Prayers and praying.......

Started by PadraicHenryPearse, March 04, 2011, 03:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PadraicHenryPearse

I am not relgious at all. I don't pray. I never use the expression "you're in my thoughts and prayers" etc.

Was just wondering after a few recent enough threads where i saw this expression used a alot.

Do people actually pray? What do you pray for? do you use the expression above or similar but don't actually pray. What prayers do you say?

ballinaman

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on March 04, 2011, 03:49:52 AM
I am not relgious at all. I don't pray. I never use the expression "you're in my thoughts and prayers" etc.

Was just wondering after a few recent enough threads where i saw this expression used a alot.

Do people actually pray? What do you pray for? do you use the expression above or similar but don't actually pray. What prayers do you say?
AI Club final 2005, 70mins...."christ above and all the angels and saints in heaven,let Liam stick this free over"

mylestheslasher

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on March 04, 2011, 03:49:52 AM

I'm like you. I try never to use that phrase even though I believe it to be more of a phrase than an actual commitment to pray for people - although I am sure some people mean it literally.

ziggysego

When I say I'll pray, I do. I say a Hail Mary and an Our Father, whilst keeping the subject of the prayer in my mind.
Testing Accessibility

Agnes Dipesto

Quote from: ziggysego on March 04, 2011, 10:03:25 AM
When I say I'll pray, I do. I say a Hail Mary and an Our Father, whilst keeping the subject of the prayer in my mind.

I do the same, keep the person in mind when praying.

Cold tea

Do you need to say prayers to pray?

ziggysego

Quote from: Cold tea on March 04, 2011, 10:48:03 AM

Whatever you feel is appropriate.
Testing Accessibility

balladmaker

I wouldn't consider myself to be overly religious by any means, but I do believe in the power of prayer 100%.

Olly

Sometimes I used to pray for endangered species especially for those who were preyed on by vultures or foxes.

One time I had a load of chickens and one night in December I prayed with them that they would not be killed by the fox who had been standing at the bottom of my garden for 3 hours. The next morning the chickens had been preyed upon by the fox and murdered. It was at that point I gave up praying for the preyed upon. God must have a sick sense of humour to fcuk me about like that.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

ziggy90

Quote from: Agnes Dipesto on March 04, 2011, 10:05:30 AM

Quote from: Agnes Dipesto on March 04, 2011, 10:05:30 AM

Me also.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Radda bout yeee

Agree - keep subject in mind.
Also:
I like to give a few of my favourite saints a rattle now and then:
St Anthony - If I lose something
St Joseph of Cupertino - When I had exams
St Jude - After a full weekend rip!!!

Cold tea

Quote from: ziggysego on March 04, 2011, 11:14:04 AM
Quote from: Cold tea on March 04, 2011, 10:48:03 AM

Whatever you feel is appropriate.

I am sure the divine one's ears perk up for those two prayers and puts your intentions to the top of his 200 trillion requests!

balladmaker

Does the belief that there is an all powerful 'creator' and the belief that there is an afterlife, seem any more absurd than the fact that we do exist at all?!  I'm keeping an open mind on all possibilities.

balladmaker

freaky...my deepest post ever was actually my 666th post.... :o

ziggysego

Quote from: balladmaker on March 04, 2011, 01:04:38 PM
freaky...my deepest post ever was actually my 666th post.... :o

The number of the beast is 616.
Testing Accessibility