star, so it's sort of a segue from between Episode III and Episode IV

Cool.

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah its a pre 'a new hope' where this group of people steal the plans for the death star and pass it onto Leia. Its a cool concept and any of the set pics ive seen show the original storm troopers in a battle scene.

Def something to fill the gap until the next film in May 17
hurl like f**k boi!

brokencrossbar1

Yeah looking forward to it,  like the current one it comes out around my birthday so that's my present sorted out!

Canalman

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 07, 2016, 12:17:00 PM
yeah its a pre 'a new hope' where this group of people steal the plans for the death star and pass it onto Leia. Its a cool concept and any of the set pics ive seen show the original storm troopers in a battle scene.

Def something to fill the gap until the next film in May 17

Jesus wept. Do we have to go through all the hype again in a few months?

Will never again go to see another SW movie after buying into the hype (sadly again). Current one very very average imo. Ferocious plot holes in it to (re)boot ........... pun intended.

AZOffaly

This won't have the same hype. And I, for 1, love the new movie. It's just a good old fashioned yarn with good guys, bad guys, great battles and a bit of nostalgia thrown in. People are too serious these days. :)

Hardy

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 07, 2016, 11:46:04 AM
How is that Ger Canning Language? Ger Canning would call characters by their nickname ...

Their first name AND their nickname - Han "Bubbles" Solo, Kylo "Brick" Ren.

AZOffaly

And Leia 'Plastic' Organa

brokencrossbar1

Luke 'the Duke' Skywalker

Chew 'carpet' bacca