Horslips ride again

Started by Shamrock Shore, July 01, 2009, 10:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

ardmhachaabu

Zen Alligators - the very group

They were powerful too
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

longrunsthefox

you can fool them alright but can you fool the beast...

Shamrock Shore

There's a man that knows his Táin!

Shamrock Shore

*bump*

Just to let ye know tickets are now on sale (well, at 9 am this morning, that is)

balladmaker

So gig promotion is permitted again on the board...fair enough.

lob her in lad

The soundtrack to my childhood, whenever listen to themselves Planxty, The Boss, the Chieftans, Sweeneys Men and Elvis Costelloe I get transported back to the early to mid 80's to the days of 3p refresher sweets and chocolate mice. Would be a good line up for a gig if you got the above bands to perform. Maybe if I get as famous as Jacko they will perform at my memorial ceremony when I kick it.

I'd say me da would be very happy with tickets to this.

Have to say Silver spear is my favourite track
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

longrunsthefox

Got my ticets --full of excitment and emotion...

...Mad Paddy's gone back on the road
A wire string fiddle is his only load,
He's kicking up turf everywhere he goes
And he's on his own.
From the houses all the people they stare
At his Horslips and his emerald green hair
You know he keeps on moving
he just doesn't care

Billys Boots

I thought it was 'apple green hair'.  :)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shamrock Shore

The fox is correct Billy.

I have 2 ticeadi for you and (I assume) Mrs Boots

Billys Boots

Good man SS, fair play.  Mrs Boots is going alright.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

lob her in lad

What sort of a crowd do you think it will attract, I'm talking ages here. Will it be full of old men who suffer from LSD flashbacks or will there be much of a younger 'new' crowd at it. The O2 holds something like 12,000 doesn't it?? Did that many men in their teens/20's make it out of the 70's in good health?
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

Denn Forever

Quote from: lob her in lad on July 09, 2009, 02:14:56 PM
What sort of a crowd do you think it will attract, I'm talking ages here. Will it be full of old men who suffer from LSD flashbacks or will there be much of a younger 'new' crowd at it. The O2 holds something like 12,000 doesn't it?? Did that many men in their teens/20's make it out of the 70's in good health?

I would imagine that it will br predominently 40 to 50 year olds coming with their sons and daughters. 

I would say paying them back for having to bring them to Westlife/Boyzone concerts when they were younger.  But paying them back is the wrong word.  Showing them that the olds still know how to boogie.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ziggysego

Ran into the fox this afternoon. Kept waving his Horslip tickets in my face.  >:(
Testing Accessibility

Shamrock Shore

The profile I know that will be there will range from 19 to late 60s. It will be right across the board.

I do expect the fir to be in the majority.

Sadly John Fean won't be able to light up on stage as one of the characteristics of their gigs in the 70s (I am told) was Fean's cigarette smouldering between the strings and the top of the fret board.

There was a good story of the Passion play in Falcarragh in Donegal when the band found some of the props in the same hall and used them in the set.........